Direct Tvnow I am the big loser in all of this and they still say, oh well!

B Review updated:

I had direct TV installed in march of 2005. Unknown to me at the time the installation was done using my local cable carriers line. Our home owners association has a deal with the local cable company and for a small fee tacked onto our yearly dues, we get expanded basic for pennies on the dollar. Well when I called our cable company to have dsl set up, they came out and found out that the Direct TV installer had not only used their lines, which I never gave them permission for, they cut a line into my living room for faster installation. Needless to say I lost my direct TV service.

Here is the frustrating part. When I called them today to complain about it, they told me they had the right to do what ever is necessary to get the service going. they said they can not use their lines on the poles, or their small junction boxes by the property. But they have the right to use the cable outside of the home. I told them I would never have allowed it to be done that way, as I should be able to use both if I choose when ever I want, since both are being paid for and it is an active account. They told me again they had the right to do what they did. I told them they do not have the right to disable wires inside my home without my permission, which they did do. Again I was told that was not true. Now in order to get my service done the right way they said, I have to pay 99.95 for a secondary line into my home since the first one is not being used. I can't use it, they cable company took back their line. I also have to pay any other charges that might occur.

Now I not only do not have direct TV, I have no cable either. I now have to call the cable company out to fix what direct TV did to their lines, and pay for that as well. Somehow something does not seem legal here.

Direct TV used no common sense when installing this into my home, they looked for the easiest and cheapest way to install it without checking with me first. Now I am the big looser in all of this and they still say, OH WELL!

• Evelina Boyd's Response · Feb 01, 2017

Taking money out my account.

• Angel Pintado's Response · Apr 18, 2019

Am getting a bill from you & i don't have Direct TV on 4/3/2019 you bill me $74.74 on my Visa card & i dont know how you got my card number to do this so am thinking you scam me. I just move to this home & i never ask for this services & i transfer Spectrum to this current address my name is Angel Pintado

• Direct sucks's Response · Apr 28, 2019

I here that. They both suck

• ricl's Response · Jul 22, 2019

Like the rest, I am disappointed to lose CBS. Need I say more, yes, should not we get a refund.

• Jane Seitz's Response · Jul 28, 2019

We are paying for the following tv channels and are unable to view the channels. 4 WBZ, 39 WSBK 87 DEALS and 221 CBS SN, This is unacceptable and is not corrected we will seek a new service provider.
    Tim and Jane Seitz

• hollowayl4's Response · Jul 29, 2019

We love NCIS. CBS has blocked your show from Direct TV. Please go to USA... We are now watching reruns on USAHD... I hate that we cannot get the new shows...

•   Dec 01, 2006

Direct TV, Inc.
    Attn: Collections Department
    P.O. Box 6550
    Greenwood Village, CO [protected]

Dear Collections Agent,

In 2004, we contacted Direct TV about becoming a customer because we wanted to have high definition service in our home, particularly on ABC, NBC and CBS, which were the stations we watched most often.

We were assured that the HD service was possible, and the technician who came to install the service also assured us of that fact. After he put the dish on our roof and connected the service, he informed us that HD was not available on the channels we had specified.

We were stunned that we had been misled so deliberately, and we immediately told the company that we did not want to be a Direct TV customer. We were billed anyway, and we disputed the invoice at the time. I talked with numerous people at Direct TV, including supervisors, and we had the charge removed from our credit card. We thought the matter had been resolved, and I even followed up with a letter to Direct TV, outlining the unsatisfactory experience we had, hoping this would not happen to anyone else.

It is November of 2006, and we have now received notice from Financial Asset Management Systems, Inc., that we are being charged $328.08 by Direct TV. After talking today with yet another supervisor at your company, I was told I could write this letter but that, in short, Direct TV had washed their hands of this matter.

Clearly it is wrong to hold us responsible and to jeopardize our credit rating. Direct TV misrepresented their service to us ? twice ? and now is expecting us to pay for the mistake.

We ask again that you remove this claim immediately and notify us and the collections agency that you have done so.

Sincerely,
    Cathy and Lee Jenkins

Cc: Financial Asset Management Systems, Inc.

