Family Dollar / fraud & cheating!

United States Review updated:
2.5
I purchased one NET10 phone for $30.00 which included 300 free airtime minutes. Subsequent/additional minutes sell at 300 minutes for $30.00. Because I receive many unsolicited phone calls, I returned to Family Dollar to purchase a second phone with a new number. The price had changed and the terms which include the words "300 minute bonus" were unclear. When I inquired, the salesclerk assured me that the 300 free minutes would automatically be added to my phone as soon as I activated it. WRONG! NET10 only gave me 10 minutes. When I tried to return the phone to Family Dollar less than 24 hours later, the manager (Locust Street store in Terre Haute Indiana) said sue us, it will cost much more for a lawyer than what you lost. I e-mailed Dollar General headquarters but received no response. They, under the circumstances just described, are no better than thieves.

Comments

Br
  24th of Mar, 2009
Uhhmm, Try contacting Family Dollar headquarters Dollar General is a different company & BTW just ask for the district manager's phone # next time they usually solve these issues.
Xi
  21st of Aug, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
You can't expect an employee to know everything about every product they sell in the store. That's not in their job description. Could you imagine someone wasting precious braincells learning crap like that? Family Dollar's employees are slaves. Why should they care about your stupid little phone? Go to Radio Shack. You get what you pay for.
Pr
  27th of Mar, 2011
Don't blame Family Dollar, Dollar General, or whoever it is you bought from, for the problems with which trac and its subsidiaries are ripe. Just search for trac, straight talk, or net10 on this site and you'll find an abundance of complaints. They can't all be wrong.

Family Dollar Stores Logo Family Dollar Stores