Empire Today / carpet/flooring repair service

1 Baltimore, MD, United States

I have an Empire Today tile floor (not under warranty) that needs repair. I would not have chosen ET however the tile that was originally installed is a non-standard 13" size that other companies do not carry. Other companies won't repair this flooring.

Empire Today (says they do free estimates) came and did an estimate for which I was charged $150. It had to be a cash payment and could not be added to my Empire Today account (I also had new carpeting installed). This is rather annoying.

So, I paid the man $150 to look at my floor (which seemed quite overpriced). He told me that someone from Empire Today customer service would contact me with information about the repair estimate. Nobody has called me -- repeat NO ONE HAS CALLED. I have called Empire Today twice and have been unable to get any information.

I am extremely dissatisfied with Empire Today and their version of customer service (disservice is a more appropriate word). My plan, at this point, is to make my complaint about this overly large, uncaring, money-oriented only company, widely known to all my friends and associates.

Thank you for nothing Empire Today.

• Empire Today Customer Care's Response, Jul 02, 2018

Robert,
    We regret to hear that your tile floor is not meeting your expectations. We've located your account, and we'll be in touch with you shortly to start working on a resolution.
    Thank you.

• Updated by Robert P Williams, Jul 03, 2018

Charles (who said he was a serpise monager) accomplished nothing but making me angry. He refused to listen to my complaint about the lack of return calls and the total lack of direct answering my repeated calls. I believe chaslrs has a complete lack of customer service skills. I asked to speak to his supervisor -- and guess what -- they are not available till Thursday --- just more delay tactics with no results. I have come to the conclusion that dealing with Empire Roday is fruitless, pointless, and borders on scam artistry. I'm convinced that getting my money back will result in an extremely delayed and next to impossible undertaking.

Ro