Expedia / refund policy

MD, United States
I changed in my Hotel reservation over a week before traveling to Kinsale, Ireland -- to delay my arrival from 29Sep to 02Oct08 -- as required by your cancellation policy. The confirmation #123467 was not reflected in the travel itinerary sent to my email 6 days before my new departure. I immediately responded by email on 25Sep that the itinerary information was wrong and that I had to postpone my arrive until 02Oct08.

All other attempts to obtain clear contractual information have not provided any indication that would alter your existing refund policy following 72 hours notice. Instead, the only information I received was after it was too late to change. Such as no breakfast would be included because of expedia prepayment and, when my normal reservation ended on 09Oct08, that I had to call expedia to confirm my stay had ended because expedia had extended my dates rather than provide the add-on rate normally used by the hotel. These latent revelations became impossible to resolve because the 800-expedia number was not functional from Ireland. Hotel assurances that my abbreviated hotel stay could be confirmed by a later call to expedia have been dishonored.

Expedia Logo Expedia