Having problems with GameStop?

GameStop reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on May 15, 2008. The latest review Game code had already been redeemed was posted on Mar 8, 2021. The latest complaint false advertisement was resolved on Mar 01, 2018. GameStop has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 208 reviews. GameStop has resolved 58 complaints.

GameStop Customer Service Contacts

625 Westport Pkwy
Grapevine, Texas

GameStop Complaints & Reviews

GameStopfalse advertising

Gamestop just tried to charge me 21 dollars for a used copy of halo 5. It is clearly 10 dollars on the site and in the catalog that I showed them. They still insisted that I give them 21 dollars when that is an old used game that is priced at 10 dollars smh. All the sales associate had to say was he had to charge the price that was on the register. The manager also agreed with him, while she was holding the piece of paper that said the game was 10 dollars. They are not honoring their black Friday sales at all, they just falsely advertise to get people in the store. I didn't go for it.

GameStopblack friday false advertising

I recently purchased the Black Friday Sale of the $199 Playstation 4 WITH a $50 gift card. My order is on the way and arrives this week. I called on the day I ordered to verify where/how my code would be sent to me. I was told it would be in email once the order went through. No email ever came. I called today and was told the Black Friday Sale I bought does not come with a $50 gift card. I am not accepting this. I talked to a supervisor and he would not help me either. On this Black Friday Ad, https://bestblackfriday.com/store/gamestop
    It CLEARLY shows the deal I wanted with the gift card. The supervisor told me on the Gamestop site it shows just the Playstation for $199, LESS the $50 gift card. My issue with all this is, WHY was I able to purchase the Black Friday Playstation deal with $50 gift card FROM THE AD ITSELF, if it wasnt going to come with the gift card? This seems fraudulent to me.. The link SHOULD NOT BE WORKING in that ad if this is the case. All i want is the gift card the ad shows I would be getting and WAS TOLD I would get.
    O#[protected] 1st call to gamestop store locally: 11/19 2nd call asking where gift card was 11/21.

black friday false advertising
    black friday false advertising

GameStopAvoid them

I have two things to say:
      first. don't order from them. try to avoid if it's possible.
      second. If it's impossible, then use paypal for making payments because it will guarantee you will get your refund. the company tends not to send items, so it's possible that you will have to open disputes to get your hard-earned money back. The company will never do it if you pay with your credit/debit card.
      So be very careful and order same or similar items elsewhere.

GameStop — one of the employees at your chickasha store is doing drug deals in the store during work hours.

Let me start by saying I regular game stop. I was in the store with my children last week and a employee...

GameStop — manager harassment

Me and my brother recently went to the Welland Seaway Mall location to purchase the new Mario game for the...

Welland

GameStopcustomer service

On November 7, 2017 at approx. 5:15 p.m. I attempted to call customer service to ask why my password reset link wasn't being sent to my recovery email that I had set up. On the website under the "help center" section, it claimed that the email would be there in 15 minutes.

When it did not appear in my inbox or my spam folder I decided to call the customer support line at [protected]. Upon being put through to a machine, it told me that they were experiencing an unusually high volume of calls (which is exactly what it said the previous time I tried to call).

It then informed me that in about 15 minutes, somebody would be on the line with me to help sort out the problems I was having after being prompted to press '1' twice. Thirty-five minutes later, and nothing has happened. I was still just listening to some nonsense about new awful video games that were coming out.

This would not have bothered me had it not played out exactly the same way when I called a few months prior for the same exact problem.

Any other website would have that email sent out within two minutes. However for GameStop and the rubes that work there, that's far too fast. They feel they need to dangle the carrot.

A HALF HOUR TO SEND OUT AN EMAIL CONCERNING MY PRO REWARDS ACCOUNT PASSWORD IS TOO LONG.

The way I see it, they choose to not send these emails so that it makes your decision to cancel their service that much harder for you. If you've got a complaint, they don't want to hear it.

They're just another company on the list of companies that will consistently grab for your cash. One year ago, there was the PowerUp Pro Rewards Program: the highest tier. Now, there's PowerUp Platinum or some such nonsense that gives you little to no value for paying an extra 15 dollars.

TLDR: They don't know how to treat people, so they just...don't.

• Updated by choosebeef · Nov 07, 2017

P.S. I checked my email four hours later, and it's still not in either folder.

• Po
            pobarjenkins Nov 08, 2017

"The way I see it, they choose to put that disclaimer on the line during the customer service phone call just to slack off and not pick up the phone that much longer."

That's quite an assumption for which you did not have any actual evidence.

GameStopservice

Your location in albemarle opened for only 30 minute for your midnight release on 11/07/2017. This isn't right. I arrived around 12:45 an and was turned away. I did inform them I had pre paid and had driven 30 minutes to get there. At this level of service I feel I should move my gaming business online with playstaion. I am a loyal customer and this feels like a slap in the face.

