Menu
Provenza Floors Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Provenza Floors
reviews & complaints

www.provenzafloors.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.7 6 Reviews

Provenza Floors Complaints Summary

1 Resolved
5 Unresolved
Our verdict: With Provenza Floors's very poor resolution rate, careful consideration is needed. Research their service comprehensively, and read up on how they handle customer disputes. If you face issues, be prepared for potential challenges in obtaining resolutions and explore other service providers as backups.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Provenza Floors has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Provenza Floors. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

Provenza Floors reviews & complaints 6

Filter reviews by rating
Sort by:

Newest Provenza Floors reviews & complaints

12:34 am EDT

Provenza Floors Finish failure on engineered hardwood

Two to 3 months after having Provenza Affinity engineered hardwood installed, areas of the floor finish started peeling/flaking off. We did not immediately complain because my husband was not eager to go through the tearing out and replacing of the floors like we had just done if that turned out to be necessary. I stained the damaged areas for awhile, but eventually the problem spread throughout the house and the affected areas became larger and extreme. The company we purchased the flooring from and installed it said they had not seen anything like it and agreed that it was a mfr flooring finish problem. Provenza hired a yes man to come and test the floors. He did minimal testing and concluded that although the temperature and the humidity levels were perfect and within Provenza's allowable range, that for AZ the humidity levels were high for a house without a humidifier. He said this after noting that it was raining outside and our windows were open, which is a natural humidifier. He therefore claimed we had a moisture problem. If the numbers were within the acceptable range... how could the alleged moisture be damaging the floor solely because we did not have a humidifier? So essentially he was saying if we had a humidifier and and the humidity and temp levels read the same as they did without one, it would not have damaged the floor, but without one it would cause moisture damage. Illogical! Based on this conclusion, Provenza refused responsibility and blamed us. The floors have a 25 year warranty and 2 years in they are not honoring it. We hired another company who did more extensive testing. He found no moisture under the floor or in the wood, or in the air. Said all was as it should be in the environment. He also had uninstalled boards sent to a lab and an ASTM test was applied to them. This tests for finish failure. The floors were rated 2B which is a 15-35% finish failure and it is manufacturer's defect. Provenza stated that 2B was "borderline", so their standards for their product is low. They again refused and stated if we "found" where the alleged moisture problem was coming from, they would refinish the floors and replace some of the planks. Since there was no moisture it was a bogus offer. After more communication, they offered to refinish the floors without the condition that we find moisture, but we have 3 concerns that thus far they have failed to address. One is will there still be a warranty on the floor and if so will you honor it? And the other is if they accept 15-35% loss of floor finish as borderline, how can I expect the refinishing to be done correctly? And last, this is engineered hardwood. If you are stripping it down when it is only 2 years old, how long is this floor going to last? I would NEVER do business with this company and giving any who consider it a heads up to steer clear. If there is not acceptable resolution soon, we will find an attorney. Also not that if the statute of limitations has not expired, in AZ and likely other states, you can file a complaint against the company you purchased it from with the ROC to seek remedy. We waited too long unfortunately.

Read full review of Provenza Floors and 1 comment
Update by ASTM123
Feb 21, 2024 12:21 am EST

Hi!

Keep fighting. They are in the wrong and state laws, UCC codes on warranties, as well as the federal Magnuson-Moss Warranty and other all back those who have dealt with breach of warranty. Since I posted they made an offer to remove the failed boards (99 of them) "screen" the floor and add a new finish, but we refused since it does not remove the failing surface beneath and any new finish will pull away as the floor continues to fail. Also in their warranty they do not guarantee replaced flooring will match. So can you imagine 99 boards that don't match the rest of the floor? They then offered a choice between replacing the floor with more of the same product or accepting a cash offer for less than it would cost to replace, plus the money we had to spend on an inspector. Tired of dealing with them we opted to take the cash offer (def don't want their problematic floor replaced with the same) however the contract they sent was not what they offered and full of unacceptable stipulations. Can't reveal our plans at this point, but their failure to stand behind their warranty is unacceptable.

