[Resolved] Empire Today - Empire Flooring / terrible experience

United States Review updated:

Today was the second time that I had a scheduled appointment with Empire Today AND the second time that I was stood up without so much as a courtesy call. We're building a home so we are in need of flooring for the entire house. This would have been a huge sale for Empire Today. I'm pleased to say that it WILL NOT be a sale for them and that their competitor will reap the benefits of Empire's lack of courtesy and poor, poor customer service.

When I made the appointment I told the agent that this was new construction and therefore my home phone number is not at the location. I gave them two cell-phone numbers to use instead. I also asked that the salesman call us on one of the cell #'s 30 minutes prior to arriving.

I called Empire Today as instructed at the beginning of the two-hour time frame on the day of the appointment to determine when the salesman would arrive. I then drove out to our building site to meet him. Approximately 1/2 way into the appointment time, he called my home (again NOT where we needed him to call) and told my daughter that he was on his way. 45 minutes later he hadn't arrived so I called him on his cell (got the number from my daughter on our home's caller ID). The salesman had the gall to tell me that he needed better directions so he turned around and went home. He then asked when a better time to reschedule would be. Since this was a second chance for this so-called business, I informed him that there wasn't a better time and hung up.

When I called the 800# for Empire Today to tell them what happened. I was told that they would make the report and that we would hear from the sales manager within 3 business days. Yeah, right! NOT!!! I want nothing to do with a company that stands up their customers without so much as a call.

I beg you not to let them waste your time as they obviously make a habit of wasting peoples time.

Resolution statement

Empire Today Customer Care's Response, Oct 09, 2012
We’re disappointed to know of the problems that occurred with your friend’s installation. We can assure you that we are committed to providing our customers with world-class service and working with them until they are satisfied. We would very much like to speak to you and your friend about any concerns that you may have. Please contact us at 888-588-2315 x4195 or customersupport@emprietoday.com. Thank you. Rebekah Clerk, National Customer Service Manager
Va

Comments

Le
  28th of Mar, 2009
Consider yourself very lucky they never came out. They are some of the largest scammers out there.
Jd
  1st of Oct, 2012
I had carpet installed in 4 rooms. I had a good experience with my installation...
Now comes the complaint, I made the terrible mistake of refering EMPIRE to a friend.
My friend wanted wood flooring installed in two rooms. When the installers came to do the installation they never called prior to notify that they were on their way. They attempted to do a quick switch of the flooring that was agreed apon at the time of sale with a cheap brand. Lucky my friend was there to call them on their SCAM and put a stop to all work. When he tried to explain the situation the next day to the customer service person he received nothing but excuses and out and out lies. He demanded his money be returned immediatly and has no intention of being SCAMMED by EMPIRE . Also dont let your sales person tell you that their installers are exclusive to Empire because they are not. They hire any "JOHNNY COME LATELY" that they can get to do their work. Had I known this, I would not have them working in my home, and will not do any future buisness with them. Disappointed and feeling deceived. I wonder if I really got what I paid for. Guess its to late for me. Dont get ripped off by EMPIRE.

Empire Today Logo Empire Today