Menu

complaints

SportScene.co.za Complaints Summary

4 Resolved
146 Unresolved
Our verdict: If considering services from SportScene.co.za with a critical resolution rate, extra caution is advised. Examine detailed customer feedback to understand the severity and nature of unresolved issues. Be prepared for the possibility of unsatisfactory responses and have contingency plans, including seeking assistance from consumer advocacy groups if necessary.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for SportScene.co.za has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of SportScene.co.za. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

SportScene.co.za complaints 150

Sort by:

Newest SportScene.co.za complaints

P
10:21 am EST

SportScene.co.za Bad service

Good day

I went to shop at sport scene at Maponya mall on the 05/12/2023. Did get a good service from a cashier no:T060809004 (Lebohang) what happened is that she was rude arguing with me and I wasn’t comfortable to be helped by her, I even told the manager and he said it’s not the first time getting a complaint about her. I would like you to deal with her. thank

D
10:09 am EST
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On the 22nd of November 2023 I visited the Sportscene store in Golden Acre Cape Town to exchange a Redbat T-shirt dress that was purchased for me as a birthday gift from a friend, however the dress was bought in zevenwacht mall. as I spoke to a store assistant I explained that I would like to change the dress for a bigger size if not available then I would...

K
1:52 am EDT

SportScene.co.za Puma caven - poor customer service

Hi

My husband and I went to Sportscene Lakeside Mall and purchased 1 pair of Puma Caven Sneakers however we wanted 2 pairs(size 5&6) since we are buying for twins before the purchase was finalized on the other pair we asked that they check where we can get the other pair and they found a pair at Sportscene Eastrand Mall (size6) they confirmed they had the sneaker and size we needed and we made arrangements that we would come the following morning for that pair, they agreed. Sunday morning (23/10/2023) my husband went there to get the other pair but to our surprise he was told they don't have the pair my husband then paid R1000 with the remaining balance of R100 so that they can locate them elsewhere and bring them closer to our location its been 3 days we haven't received a call with the progress

Desired outcome: We need the other pair in size 6

A
1:45 pm EDT

SportScene.co.za Air force shoes

I have purchased airforce shoes from Sportscene through Bash on the 14th of August. I have only wore them once and I found out that they are counterfeit, made in China and it's material is way too soft. I trusted Sportscene and never doubted it that is why I didn't even check if the shoes were legit when they came I only found out after wearing them and I'm past the 30day return policy so I cannot return them but I don't appreciate walking with fake shoes whereas I paid a lot of money.

Desired outcome: An exchange or a refund please

J
2:16 am EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Saturday 16 September 2023-18 September 2023.We recently opened an account for my husband at Sportscene. We went to Sportscene Cape Gate where a girl names Kaylin assisted us. On the same day after receiving his card we asked to make a secondary card where she informed us we should wait 2 months before making a card. I contacted customer services the next...

N
1:02 pm EDT

SportScene.co.za Product and service

Bought track pant redbat on the 17th of Aug 23.

After one wash, it shrank it’s more like a legging now and the length is shorter.

I went back to store where I bought it.

Store manager told me there’s nothing can do at that moment she will ask atound and get back to me…

It’s been more than two weeks now..

This is a very poor service from Port Alfred Rosehill Mall..

Desired outcome: Refund, response and an apology…

K
10:02 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

SportScene.co.za Unknown interests added on my account after I have payed up the balance

I made a purchase using my sportscene account in April 2023 and paid half of the balance few days after in the same month. In may I checked my balance and paid it all, I checked few days after, the balance was 0.00. I was not owing. Now today, 23/08/2023, I received an sms that I'm owing and when I checked, I see all of a sudden there are interests and services fees being added, For what? I had settled the account and I was not owing, i didnt even make further purchased afterwards.

Phone number: [protected]

Desired outcome: Remove the interests and service fees

E
4:05 am EDT

SportScene.co.za Product

I went to Sportscene Alex Plaza to buy sneakers last week on Tuesday, July 25th, at 12:00, only to discover that they weren't available.

I asked a staff member to order an All-star speaker for me, and he confirmed that he did find that sneaker for me. It has now been a week, and I am still waiting for the call from Sportscene Alex Plaza. I'm really disappointed that the Sportscene stores in Alex have no customer service at all, and they treat me as if I'm getting things for free even though I'm paying them with my own money.

Please let Alex Plaza at Sportscene know that I want the All-Sneaker they said they would obtain for me last Tuesday.

