Gamestop / gift receipt fraud

I purchased a game for $59.99 and asked for a gift receipt. Later realized I purchased the wrong game and could only find the gift receipt. Went with the gift receipt to exchange for the correct game. When they processed the transaction they said I was only getting $39.99 for the game that I purchased for $59.99. I had to pay another $20.00 for the new game. I proceeded to find the original receipt and went to Game Stop to ask them why the gift receipt was not showing up as $59.99. They never really explained why the gift receipt didn't show up as $59.99, but returned my original purchase and re-purchased the item at $39.99.

I thought the whole reason for gift receipts is so they hold the price you paid, without giving the person an original receipt. I have the receipts and if I can attach later I will try. Total Scam...

Ic

Comments

• Df
      8th of Jan, 2011

I'd say that's a double cross and false advertising if I've ever heard of it. And legally it's against the law. It's called the bait and switch and it is fraud. You should sue them big time.