Jan 10, 2007

On dec .28 ,2006 my parents have direct tv, and have no complaints. So a man call there house and told the company was offering them a free installment . So they told them about me my mother gave them her # so i can get free installment . I answered the phone at this time it was 8:00p.m .i talked to a man name (miguel diaz )and gave him, my information we where fine about the agree, but there was something about giving the card # . So he told me that i could speak to boss and may be she can insure me everything would be ok, I spoke to a (cynitha) . After i spoke i gave my information. We set up a date and everything was fine. 20 min. Later he called to tell me that they wanted keep the card #, but with my cousins name that was not the agreement . That was my sisters name i never said my sisters name to him, how he found out i don't now. I told him to cancel it and he keep repeating the same thing.i went home upset and listened to my messages on the phone, so guess how left me a message miguel tell me again his fraud agreement that he wanted to because, i had to pay and she didn't ... W.o.w that how u have working for your company. Will i call my lawyer and he told me that i have, a great case, because i have witness ,and that i have recording on my phone. I was offered a free directv and end off with nothing only a mess, so i would like to what is this company going to do about this people who are doing this fraud...? If this doesn't act on anything i will precharges to the company. Contact me [protected] my# thank u

Jun 01, 2007

If you are going to post a complaint about a company at least do it in proper English and in complete sentences so we can understand what you are trying to say. I have no idea what you are talking about with all the misspellings and broken sentences. Maybe that is why you are having issues with this company. You cannot speak English and this is an American company you are complaining about.

Sep 02, 2009

I live in an apartment and the tenant next door complained about our satellite blocking the door. I called the company to request to move the satellite in front of our door instead so that it's no longer blocking and causing problems to the tenant next door. Direct TV is charging us $99.00 just to relocate it. Right now, the apartment manager moved the satellite to a different direction so that it's no longer causing problem to the next door tenant, however, as a result we lost our satellite and can't watch anything on the television.

Does it seem fair to be charge $99.00 for a problem that was even caused by you?

Aug 14, 2018
    DirecTV - 3 no show installation

Direct tv has the absolute most insubordinate employees they have scheduled three times to come install my DirecTV not shown each of the three times I am terminally ill canceled doctor's appointments to be here for them and they're so sorry they can't even call to reschedule they have text my phone I've responded back with yes done everything what

• M
      Aug 14, 2018
    DirecTV - Installation
    Pearland
    Texas

I have tried 4 times to get one cable box for my garage and 4 times they have not even showed up!
    I have no idea why this is so difficult! I am completely unsatisfied with direct tv! I would like to be contacted asap. I have had direct tv for twelve and have never been this disappointed!

Matt Bankston
    [protected]

DirecTV - Lost service every day between 9 and 9:30 AM
    Owings
    Maryland

Every day for the last several weeks service cuts out with notice that no server is detected and check network connections. It very obviously has nothing to do with my network connections. I wonder what FOX thinks about the fact that half of every Sunday Fox News with Chris Wallace is not being broadcast.

Direct TV - Satélites service
    San Francisco
    directtv.com

Clearly they don't train their technicians. Not only did he show up 30 minutes after the 4 hour window, it's now coming up on the 5th hour and he can't figure out how to install the equipment. Great way to spend my mother's Day. Don't even think about customer service because they have no intention of helping you!

• J
    DirecTV - direct tv disconnected my internet & home phones
    West Palm Beach
    Florida

Direct tv disconnected my internet when they came out to install the new service to my house. Now I have a $60.00 bill for comcast to reconnect the internet service and home phone service. Who can I submit these fees for reimbursement to?

• T
    DirecTV - station guide
    Cincinnati
    Ohio

I am very unhappy with the change from the old channel guide to this crappy one its a lot slower also I cant see very well the clear image I can not see also when the weather gets bad we lose all reception please fix it or I may have to change providers

Direct TV - my bill since 2012
    Sun City
    California

my bill was suppose to be $64.00 amonth.. instead of $64.. its been $163.11 $82.64 .$115.29 $89.83. $94.82.. and so on..and every month is the same ..my bill never been $64.. like i sigh up for..in 6 months i paid them $639.97...and if i paid $64.22 each month like i was suppose it would of been $254, 65.

