Enterprise Rent-A-Car / horrible customer service

I had never rented a car before and wasn't familiar with the process. I feel I was taken advantage of because of my inexperience. They didn't even walk me TO the car, much less around it to look for damage. I never signed saying I agreed to the condition of the car beforehand and now they're trying to charge me for scratches on the underside of the bumper. This never happened while I was driving, and I was the only one that drove the car. No one I have talked to will listen to my complaint. Sometimes they're even rude. They'll only say, "You have two options: 1) you can pay us now, or 2) we can send this to a collection agency". They also claimed that I WAS taken for a walk-around, which is an outright lie. No one I have dealt with has taken me seriously, but I am not letting this go. I know customer service- I've worked in the industry for years- and this is some of the worst customer service imaginable. All of their arguments are irrational and insubstantial, and they WILL NOT listen to my very legitimate and rational complaint, nor the plain fact that I never signed the portion of the contract agreeing to the condition of the car beforehand. I will never use Enterprise again.

D  26th of Feb, 2010 by
do you have your copy of the contract? they check the past 3 contracts to determine if that issue has been noted before...
N  9th of Aug, 2010 by
The other thing you could do is take it up with corporate. Call the 800 number and file a complaint.

Enterprise Holdings Logo Enterprise Holdings