[Resolved] Enterprise Holdings / enterprise allowed someone to rent a car with my drivers license number when I was in another state!

1 Nashville, TN, United States

On Christmas Eve I went to pick up my reserved Enterprise rental car in Chicago to drive and meet my family for Christmas and Church. When they asked for my drivers liscence they ran the number and said I could not have the car as there was money owed for a rental in Nashville in June. I explained I did not rent a car in June. They ran the report and saw a woman rented a car there and somehow they used my address and drivers liscence number. I am a man!!! They rented a car to a woman, used my identity and then caused me to miss Christmas with my family. I called the office in Nashville which they identified as the branch that committed the fraud. I was told they would look into it and call me right back. They never called back. I recalled them and spoke to the manager who repeatedly said they didn't have a reservation under my name. I explained it was because they rebted it to someone else using my liscence but she wouldn't listen and denied it was their fault. I explained she was acting as an agent of Enterprise and corporate had identified them as creating the issue. She said she would check into it and call back for which she has not.

In summary. Enterprise fraudulently rented a car to someone else using my drivers liscence number and address, held me responsible for charges and liability of the vechicle, caused me to miss Christmas and Church with my family, and lastly incur significant cost of last minute holiday travel.

• Resolution statement

• Enterprise Holdings Customer Care's Response, Jan 03, 2019

Matrix22, . I assure you that it's never our intention to inconvenience our customers. We would like to speak with you further. Please email [protected]@mailca.custhelp.com with your contact information, exact rental office location, rental contract information and the details above so we can address this. Thank you. – Carol H.

Ma