1 comment
K
K
KSalvati
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, US
Jan 17, 2024 8:33 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

We’re in FL and having the same issue - so is our neighbor. We bought spec homes so we didn’t chose the floors, the builder did. The builder actually stopped using it after our homes so the remaining 13 homes have a different product. Where are you now with the complaint ? Have you taken it any further ?

Author of the review

Hi!

T
12:43 pm EST

Provenza Floors Provenza Affinity Liberation

We've had these floors in our new-construction home for just over two months now and any kind of object being dropped on them causes a dent. They are very soft and almost cave in on themselves. We've also had too many to count areas where pieces of wood--long splinters--come up. Whenever I am wearing socks I can feel the pieces of wood and splinters catching on my socks. We have a whole-home humidifier installed in our HVAC so that is not the issue. Our rep came out and filled the spots with putty, but there are still so many areas like this. It's almost like they haven't been polyed.

Desired outcome: Someone to re-poly our floors or give us ideas on how to have this stop happening.

Read full review of Provenza Floors and 2 comments
Update by Tarmolly
Feb 03, 2024 9:10 am EST

Did you end up having any problems?

Update by Tarmolly
Feb 03, 2024 9:08 am EST

Lindsey I didn't see this! Yes I can send pictures. Note: We haven't had any finish issues, like peeling. Just the splinters of wood coming up here and there.

View 0 more photos
2 comments
StaceyMT
Feb 02, 2024 10:10 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I’m glad I read these reviews. I almost bought this floor for our new home!

L
L
Lindsey Uttech
Aug 10, 2022 2:22 pm EDT

Hey there - do you have any pictures you can post? We just ordered this for our new construction home and now I'm worried. Thanks!

4:06 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Provenza Floors Provenza AFFINITY Pro 2309 Silhouette Oak 1/2" Engineered wood flooring

I am a professional wood floor finisher who was contacted by a builder who recently purchased and installed above Provenza wood flooring in a home they built and are about to sell. The builder requested I add clear finish to the floor to improve the appearance ahead of open house to sell the home.

I refinish prefinished wood floors like Provenza's all the time and know from experience that every floor manufacturer I have contacted requires "Bona Traffic" ($150/gallon will less coverage than Bona's less expensive wood finishes because it is thicker) as a refinish product in order to not void any manufacturer warranties regarding the the wood floor product finish.

I requested the Builder contact Provenza and ask what finish I should use to not void the Provenza 25 year finish warranty. The builder was informed by Provenza that the 25 year finish warranty and other lifetime warranties associated with this product are valid for only the original purchaser of the floor product and not transferrable to anyone else including to whoever they sell their home to.

I have forwarded the facebook class action Group link to the builder and they will become part of that class action lawsuit suing for lost profit from not being able to pass along the 25 year finish warranty Provenza to the buyers of their home. When I spoke to Provenza, they were emphatic this policy is made very clear on their website. So obviously any builder should avoid their products.

WARNING to Builders and Home Flippers DO NOT USE PROVENZA PRODUCTS in your construction and remodel projects.

Desired outcome: Provenza deserves to pay significant financial penalties for falsely advertising meaningless warranties that are not transferrable to builder's home sales.

Read full review of Provenza Floors
Hide full review

Is Provenza Floors legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Provenza Floors as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 16% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Provenza Floors stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Provenza Floors should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Provenza Floors earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Provenza Floors achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Provenza Floors. The company provides a physical address, 2 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as social media account. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Provenza Floors has claimed the domain name for provenzafloors.com for a long time, which suggests that the website is established and has a history of being in operation. This is a positive sign, as it indicates that the website has been around for a while and may have a reputation to maintain.

Provenzafloors.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Provenza Floors website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Provenzafloors.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

The Provenza Floors website has a cookie consent banner indicating the use of cookies for data collection. Reviewing the privacy policy and terms of use is crucial to understanding how the data is used and ensuring compliance with regulations.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While Provenza Floors has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 16% of 6 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • Provenza Floors protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
  • The website belonging to Provenza Floors has a low number of visitors, which could be a red flag for users. However, it's important to conduct additional research to fully evaluate the website's legitimacy and trustworthiness.
8:24 pm EST

Provenza Floors provenza hardwood antico - relic matte

About year and a half ago, we purchased our new (build) home from Toll Brothers. At their design center, we selected this flooring... with great hesitation. We knew we wanted flooring that was, or appeared to be, light-colored distressed wood. We were even considering laminate/vinyl flooring that looked like wood. We knew we didn't want tile because we didn't want to have to deal with dirty grout. We soon learned that Provenza Antico was the only thing the design center offered, that was even close to what we were looking for.

DO NOT PURCHASE THIS FLOORING! This was the worst flooring we could have chosen. The flooring is 1.5 years used now, and it looks just horrible. Even a couple months after moving in, we could start seeing damage. A worker came in to fix something and dropped a small tool - large dent. We dropped a small pan - large dent and chip. We had a large dinner party - scratches all over from our guests shoes. There is actually an area, in a slightly used room, where the flooring actually has a layer chipped off, with white showing through. I don't know what caused this damage, but it almost looks like paint chipped off. (Image included) I am not exaggerating when I say that about 90% of our flooring is scratched. I decided quite a while ago to stop being so anal about keeping this floor looking good. I can see from other reviews that even being super careful, this flooring will still get damaged.

We've had Toll Brothers contractor come out to replace a couple planks because they were bunching up together and bulging up. There are other areas where the planks are separating and creating very visible spaces. (We keep the temperature in our home very consistent.)

Like others have commented... $20k down the drain. A complete waste of money. No company should be selling and installing this product. This flooring is not life-proof.

Read full review of Provenza Floors and 1 comment

E
E
Errol Cruz
Nov 13, 2019 12:39 am EST

You can not buy a Toyota Van and expect to drive as fast as Ferrari.
What you bought is Hevaia wood, one of the softest species, and you buy it for the look, not scratch and dent. it's already heavily distressed so the more dents it gets more beautiful and rustic will look.

Author of the review
Psykopup
Nov 13, 2019 1:53 am EST
Replying to comment of Errol Cruz

Then perhaps said Toyota Van shouldn't cost as much as said Ferrari, and it should be explained to the potential customer that the van will not perform like the Ferrari. I expected, for the money we paid, we would have been given more details on the product we were being sold, especially with all the complaints and especially with our family lifestyle we communicated to the salesperson.

R
11:05 pm EST

Provenza Floors Product

We were building a custom home, wanted beautiful hardwood flooring through out, except guests rooms, trusted the company who was doing all the tile work in the house. They have been in business since 1975. The owner helped me with all my requests for quality products. I wanted solid hardwood flooring, he talked me into buying Provenza engineered hardwood flooring..telling me how wonderful the quality of this company was. The floors took our breath away when we saw them completed in our new home..we were happy then.
We are a family who is very careful with everything in our home...no shoes, no dogs, area rugs, furniture pads on all furniture that touches the wood floors. The floors became sun bleached where ever there is a door or a window, scratches at the drop of a needle, splinters on the edges of the planks that peel right off. Our floors are dark Georgian Brown Walnut, tried to locate them on their website..could not find. My floors have been down 2 years. Did not know there was a complaint website to go to or I would have complained 18 months ago.
I realize from reading all the complaints on this flooring that my complaint will probably go unnoticed however I feel better letting others know that I too am very unhappy with the product and the company that sold it to me..I trusted this man to sell me a quality product. Do not have the $10, 000.00 to replace them and now the cost would be even more.

Read full review of Provenza Floors
F
4:34 pm EST
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Provenza Floors - Quality

When my wife and i selected the provenza classico hardwood for our new home, we were never told just how soft the top layer of wood was. We quickly realized when we accidently made some small dents by dropping some small objects. We were always careful with the floor but after one year we have come to realize that this flooring is not a practical choice for...

Read full review of Provenza Floors and 26 comments
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Provenza Floors contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Provenza Floors?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Provenza Floors Customer Service. Initial Provenza Floors complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Provenza Floors above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Provenza Floors. Discuss the issues you have had with Provenza Floors and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.