[Resolved] Empire Today Flooring / laminated flooring.

1 United States

Purchased and Installed laminated flooring for Living/Dining rooms in late summer of 2016; by winter of 2017 I noticed that some boards were separating. Contacted Empire after the Christmas holidays and they agreed to send installers out to fix, which they eventually did. However, within another couple of months there were more separations. Empire sent inspectors out on three different occasions to inspect the flooring and repair if possible: two the first time, one the second time, and 2 more the third time. Unfortunately, after their inspections they all said the problem was more than they could do at the time and told me that Empire would be calling me after they submit their reports. Empire informed me that someone on a higher level would have to come out to inspect the floors, which he did. The results lead Empire to put a claim in with the manufacturer, which was just denied last Friday. I was not given any reason by Empire, not told the contents of any the inspection reports and not given any other options for a resolution other than it's now a "customer cost" problem. Empire didn't not provide me with any information that could help me move forward to a resolution; they didn't even agreed to come out and at least close the separations like they did on the very first visit; nor did they tell me what was causing these separations or offer some kind of financial considerations. I asked for a copy of the reports, the last one that was done by Empire and the one after that, which was done by the manufacturer, which is Mohawk. No response to that request yet. All of the Inspectors told pictures of these separations and I'm sure as inspectors, they should have provided recommendations for resolution even it they couldn't determine (or just refused to say) what was causing these separations. My thoughts are none of them wanted to blame the company who contracted them to do the work; therefore, I was just put out in the cold to keep Empire and Mohawk from taking or admitting any wrongdoing. As a customer, who really liked my flooring when it was installed and paid for it in full before the given time period, I feel I'm entitled to be treated better than I've been with this process.

• Resolution statement

• Empire Today Customer Care's Response, May 31, 2018

Dear Customer,
    We understand your frustration, and regret to hear about your flooring concerns. We'd like to know more, but are unable to locate your account. Please email us at customersupport@empire-today.com with both your concerns and contact information. Be sure to mention Complaints Board in the subject line.
    Thank you.