I've uploaded my desired sneakers image, I need a size 4

M
6:46 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

SportScene.co.za Information given out without DPA followed + Rude customer service again

Today, the 25th of July 2023, between 10:15am and 10:30am, I got a call from a call centre agent from Sportscene asking for Matthew. She didn't ask for my last name and she didn't introduce herself either. I didn't confirm it's Matthew but asked where she is calling from and how can I help her. The agent then continued to explain shes calling regarding an outstanding balance. She then gave me my account information without doing any sort of security checks. She carried on explaining my balance and that I should pay up in full or set up an arrangement. I advised her I'm about to start work and only going to be free after 6pm.

The agent then became extremely rude, asking me am I joking, if I am being serious and telling me that she can't call me that time because she will be at home, which I would've easily accepted if she wasn't absolutely condescending and abrupt. I advised the agent in a nice and calm way that this is the only time I'll be available as I won't have access to my phone during the day.

She continued to be disrespectful by again just asking if I'm joking and if I'm serious. I stopped her mid-rant and ask her if she is honestly calling me from a call centre, as a client, and speaking to me this way when all I'm trying to do is schedule a callback and she told me straight over the phone I'm not her client. I was extremely upset at this point but I was at my wits end by how I was being spoken to so I requested to speak to a manager and the agent then proceeded to drop the line.

I admit that I am behind with Sportscene payment as I have been in rehab for 7 months and just started a new job at the start of this month. I am trying my best to settle everything and get my life back on track after everything and the way I was spoken to today and treated by this agent was disgusting.

For them to disclose my information without confirming if I was even the right person, belittle me when I asked to be called back and more so treat me in such a disrespectful way is so disheartening and disappointing. I have worked in call centres, especially customer service, before and this right here doesn't just make me upset but it is messing with my mental health as well. I've never been this disgusted by the way I've been treated by a company before and would like to know which company my account has been handed to so I can be sure to NEVER answer their calls again. If I cannot deal directly with SportScene from here on out, I will wait until my account is moved to another collector because I truly don't think I deserve to be spoken to like I'm a stray dog.

Desired outcome: I want to be compensated. The company broke the law with the DPA and IDNV act. I also feel that the way I was treated should be compensated. I was treated like less then dirt.

P
8:27 am EDT

SportScene.co.za Service

I visited Sasolburg Sportscene on the 18-07-2023 at around 12:32 to have my account blocked, i had the necessary documents needed, my ID and bank statement.

The staff on the day ddnt seem like they know what to do in order to resolve my problem, i spent 1hour 17 minutes in the shop without them helping me, they would help other customers while they were busy with my case that means i had to wait and wait. I ended up leaving without getting any help.

Desired outcome: I cant utilised my online purchases as my account its block and i need it to be unblocked ASAP

Z
4:25 pm EDT

SportScene.co.za Sportscene theku plaza

The abuse and poor service we recieve at Sportscene Theku Plaza located in Newcastle. Suffice to say after today i will never go back there again, i spent 45 minutes at the store today trying to laybye some things, they told me to wait at an inoperative till and never attended me again for the whole 45 minutes all while the only operational till cashier was chatting to the other staff standing around and dancing to music, i never felt so useless. Please not it isnt the first time, last week on saturday i went to buy a redbat jean, after 20 minutes standing in a queue of two people while the tills were empty i left the jean there and exited the store. Please look into it. Thanks.

J
3:50 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

SportScene.co.za Poor customer service and knowledge

I purchased a E gift card and when to the store to purchase. When at the till to pay and redeem they advised the e gift card is invalid. They called customer service to query but no joy. No one seemed to know the process at the store or at customer care. The store thereafter put me on the phone with customer care. After speaking to the consultant and being cut off numerous times and asking to speak to the customer service manager, evenually I was able to speak to a manager. After 4 hours. He assisted me and we managed to get some resolution which was only sorted out the next day.

Due to the lack of knowledge and the store not knowing the channel people to speak to the poor service and a frustrated customer.

M
11:44 am EDT

SportScene.co.za Service

On Friday the 2nd June 2023 at 12:00 mid day I was at Emalahleni Sport Scene buying winter item for my daughter. The quee was very long and there was only 1 Till operater the rest of the staff members were just standing, some where packing clothes noone bothered to at least assist the us (even with shopping or sizes) so I asked the Till operator why aren't they assisting us and there's only 1 Till but the quee is very long? He just laughed at me and said "what do you want to do"

I'm very disappointed at their service!

