Frigidaire Refrigeratorout of warranty, no help!

F Review updated:

Just has the control box on the refrigerator (model FR523W3AW5) replaced. From speaking to the repairman this is a very common problem. The repair man said they have has this problem since the model came off the assembly line. The cost was $114.90 plus $75 service charge. I would appreciate if Frigidaire would split the cost with me. The manufacturing date was 4/02 and I was told by Frigidaire that this is out of warranty and they will not help me.

• Valerie Jan 17, 2007

I bought a brand new fridge on 12/22/06. After it was delivered and set up I loaded it with food. After 3 days I noticed it was not working. In the mean time I lost over $300.00 worth of food. Now no one is willing to do anything about it. It was over the holidays. I didn't think I would need to check a brand new appliance.

• Do
    Don Johnson Mar 20, 2007

We purchased a Frigidaire refrigerator on March 12th 2002 and have just been informed that our "warranty" that covers the compressor, etc. (for 5 Years from date of purchase, not delivery date) will not cover the compressor failure on March 14th 2007.

We called the our repair company on March 13th as no "Authorized" Frigidaire repair company was listed in the Cincinnati, Ohio Yellow Pages.

We were told by our excellent, professional, repair company, that it would be best that we call Frigidaire because their repair department was not Frigidaire factory trained, and did not have the necessary parts.

After paying a $94 service + time call we phoned Frigidaire only to find out there was nothing they (Frigidaire) could do as the unit was out of warranty.

I was told that if I disputed their decision, I should go ahead and have it repaired and then they would decide then if my claim ( about $800 parts and labor ) was valid.

Needless to say, we purchased a new, different, more dependable, and trustworthy brand.

• Ca
    carolannahblue Aug 25, 2008

Frigidaire use to be considered a decent, reliable brand of appliance. I purchase a side-by-side Frigidaire in mid 2006. I paid by debit or check but paid the full amount up front. This side by side is already going out. I woke up to everything in my freezer defrosted. These people charge outrageous amounts of money for these appliances and have the nerve to tell me they only come with a 1 year warranty. I cannot believe they can do business like that. Basically they are saying that Frigidaire makes substandard appliances that can only be warrantied for 1 year unless you buy the extended warranty. That is terrible! I cannot believe Frigidaire has become this kind of manufacturer and cannot believe that Western Auto stores purchase their junk and sell it at unbelievably high prices to last one year if you are lucky. Interestingly enough, from everything I have researched, the appliance tend to make it through the 1st year, as a rule, but break down within a few months. So I guess, we public consumer, "Suckers", should be happy if we get our 1000.00 refrigerators to last past the year. Totally appalling! I will not ever purchase another thing from Western Auto stores or another Frigidaire product. Both are substandard in my opinion and you are taking a big risk buying that brand or from that company. The thing is the company you buy from should have more integrity and should tell you if you are making a good choice or not. My guess is they don't care. They take the money and run. Burned and very angry!

• Ni
    Nicole234 Aug 11, 2009

Same story. We purchased our Frigidaire a year and a half ago, just had a problem with the defroster. We got it fixed a few hours after we realized that it was not working as we did not want to waste all the food in the freezer and fridge. We did not use the authorized dealer as their next available appointment was in three days. When I called to ask for help they took all my information and then told me they would not help because I saw an unauthorized dealer. They then said that I could have a authorized repairman come and to diagnose the already fixed problem, spend 95 dollars and then they would consider helping me. So ridiculous.

• Ci
    cimcodog Sep 30, 2009

I had my side by side frigidaire sence 2006 and the first thing happen to my fridge was the door handle falling off and now there is a clicking sound coming from the bottom of the fridge. Sound like a fan motor. They will not do anything for me and this will be the last time I will buy a frigidaire from them.

• Bo
    BOILNG MAD ON THE FRIDGE Aug 23, 2014

same d... thing we should start up a class action suit lets get those signature started !

• 10
    10bless2stress Jan 04, 2016

I've had this refrigerator for two years an not a year later it stop it gt fix under warranty it it stopped again I du have an extended warranty an I've been getting the run around from over 6mths an it still not fixed an I still don't have a refrigerator I can't buying ice no 1 is helping this is the wrost. The wrost service an all some 1 help pls I my refrigerator.. all I herr is I'm sorry but no action

• Su
    susiehomemaker Sep 01, 2018

My husband bought me a Frigidaire Refrigerator on mothers day 2014, since then I have had to replace crisper pan, now both crisper pans and handle broke, this is horrible, first time the company sent a free replacement, should not have to keep replacing these parts, cheaply made, we are on a fixed income and cant afford this, model #FFTR161RWI

• Fr
    Frank68 Sep 01, 2018

Ice maker started leaking 7 months after purchase and was fixed under warranty. Started leaking again, 11 months after repair. Company wants me to buy extended warranty for a product that continually fails year after year. Will never purchase a Electrolux product again.

• Li
    Linda S Bear Oct 21, 2018

My oven outer glass door just exploded. No apparent reason. We heard the noise and turned around and glass was everywhere. Fridigaire model #FEFL79DSK white electric range. Exploded 4/1/2017. Apparently this happens a lot. Why? I cant afford to replace it. Trying to find compatable glass sizes but without luck. Any help out there?

• So
    Sona Adamjan Nov 06, 2018

This is the worst appliance! Your company is a scam! You don't care about your customers! Your product is defective! I will never buy or recommend your company! Do something about your defective touch pad " f11 error" what a waste of $$$$$

• Bu
    Buyers Beware of Frigidaire Dec 10, 2019

In less than a year my microwave had to be repaired 3 times with the same problem. The panel is loose due to the repair tech removing so many times. 1 out of the 3 of the times the tech had to come back in less than 2 days because the fuse blew again... They would not replace my microwave and now that my fuse blew again. Im feel cheated and hurt.

• Wi
    Wintertime Jan 26, 2020

All my shelving broke nothing heavy on them to cause it. I have no shelves left but one. Even the very bottom shelf is cracked and my crispers are holding it up. Cheap plastic holding in shelves.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices