Empire Today / flooring-cancelled and won't refund deposit

1 Northlake Il, United States

We met with a sales rep on August 29 to set uo installation of vinyl plank and carpet. We had previously met with her and chosen what we wanted and then she left for a vacation. When she came out on the 29th she brought in samples and was ready to set up installation. The samples were not what we had chosen previously but much lower grade materials. My husband pointes that out and we again chose materials. She was given a check foe $6, 300 that was called in and immediately transferred to Empire. I have my account set to give me an alert when amounts over a set amount run through my axcount I received the alert while she was sitting next to me. I eas given the check back. Installation on the vinyl plank was to start the next morning. The 1 installation guy showed up and immediately took a level around our house telling my husband that we had foundation issues and he would have to collect more money to fix them. He also proceeded to inform my husband that he couldn't start until the house was completely empty and that he didn't ove things. This was all opposite of what the sales rep had told us! My husband told him to wait while he called our sales rep and he proceeded to tell my husband he couldn't wait for that. That told us something was not right so we called the sales rep and cancelled. I called Empire the next morning to make sure it was cancelled. We were told to expect a refund in 10-15 business days. We have called numerous times and have been told multiple stories, hung up on, and basically lied to. Today is the 18th business day and 28th calendar days. We want our money back.

• Empire Today Customer Care's Response, Sep 27, 2018

Elizabeth, we understand your frustration and sincerely apologize. We'll be in touch with you shortly to discuss the status of your refund. Thank you for your patience.

El