GameStopsamsung galaxy s6

We were told GameStop would give us $90 for our Samsung Galaxy s6. Once we got to the store in St. Cloud FL. they would barely give us $40 due to a microscopic wear mark on a corner where the case rubbed against it. We are very disappointed that GameStop would find any excuse to give anyone absolute bottom dollar for something in excellent shape. You sell these used phones for $200 plus. That's well over a 300% mark up! If you would have given us the $90 then it's still over a 200% mark up. But because of your(Gamestop's) greediness I did not let you take advantage of us. You truly should be ashamed of yourselves for trying to screw people in this way. You would have still made a good profit. We are very disappointed in the way GameStop conducts business. And we know GameStop will not do anything about this because they flat out don't give a **** about fairness to their customers. This will greatly affect our future game purchases, as in you just lost a frequent loyal customer. Please understand I could care less about the $50 markdown, it's not just about the money, it's the way you are taking advantage of your customers. Thanks for reading...

GameStopcall of duty free zombie giveaways

When I pre ordered the valor edition I asked for zombie giveaways they told me that I would get it when I got the game instead they gave me an infinite warfare keychain with a inch of dust on it.i told the guy I was doing this for the zombie instead of downloading off dashboard if you are gonna tell people to do this u should have the product instead of telling people what they want to hear to get them to buy the game at your store...

GameStopordering gift card online

I ordered a gift card online this morning around 7am. I kept waiting for a place to enter the recipient's email address but there wasn't one. I submitted the order and hoped that I could go back in and change the email address to someone other than myself (why would I want to send a gift card to myself?) There is no chat. There is no way to change the order. There is no way to cancel the order. I called the customer service line that is "always open" and immediately got the "we are experiencing an extremely high volume of calls" message. At 7:30. On a Friday morning. Sure. 30 minutes of wait time later someone answered the call and said - the last person I was talking to hung up and I just need two minutes to log something. Really? I said no to that. At this point I wanted to cancel my order. They couldn't do that. But maybe we can refund. Hold on. No sorry we can't refund. Then please put me on with someone who can. Hold on. 5 minutes later same person returns.. can you tell me why you want to cancel? I already told you twice. Repeated story. Ok let me see if I can refund. Sorry, unfortunately... Please put me on with someone who can resolve this. Let me check to see if my supervisor is available. My supervisory is extremely busy but we can schedule a call back. Who may I expect will be calling? Any of my supervisors. And when will they be calling? I don't know.. sometime today probably. And I should trust that someone will call me back? Yes, they mostly do. And who do I call directly if no one calls me back. You can just call this number again. This is ridiculous. I will never purchase something from this company again!!!

GameStopWhat a mess!!!

Buy elsewhere. There are so many places with lower prices and better quality.
                  I am so disappointed with this company. I am done with them.
                  I bought the Witcher game, checked my information before making the payment, did everything right. But the game never arrived. I don't know what was the reason, their customer support doesn't tell me anything clear either.
                  One representative said that he sees all the information and the game is on its way (one month ago), another one said that the delivery service confused my address (I have been living on the same street all my life), and the third one said that the recipient (me) wasn't at home on the day of the delivery, so the game was sent back.
                  I was like WHAT? If they scheduled the delivery date, they forgot to notify me. I didn't get anything at all, I swear.
                  What a terrible place for spending money. Run away.

GameStop — 2 year extended warranty

Bought an Xbox One with a 2 year extended warranty from Gamestop. 698 days later it would not power on...

GameStopmario car game

My sister order a Nintendo Switch console along with two games one of which she never received. All the items were bought on the same but two of the items came at different times in individual boxes except the Mario Cart game which we never got. We kept getting messages of completed deliveries that never took place. We even change the delivery address to avoid the item getting lost again. we were told that they were going to send another one, but that did not happen. When we call to find out why we did not get it, the customer service person that it was delivery to the old address and that it was sign for it. The customer service person was lying because that day I was at my sister's house during the time of the suppose delivery and no one came to deliver anything, and besides it was suppose to go to a new jersey address anyway so right there you can tell that the person was lying. I asked for a manager and didn't get one. the person put us on hold for a few minutes and then asked if we wanted a game or a refund. We asked for a refund since we attempted having the game sent to a different address and that did not happened on the part of the company, nothing was sent. We have not gotten a refund and in the card statement you charge for a game that was not deliver. we want to let you know that if this matter is not resolve soon we will be force to contact the authorities and the better business office and file a complaint against you.

GameStoppowerup rewards

10/01/17
                      It appears GameStop has completely removed all physical merchandise from their rewards program. I just renewed my membership because I planned to go buy a few games today, and I wanted to browse the merch with my newly earned rewards points. Low and behold no merch to be had, just lame [censor] gift cards and coupons etc. WTF GameStop! You had a good thing going for the customer and just like the choice to try and go completely digital with your magazine, you've missed the mark! I hope you will see the error of your ways and bring it back to its original glory. But if not I have no real use for the points system. And honestly, as much as I love the gamer mag, I'm not sure if 17$ after tax is money well spent for a magazine subscription and an occasional discount when I buy a used game. I'm a new title buyer more often than not. I guess I'm just upset that we are losing out on one of the things I felt made you stand out. I can buy games cheaper online but chose GameStop because of the customer service and membership rewards. Please bring it back!

