Enterprise Car Rental / surprising bill
Be sure you check the windshields and all other windows before and after renting a car. We received a surprising bill from enterprise and a very dissatisfying handling and answer from enterprise employees.
On may 5th we rented a car as we had to drop off our car for call-in maintenance. The rental car we got had many marks and dents around the body. We wrote them all out on the rental agreement. Unfortunately we did not check the windshields. We also did not notice the enterprise employee checking the windshields either. While driving with the car my wife and I did not notice any sort of damages that we could have incurred. When returning the rental car no enterprise employee was available to receive the car. We left the car with the dealership. Some days after returning the rental car we receive a satisfaction survey call. We answered as we felt at that time. The next day following the call we receive a letter in the mail with a bill of $45 for fixing a chip in the windshield. No pre warning call from enterprise after they have found a problem. No call back from enterprise leaving them a voice message asking to explain the bill. So we drove back to the rental shop. Talking to enterprise employee in person (Assistant shop manager) they were not able to prove to us, that the problem did not exist before we got the car. They could not show us an evidence of the problem (Pictures taken).
We feel this is a very bad complaint handling. It is very unprofessional to ask for a satisfaction opinion and after that sending a bill. We will pay the bill as we do not want bad records on our credit reports. We will certainly never rent any car from enterprise anymore.
More Enterprise Car Rental Complaints & Reviews
- Enterprise Rent A Car - deposit refund 
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car - toll violation and $15 admin fee b/c no one returns phone call 
- Enterprise Rent A Car - misleading, smoking policy, pick up,& drop off time 
- Enterprise Rent A Car - we'll pick you up-not drop you off 
- [Resolved] Enterprise Rent A Car - false damage claim 
- Enterprise Holdings - enterprise west new york, nj
- Enterprise Rental Car - Deposit refund
- Enterprise Holdings - car rental hail damage incorrectly assessed and unfounded claims process initiated
- Enterprise Holdings - enterprise allowed someone to rent a car with my drivers license number when I was in another state!
- Enterprise Holdings - pompano beach north federal - abuse of position to harass and confrontational threats