Frigidaire Electrolux / refrigerator
My Frigidaire Gallery Series stainless steel refrigerator door is rusting. I have not found anything that takes the rust off. I was told by Frigidaire that because the year warranty had expired there was nothing they could do except refer me to a repair man. I Googled this and I am, by no means, the only person having this problem. I worked as a nanny in a home for several years that had a GE brand stainless steele fridge and the was NEVER even a spot of rust so I don't believe that this is normal or should be expected.
I would also like to add that we purchased an oven at the same time, made by Frigidaire, that also has a rusting problem on the steel door but even worse is that the door handle has come unattatched from the oven several times! In my opinion the screws that secure the handle to the oven are too short to keep it attached. This becomes dangerous because the layers of the door separate and sharp, glass corners are exposed along with very hot surfaces. You also usually lose your dinner because you have to wait a few hours for the oven to completely cool before trying to re-attatch the handle. It is also extremely hard to try and fix and, in the end, the repair does not last very long.
I have been very disapointed with my Frigidaire appliances and will choose a different brand next time.
More Frigidaire Electrolux Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Electrolux Induction Range - e15 error code - cooktop not working 
- Frigidaire - front load washer poorly engineered. 
- Electrolux India - pathetic customer service by electrolux 
- Electrolux Front Loader Washer & Dryer - % year warranty & dryer breaks 1.4 yrs into contract
- Electrolux - Washer & Dryer - rebate scam 
- Frigidaire / Electrolux - the entire gallery series
- Frigidaire / Electrolux - sxs refrigerator model # fghs2631pf4a lot # 00300863
- Frigidaire / Electrolux - gallery fgwc4633ss - undercounter wine fridge
- Frigidaire / Electrolux - ffhb2740ps6a
- Frigidaire / Electrolux - fridge/frigidaire