GameStop4 bad controllers in a row

I bought a xbox 360 and I live 60 miles from you pathetic excuse for a store and I've had to go back 2 separate times to return controllers and they gave me yet another bad cotroller so now I have almost 100 dollars invested in a 30 dollar controller I want my money back this is in fort Gratiot Michigan my email is itachi.[protected]@gmail.com I expect a full reimbursement not to mention the many bad reviews I'm gonna write and I have a YouTube channel I plan to show everyone how horrible game stop is they are better getting things off amazon and ebay

GameStopspecial order

Placed an order in local store back in July & still haven't received it. I've made phone calls to 800#, I've sent emails, I've gone back to the store & still no game! I paid for it in July & want my game. VERY poor customer service! I keep being given the same excuse that order was lost by UPS & that they'd send a replacement. But I still haven't received.

GameStop — payment

I owed 48 dollars and some change at gamestope at 350 baseline rd mesa az for call of duty. I went in and put...

GameStopHurricane Operating Hours

It is really unfortunate that my significant other is one of two people on the team who haven't evacuated for hurricane Irma yet and because of that- the district leader (who evacuated two days ago) is expecting then to work both Friday and Saturday . They might be even be expected to work open to close on both of those days due to the other team member possibly evacuating . I am also a store manager at another retailer and my company is also based out of Texas where we were just hit pretty hard by hurricane Harvey and it is really hard to believe that after that catastrophe-- GameStop is seriously expecting store leaders to pick up that slack. It puts our household in a position where we have not been able to get gas, food or water for our family and now with being required to be open both Friday and Saturday, I feel like the ones who did not choose to evacuate are being penalized.

Let your people be prepared.
                            Even stores in Miami are still open on Saturday? Is that a joke? This hurricane is supposed to directly hit the East Coast of Florida and I honestly cannot believe that GameStop is not on the side of safety right now. I am at a loss for words.

RESOLVED

GameStoponline order destiny 2 collector's edition

I ordered the Destiny 2 collector's edition for ps4 5 months ago when GameStop had sold out of the original collector's edition and only had it conveniently as a bundle that cost 30 dollars more than the original steep price of $250. Putting that aside, I called the store a month ago to make sure I was getting the game same day as release. Yesterday I called again before going to work to double check and waited for 30+ minutes to talk with someone. Both times I was assured that I would be getting my game today!
                              So what happens today 9/6/17, I wait and wait. The collector's edition never came in, and I get a follow up email that my game is coming tomorrow 9/7/17
                              I paid extra for shipping and handling, I made my day available today to play it, and I'm not getting it today. What's worse is that I called GameStop, it took me 55min to talk with someone and they couldn't help me. I asked to talk with a supervisor, and I gave them my number. They told me I was going to get a call within an hour at max. Now it's been over a couple of hours and frustrated out of my mind. So much bad service. Even when I asked if I can cancel the order (cuz if I'm going to wait an extra day to get the game, I might as well go through Amazon and select 1 day shipping AND pay less than I did with GameStop) they said it was too late.
                              They said there was nothing in their power and that the game had to ship first and I would have to go on my own time to return the items. What kind of joke is this company?
                              Sad part, is I almost thought they cared, but I found out they lied. Called UPS to see the status of my order, and GameStop STILL hadn't sent it.
                              What's going on? When I asked GameStop if they could at least give me a code so that I can play today until my shipment comes in, they said there was nothing they could do. It sucks to feel so defeated. I took off work today and had my entire day planned out, now I won't even get to play it today. Instead the game comes tomorrow when I work and have other responsibilities to take care of.
                              I got an email from them that says they screwed up, they'll eventually give me the package, and their sorry was a coupon. A coupon that has been restricted to death, can't be used in store and can't be used on dlc even! There's more to that mess. Anyways.
                              GameStop, why?

GameStopdestiny 2 pre-order

I received an email stating that on 9/5/17 at 9:00 pm my copy of Destiny 2 would be ready for pickup at the 210 Andover Street, Peabody, MA location. I arrived at 9 and was told that my game was there, but I could not pick it up. Apparently the manager wasn't informed about the release time and never got the "OK" from the mall (it's an in-mall location) to extend their business hours. I couldn't pick up my copy at a different location because my "copy is here". So I was basically told to screw and wait till morning (in the nicest way possible). The problem with that is that I had that night planned out with several other people to play the game. They all got their copies from other locations, I missed out simply because of the crappy location I chose to do my pre-order. In my opinion this is unacceptable. Opportunity costs. Why was I not informed that the email was an error? why wasn't the error corrected? I'm a faithful customer, but this incident has my blood boiling. I did upgrade my pre-order to include the season pass when I arrived, so you guys got more of my money and I got absolutely nothing but wasted time a headache. Can this situation be rectified? I've never been so excited for a game, and now, so disappointing in a company. Please make this right! you've ruined a day that I have been looking forward to for quite some time.