Direct TV / wrong billing

WA, United States Review updated:
After my contract ended with directv I moved and decided to join services with another company. Serveral months later I get a bill from directv for ppv movies that I didn't order. How can you end a contract with a company and start services with another. Only to find out that your no longer with the company that is trying to charge you for the months that you have been with the new company.
Yeah amazing. I've written to the main office and made several phone calls disputing these charges, but nobody has an awnser. All I get are these stupid letters in the mail, with threats of collections.

Comments

Cm
  1st of Jul, 2009
Hi,

I work at directv, and you're crazy! I'm sure you were told when you called in that if you order the ppvs on a reciever that isn't connected to a phone line, we have no way of getting that information until it is downloaded from the access card!

What ppvs are $4.99 - maybe $5.99 depending on HD? You watched them right? :)
Si
  2nd of Jul, 2009
This is exactly what people on this board are talking about. You describe the problem and when the employee responds, he didn't address the problem!!! He said he didn't order the PPV's; yes if it isn't connected to a phone line that info is retroactively posted when the access card info downloads, however, GENIUS, that isn't his problem. Get a clue before you respond, DirecTV employee. You need to listen first, then respond. Problem one, DirecTV. Right there.

DirecTV Logo DirecTV