DirecTV - New Direct TV Set up
    haymarket
    Virginia

I hate hate hate the new format. I can't see the ugly grey. It is way to small. I have to keep pushing the button to get to screen I want. And the worst thing is I have taped many shows when I watch them on TV I can see it but nothing tapes. Absolutely sucks the big one. Marking the days on my calendar until I can switch company's

DirecTV - the new look
    Lady Lake
    Florida

The new look is too small to read and the new ways to do things don't like it. We have a small tv and we can't read the writing about the info or any other writing on the tv We have to look it up online to see what the movie or show is about.

DirecTV - satelite tv
    Poway
    California

When will the pixel problem and sound cutting out be fixed. I have been dealing with this for almost one year. It is so frustrating. Everyone at directv replies oh they are working on it. But how long do we as customers have to deal with this. Ever since ATT took over the service sucks.

Aug 21, 2018
    DirecTV - commercial annoying and disappointing behavior
    directv.com

I am really concerned and disappointed with the commercial you have out there for directv now, showing a woman throwing a man's belongings out a window. Really? Please don't promote this type of behavior.

Aug 21, 2018
    Direct TV - can not talk to anyone that speaks english
    gulfport
    Florida

they can not fine my bill, work order, phone number, or account but yet can send me a bill.Was in tears after the seventh time I call it never worked right in the six weeks I had it.

• H
      Aug 21, 2018
    DirecTV - direct tv service was supposed to receive a $200.00 visa card after 30 days
    KALAMAZOO
    Michigan

I was supposed to receive a$200.00 visa card around 30 days after installation. I have never received it still till this day! My phone #is269-903-5992 my name is heather howard and their was also about 50 dollars of movies that was supposed to be taken off bill and was unresolved. Can you help so I can resubmit my service

Direct TV - Guide
    Whiteland
    Indiana

The recent change of the guide, menu is hard to read and use. The guide also freezes and makes it impossible to use. Direct Tv needs to offer guide color and font size selections to make user friendly. Updates to guide where not needed and do not work properly.

• A
      Sep 01, 2018
    Directv AT&T - Cable service
    directv.com

Account was closed and they continued to take money out of my account. Equipment was even returned

Sep 01, 2018
    DirecTV - direct tv and all services it has provided

Basically they suck! Overcharged lied to and I've had enuff - I'm sending all their crap back! I'm going without tv!
    I'm a widow of a veteran whom served his country and lost his life to injuries incurred from battle! I'm also a veteran! How dare y'all take advantage of us!

Sep 02, 2018
    DirecTV - customer service
    Mechanicsville
    Virginia
    directv.com

LONG TERM CUSTOMER SCREWED - CANCELLING SERVICE: On 11/11/17 a tech came to fix our 775 problem on some channels. After several hour, he left to get a part and never came back leaving us with NO service. I called again & a week later another tech came out and fixed it. Now it is back and we can't get anyone out here today.

Sep 05, 2018
    DirecTV - customer service and billing
    New York

What a bad company, there is no human side on their representatives. No sure if a corporate office exist because I have called and every time they tell me a different thing. Horrible, professional thieves and very well trained. Never received a call from them and still wating.

DirecTV - cable
    Greenwood
    South Carolina
    directtv.com

Your company must be the most deceiving one, I have ever dealt with. I want someone to please contact me at [protected]. I have a formal complain for two of your rude supervisors, sandy and chris (Id for chris is 101154). I spoke to them today (10/29/2017).
    Evamarie belcher [protected]

• P
    DirecTV - recording shows
    Concord
    California

Shows that someone records should start right when the show actually starts... Not half way thru the recording. I've had many times where the show that was on before the show I recorded will take up to 40 minutes of my recorded show! And there's no other way to watch the full episode, so I miss about half of the show. I feel like i'm being robbed.

• 4
    Direct TV - did not give promotional offer I signed up for

Just flat out scam. Do i have 30 days to cancel this without any charges at all? I just hate being lied too. Not a good way to start out giving service...