E
12:58 pm EDT

SportScene.co.za Bad quality product

I purchased all my jeans from you specifically super skinny and they all tend to tear in between the legs.
My complaint is actually about a super skinny I bought this time at promenade branch this time and saw that the stitching is coming lose already after my first wear and stitching hanging out.
Can't understand how you put products like this in store to be sold.
I even had 1 that I fit on and as soon as I fit them on the button on top broke off and I told the consultant and all he told me was to put it back and get a other it just shows you will sell broken things to your customers.

Desired outcome: A voucher to the value of my jeans

A
2:25 pm EDT

SportScene.co.za Bad service

Went to Sportscene in Mdantsane nu6 mall to look for a Jean I saw online but unfortunately they didn't have it... I asked the lady to check other stores so that she can ask for an ibt and she found it in Queenstown, I gave her my details and she said she'll call me back as soon as it arrives, 2 weeks no call, decided to go back, only to find that she didn't ask for it... That's negligence and utter disrespect. Never going back there

T
2:29 pm EDT

SportScene.co.za Nike Sneakers

I visited Sportscene in Rustenburg Waterfall Mall to purchase sneakers that I liked. When they checked there was only 1 pair left of which the other sneaker was on display. I didn't want to take the shoes cos 1 could see that the colour is no longer white. They insisted I take the shoes eventhough the colours are not the same. I feel they could have checked for me in other stores, I haven't worn them cos I can't start by washing them whereas they are still new. They gave me 10% discount but I still feel they could have made an effort to check for me in other stores. Is there anyway I could rectify this issue?

Desired outcome: Kindly check for me in other stores if I can't find the same clean sneakers

N
5:16 pm EDT

SportScene.co.za Cellphone

Horrible customer service

I bought the phone at Sportscene Durban 393 West Street on the 1 May 2023 , and today is 03 May 2023 the phone doesn't pick up network and it's also have a poor battery quality that doesn't even last for 3 hours. I bought the handset because it a tablet and I want to use for work purpose however it's not working all day I don't have network, actually I am having a toy brand new phone. What is the purpose of buying a phone if I can't use it.

Today I took it to the store,I asked them for exchange or refund and refuse to exchange or give me a refund. The floor manager and store manager were very rude, not helping,the don't want to listen to my concern,no sympathy, no respect at all. I waited for a manager for more than Hour.

I am disgusted and I now wants my money back this phone give me problem within 3 days meaning it's won't even last a year

Please come and take your phone I need my money

Desired outcome: Please refund me

F
3:24 pm EDT

SportScene.co.za Accusing me of theft

I need to ask u what do I do I feel so traumatized I went to sportscene today in promen ade mall and I had a trackpants on and I have my menstrual so my pants was standing a bit thick at the back so this girl called me that worked there and told me to come to this room they want to check if I have anything In my pants as if I stole something there and I had to leave child at the front in shop in trolley the people that do steal they can't catch but the innocent looking people they want to accuse ...I felt so embarrassed I had to pull down my whole pants for her to check while having my menstruation and it was In a store room not even in a fitting room or office which I feel is not right at all and this matter needs to be addressed and taken further

L
3:13 am EDT

SportScene.co.za Nike tights

To whom it may concern,

On Sunday, 9 April 2023, I purchased a Nike T-shirt and matching tights from Sportscene at Cavendish Square for an event I was attending that same evening. I fitted in the tights and all was well. Later that evening the tread started running and subsequently forming a hole below the Nike waist elastic band. I unfortunately cannot accept purchasing brand new tights at the value of R650 and only have to repair them after one wear. Nike is a trusted brand which I have been wearing for a very long time and I am quite disappointed to have to file a complaint for quality.

Desired outcome: I still have my slip and price tags and I will be visiting my nearest store today. I kindly hope that I will receive efficient customer care and the necessary protocol followed for such complaints.

O
12:27 pm EDT

SportScene.co.za Converse all star

I bought a pair of converse sneakers late feb bought them on the thursday and later went to return them on the tuesday the following week because I saw that the sole was cream white instead of white, mind you I have 3 other pairs of converse sneakers so I knew something was wrong. When I asked for them to exchange they refused cz the sole was dirty.. Yes I had worn them but only for a minute or two as I left the house and realised that the sole was actually cream white as I stepped into the road. I am bot very happy, now I have a pair of converse sneakers that look fake as hell and I can't wear them in public nor can I return them. Please take this very seriously as I will share my experience with everyone about the poor service I recieved at sportscene pinetown

Desired outcome: Please respond and would like to exchange these for genuine pair.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

SportScene.co.za contacts