eBay India / ebay india guarantee scam
Wanted to share my horrific experience with ebay india, to caution other online customers.
1) Purchased Blackbery device from Seller=mobmantra1 - PaisaPay ID [protected] on 23Feb2012
2) Exchanged emails with seller, who confirmed on email tht the device is genuine and new in original blackberry packing
3) Received product after a week, th eproduct was not what the seller had promised to ship.
4) Under the ebay.in guarantee, I raised claim # 81605 on 09Mar2012.
5) No action from ebay.in for 2 weeks. I then called up customer support - they said they will escalate this to their claim department.
6) The seller called in the meantime and agreed that I should send the product back to him and he would instruct ebay.in to refund my money.
7) Deafening silence from ebay.in. Abruptly the status of the Claim is changed to Closed stating that the buyer has
asked to close the claim - blatantly false. On calling ebay customer support I learn that the status change has been
done by Nilesh Tambe.I call ebay cutomer support on 24March and I also drop ebay india an email - no response
8) I call up ebay customer support again on 04Apr2012, they patch me up to Ravindra Pandey. This gentleman looks at the system and keeps repeating that the buyer has asked to close the claim. I refute this. Then Ravindra says possibly someone else answered my mobile when Nilesh Tambe called and gave consent - this is rubbish, I always answer my own mobile calls.I tell him that I am not satisfied with the redressal and want to escalate to the head of ebay India - he refuses to give me the details and instead asks me to drop another email to <[protected]@ebay.com> which ebay india would respond to .He also says that they will retrieve the call details that Nilesh Tambe purportedly made to me and verfify.
9) There has been no response to my emails.
This is a blatant scam from ebay india - they make rosy claims on their website about safeguarding buyers under the guarantee. They just rip off people. There is zilch accountability. They just take customers for granted and take people for a ride. I hope the govt agencies do something to penalise ebay india to stop such blatant misuse of the ecommerce platform
in India. It is ironic that ebay india claims to be an evangelist of ecommerce in India - they actually practice just the opposite - this does not bode well for the Indian ecommerce space. I hope established palyers like Amazon commence direct busness in India soon and wipe out the fradulent companies. I make online purchases on Flipkart, letsbuy and have had no issues with them.
Thanks / Sundara Iyer
More eBay India Complaints & Reviews
- eBay Shopping Genie - scam 
- eBay And Psa/dna Quick Opinion Service - quick authentication service does not protect the buyer. 
- eBay Success System - fraud rip off 
- eBay Scam List E Thru Z - warning! new crime schemes on ebay! 
- eBay - ebay seller fraud loophole 
- eBay - scammers
- eBay / Paypal - selling on ebay & using paypal services? heed my warning 
- eBay - truck no delivered 
- eBay - seller not protected from scam!! 
- eBay - ebay seller