Enterprise Rent-A-Car / toll violation and $15 admin fee b/c no one returns phone call

Seems like this is a common complaint and I'm hoping this grabs the attention of an Enterprise representative like some other posts I've seen. Long story short, I was conducting business out of state and I wasn't used to paying tolls and happened to pass (2) $.40 tolls. So, after spending countless time finding out where and how to pay these IL state tolls, I went on the Illinois Toll way website THE DAY OF THE INCIDENT and paid the whopping $.80. I have confirmation emails from the Illinois Toll way and everything. This was back in September by the way. Fast forward to beginning of January...I get this Enterprise letter stating THEY paid the tolls and THEY are going to charge me $15 as an admin fee if I don't reach them within 15 days. Here's the problem...NO ONE ANSWERS THE PHONE. The only contact info on this letter is a number that goes straight into a voicemail of some sort. Extremely disappointed with this service and I've been using Enterprise for years. I'm a very busy traveling professional and tracking down someone is the very last thing I want to do. Unless someone resolves this issue I will never be using them again and I will pass this experience along to others I come in contact with…

Jq

Comments

• Te
      23rd of Dec, 2007
    Enterprise Rental - TENESAWILLIAMS
    ENTERPRISERENTAL
    Wentzville
    Missouri
    Phone: 314-698-6376

I NEEDED A CAR BECAUSE MINES WAS DOWN THEIR WAS A VERY SPEICAL PERSON THAT HELPED ME THOUGH MY NEEDS WELL THINGS BUILD UP I HAD SPENT OVER 2000 GRAND WITH THEM THEY CAME AND RECOVERED THE CAR SENT MY ACCOUNT TO COLLECTIONS THEN AT CHRISTMAS TIME START CHARGING MY CARD THE REP WAS DISPESPECTFUL DID NOT GIVE ME A NUMBER TO THE BIG OFFICE SO MY MONEY IS NOT FOR MY CHILDREN THEY ALSO TOLD MY STATED THAT IT WAS FOR A NEW RENTAL WHY WOULD GET A NEW RENTAL IF I DID NOT PAY THE FIRST ONE OFF

• El
      17th of Jan, 2008

Go take an English course at your local adult ed center before you write EVER again.

• Le
      11th of Sep, 2010
    Enterprise Rent-A-Car - Thieves
    Enterprise Rent-a-Car

I was in an accident where I was rear ended and proven to be not at fault. The insurance company USAA and Enterprise both stated that I would not be charged for the rental car I received. I, of course, was then charged over 83 dollars and it will not be reversed for unknown reasons.

• G1
      22nd of Aug, 2011
    Enterprise Rent-A-Car - OVER CHG, 2 INS, COVERAGES
    COMPANY OF BOSTON,LLC
    12 MANCHESTER RD,NH,030363007
    DERRY NH
    New Hampshire
    Phone: 1-603-434-4210

SOLD ME EXTRA INS. WHEN I HAD FULL COVERAGE FROM ALL STATE INS. THEY SHOULD HAVE INFORMED ME OF MY OPTIONS, INSTEAD TO ABOUT TUNE 1500 DOLLARS LATER.BEING ON FIXED INCOME AND BEING 75 YRS OLD, I WAS IN SHOCK, I HAVE A LOT MORE I WOULD LIKE TO SAY BAOUT THAT COMP. I WOULD NEVER GO BACK, I WOULD NEVER RECOMEND IT TO ANYONE . GGTIMM@ YAHOO.COM

22nd of Aug, 2011

We are listening and regret that you've had this experience. I would like to look into this further for you. Please email care[at]enterprise.com with your contact information, rental agreement number, location (street/city/state) of the rental office, and any further details of the incident. When emailing, please use "Incident 110822-002452" as the subject so we can connect your email to your case file. (Rich)

17th of Jan, 2012

We regret you had this experience and I'd like to look into this matter. Please email care@enterprise.com with your full name, contact information, the renting location, and any other details.

When emailing please list reference #120117-000002 in the subject line.

-Amanda

• Na
      7th of Feb, 2012

I, also, am in the same situation. My toll was paid and I received a letter almost two months later claiming that THEY paid it. Enterprise mailed it to my previous address, which really set me off because my license at the time of rental reflected that address. When I gave them my utility bill, in order to use a debit card; I was met with a sharp, "Yeah, this doesn't match your address on the license so either you can move your reservation to tomorrow (the day my family was celebrating Christmas) or you can go to the DMV to get a new license." Mind you, when I made the reservation I was told nothing of my current license needing to match my utility bill, the sales guy claimed otherwise. I went to the DMV, got a brand new license with my current address and all was well. One would think that since I had to go to all of that trouble they would update their records. Now, due to the fact that Enterprise failed to update their records (even though my contract was issued to my CURRENT address) - I am stuck with a $15 charge. I also think it's so convenient that the letter was dated 1/25/12 and it states that my card will be charged 15 days after the letter issue...because they, once again, FAILED to send it to the correct address, I received the letter 12 days after the issue date; leaving me with 3 days until the charge. I will literally NEVER USE ENTERPRISE again, this was the worst experience and receiving this letter just confirmed it.

