Fedex / they did not scan package, claim it was not sent

United States Review updated:
This is an e-mail I sent today to FedEx:

After many e-mails and phone calls, in which representatives were nasty and said they would not pay any claim, indeed, the last representative we spoke to said because you have no record of the package -- it was not scanned by whoever picked it up! -- that there was no box to scan. We *did* put the box into the drop off box outside the post office on MacDonald Avenue, in Brooklyn. Another theory is that the package was opened because we wrote "do not overheat" on the address label, because it contained chocolate as well as other items, and the contents could have been taken, eaten by your employee(s). One representative responded to this by saying you don't employ thieves, the inference being that we are lying about having sent the package. This is shameful and outrageous on the part of at least two different representatives. When we asked the second rep. for his name, he hung up.

I understand that there may be cameras outside the post office and it is my intention to check and see if there is a visual record to counteract your opinions that we are lying about sending the package.

If we are lying, why would we fill in an address label? I also understand that some new FedEx employees do not scan packages when they're picked up.

As to not employing thieves, well, you employ people and I intend checking various places on the internet to find other people who have lost packages sent by FedEx, and I will add my own experiences wherever and whenever I can, including friends, and various websites and blogs. I have not ruled out small claims court and if, as I believe, there are many others whose packages you have lost, I may initiate a class action suit.

Be advised, also, that we have not yet put in a claim, so all this nastiness is doubly insulting. Given that the amount involved is a mere $30-50 is it likely we would spend all this time trying to get FedEx to acknowledge culpability?
Va

Comments

Ti
  25th of Sep, 2008
Agree Disagree -2 Votes
give me ur e mail and I'll send you $60 to shut your mouth. Get a life or get laid!!!
Yh
  20th of Feb, 2012
I wonder just how many employees fail to scan the packages upon pick up. I put a Fedex envelope full of signed documents in a drop off box on Friday. The box was marked, indicating that pick-up time was 4:30pm. At 6pm that same day, I tracked the package on line. Instead of 1 tracking #, the system showed 2 of the same number. One was dated Jan. 26 and the other Feb. 17 (the date the package was dropped off). Upon clicking on both numbers, neither indicated that the package was picked up. I called Saturday morning and spoke to Fedex rep, Emily. She said that the package is to be delivered on Monday. Here it is Monday, and tracking still doesn't indicate that the package was ever even picked up.

FedEx Corporate Services Logo FedEx Corporate Services