• P
      Sep 10, 2018
    DirecTV - sex offender employees
    belfast ny

I want to know about you sex offenders who work for your sub contractors

Sep 11, 2018
    DirecTV - no installation
    MIAMI
    Florida

It's been three times and no one has come to my home

• N
      Sep 18, 2018
    DirecTV - combining with att&t
    Chicago
    Illinois

No one is on the same page
    you all keep turning off, my services when I set up payments
    the system suck
    tat&t really Suck and I'm having the worst experience after being with direct to for over 2 years
    I'm looking to filing a lawsuit against both tat&t and direct to

Sep 18, 2018
    DirecTV - t.v./ tech
    Fayette
    Alabama

I am really mad about directv changing my appointment and not showing up at my house for 2 days in a role to install my satilite. This has took day away from work and everything. I need a manger or someone to call me asap. I need someone here now to hook tv up this is ridiculous 2 days not showed up to install.

Sep 19, 2018
    DirecTV - BeIN sports Chanel dropped
    Dana Point
    California

Directv's greed has dropped the only Chanel that carries la liga soccer ... which one of the only reason I carry directv
    We want beIN sports in the Chanel line up as it was when I signed up ... if not I want my money back!
    Demand for directv to carry the channels that they offered when clients sign up!!!
    We want BeIN sports back !!!

• J
      Oct 15, 2018
    DirecTV - billing

This is the worst experience I ever had in my life!
    Please be aware of direct tv services they will rippe the [censored] out of anyone with the bills! I been paying doble of the amount I sing up for! And the service is sucks! Let's get together to take down this fake ass company!

Oct 21, 2018
    DirecTV - service not on
    Baton Rouge
    Louisiana

I paid for my service today and its not on I calling numerals agent and they told to file a compliant and I very disappointed cause my service not on I paid 53.38 off a debt card today as of 7/24/17

Oct 22, 2018
    DirecTV - satellite tv - overcharge
    Boston
    Massachusetts
    directtv.com

Been a customer for over 10 years, cancelled and now being charged a $220 cancellation fee... Why - because the receiver I leased was smoking last year and they replaced it... Leased! They say this somehow obligated me into another 2 year contract! You are the worst. I'd rather spend 5k on an attorney than to give you another dime!!!

Oct 22, 2018
    DirecTV - protection plan premium
    Lehi
    Utah

My computer hard drive crashed and I need it fixed immediately since I work from my home. Your policy of having me send it to you to fix is unacceptable. I will be cancelling my suscription to the plan since this is useless to me and I will let other friends and colleagues know if this and not to waste their money.

Oct 23, 2018
    DirecTV - overcharged

Acct #[protected] have been charged for 4 tv's and only have 2. After fighting with lady on phone she tried to sell me stuff. I have had nothing but issues since AT & T took over. Very unhappy and ready to go elsewhere.

Rebecca Reynolds

Oct 27, 2018
    DirecTV - being q customer with them
    Hibbing
    Minnesota

Becoming a customer

• T
      Oct 31, 2018
    DirecTV - ppv I did not order
    Directv.com

I was charge for (4) ppv movies and I didnt order I was in the hospital for the last month with a heart attack.

95 order 05/2015 charged 4/2017 via remote

DirecTV - unauthorized credit inquiry
    Englewood
    Colorado
    directv.com

I have unauthorized credit-inquires on my credit-reports from DirecTV... But I have never done business DirecTV.

• W
      Nov 05, 2018
    DirecTV - Customer Service

Thinking of switching to DirecTV? As an alternative I suggest you buy a hammer and then place your hand on a table. Then with the hammer in your other hand hit the hand on the table as hard as you can. Pause then repeat. Same results but the hammer is cheaper.

Nov 11, 2018
    DirecTV and ATT, Its owner - DirecTV Service

Simply put, DirecTV is the absolute worst. AT&T, its new partner in crime, is also terrible. You have a better chance of finding Jimmy Hoffa and Bigfoot together than you do of getting a hold of any corporate member of the Customer Service Leadership Team to fix a problem CAUSED BY DIRECTV.