7th of Feb, 2012

We're listening and happy to look into your situation. Please email care[at]enterprise.com with your contact information, the renting locaiton, and any other details.

When emailing please list reference # 120206-003456 in the subject line.

Amanda
    Enterprise- Rent-A-Car

• Dh
      17th of Jun, 2012

I am in a similar situation. I was informed by the toll booth agent to retain the unpaid toll ticket (which I still have). Enterprise sent the letter to my old address which I received it after my card was charged. I tried calling the number on the letter but to no avail. I understand its my fault but I do have the ticket as informed and paying anything more than the ticket toll seems exaggerated (especially when the toll charge is less then a dollar but the bill I owe is $23). I have been loyal with enterprise; love their service, their promptness and their promised PICK UP service. This experience surely puts a dent in the impression. Unsatisfied.

17th of Jun, 2012

Hi, We want to have a chance to address this! Please email us the at care[at]enterprise.com with your name, contact information, Rental agreement number, and citation number. We will be happy to look into this for you!

When emailing please list 120617-001579 in the subject line

• Am
      20th of Jun, 2012

Hi, last month I hired a car from Enterprise and went to chicago. I paid almost all of the tolls but since this was my first trip so I missed 1-2 tolls of $0.75 amount. Recently I received a letter from enterprise about charing me $15.75 for paying the bills.
    I am not sure why enterprise directly paid the toll without informing me about my pending toll payments. They would have informed me about this and I would have directly paid to Chicago toll office.
    I have checked with Chicago toll office people and come to know that enterprise could have contacted you before paying even. Moreover, I have to come know that 3 tolls are exempted in a 24 months timeframe. I have 2 tolls to be paid and that can be exempted as by law of 24 months exemption.
    I am regularly contacting enterprise but no response.

20th of Jun, 2012

Amii, We want to have a chance to address this! Please email us the at care[at]enterprise.com with your name, contact information, Rental agreement number, and citation number. We will be happy to look into this for you!

When emailing please list 120620-002632 in the subject line

• Sc
      21st of Jun, 2012

Like some previous complaints we traveled to Chicago in an Enterprise car. We payed 5 or 6 tolls but we did miss one $.95 toll by going through the I-pass lane. We recently received a bill for $15.95 from Enterprise. Per the Illinois tollway website, nothing will happen until you miss 3 tolls in a 2 year period.

We are trying to figure out why a $15 fee is charged when Enterprise's office is in Lombard while the Illinois Tollway Association's office is in Downers Grove. We would be happy to pay the $.95 but were never given a chance by Enterprise. What is the point of a number to call if no one is ever there?

21st of Jun, 2012

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We would like to look into this further. Please email care[at]enterprise.com with your full name, the exact rental location and the rental agreement number, along with any other details that will help us

When emailing, please list reference # 120621-002831 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you so we can help!

Suejan

• Mw
      27th of Jun, 2012

I also have the same situation and am horrified by this level of poor customer service. I had a rental car from Enterprise last month only because someone else hit my car and it had to be repaired and their insurance company sent me there. First, the charged my credit card an 'upgrade fee' WITHOUT notifying me because they said that the other person's insurance company would only cover a portion of the rental. I did NOT ask for an upgrade and should have been told of this at the time of service. THEN, a month later I receive the toll violation invoice in the mail for a $.45 toll with a $15 administration fee! I had my toll pass in the car at the time of rental (I actually left it in the car and had to go back and pick it up so that proves that it was in the car). I have no idea how a violation cold have occurred, but I would have been more than happy to have authorized the toll charge with the state to pay it on my account. I think this is horrible customer service and I will Never use Enterprise again! I called the number on the invoice several times and no on answers or calls back. I called my local Enterprise Office and they told me that they cannot help me, it is a corporate issue. Again, I WOULD recommend NOT using them for rental car service. I am truly disappointed and disgusted with this service.

27th of Jun, 2012

MWRB, thank you for voicing your concerns. We have received your email and will be in touch shortly.

• Ar
      9th of Jul, 2012

I had a recent toll violation of 1 toll out of 5 different uses and I have a fine for $15.95. They should have contacted me about the fine before paying it on my behalf as per law. These guys seem to be sharks preying on people like us waiting to miss tolls, pity their business model to rip people off. NEVER AGAIN will I ever go with Enterprise.

• Hr
      10th of Jul, 2012

Hi, I am also in the same situation as above people and being charged 15$ fees for a toll violation (0.75$) in illinois . I have been trying to call the number given on the letter but no one picks up. can you please give me a number to call so i can sort this out. thanks

10th of Jul, 2012

AravindB, we would like to look into this further. Please email care[at]enterprise.com with your full name, the exact rental location and the rental agreement number, along with any other details.

When emailing, please list reference #120710-001337 in the subject line.

10th of Jul, 2012

hrama, we would like to look into this further. Please email care[at]enterprise.com with your full name, the exact rental location and the rental agreement number, along with any other details.

When emailing, please list reference #120710-001342 in the subject line.