Direct TVnow I am the big loser in all of this and they still say, oh well!

B

I had direct TV installed in march of 2005. Unknown to me at the time the installation was done using my local cable carriers line. Our home owners association has a deal with the local cable company and for a small fee tacked onto our yearly dues, we get expanded basic for pennies on the dollar. Well when I called our cable company to have dsl set up, they came out and found out that the Direct TV installer had not only used their lines, which I never gave them permission for, they cut a line into my living room for faster installation. Needless to say I lost my direct TV service.

Here is the frustrating part. When I called them today to complain about it, they told me they had the right to do what ever is necessary to get the service going. they said they can not use their lines on the poles, or their small junction boxes by the property. But they have the right to use the cable outside of the home. I told them I would never have allowed it to be done that way, as I should be able to use both if I choose when ever I want, since both are being paid for and it is an active account. They told me again they had the right to do what they did. I told them they do not have the right to disable wires inside my home without my permission, which they did do. Again I was told that was not true. Now in order to get my service done the right way they said, I have to pay 99.95 for a secondary line into my home since the first one is not being used. I can't use it, they cable company took back their line. I also have to pay any other charges that might occur.

Now I not only do not have direct TV, I have no cable either. I now have to call the cable company out to fix what direct TV did to their lines, and pay for that as well. Somehow something does not seem legal here.

Direct TV used no common sense when installing this into my home, they looked for the easiest and cheapest way to install it without checking with me first. Now I am the big looser in all of this and they still say, OH WELL!

• Updated by Evelina Boyd · Feb 01, 2017

Taking money out my account.

• Updated by Angel Pintado · Apr 18, 2019

Am getting a bill from you & i don't have Direct TV on 4/3/2019 you bill me $74.74 on my Visa card & i dont know how you got my card number to do this so am thinking you scam me. I just move to this home & i never ask for this services & i transfer Spectrum to this current address my name is Angel Pintado

• Updated by Direct sucks · Apr 28, 2019

I here that. They both suck

• Updated by ricl · Jul 22, 2019

Like the rest, I am disappointed to lose CBS. Need I say more, yes, should not we get a refund.

• Updated by Jane Seitz · Jul 28, 2019

We are paying for the following tv channels and are unable to view the channels. 4 WBZ, 39 WSBK 87 DEALS and 221 CBS SN, This is unacceptable and is not corrected we will seek a new service provider.
    Tim and Jane Seitz

• Updated by hollowayl4 · Jul 29, 2019

We love NCIS. CBS has blocked your show from Direct TV. Please go to USA... We are now watching reruns on USAHD... I hate that we cannot get the new shows...

• Gi
    Gil Renaud Feb 29, 2020

Spent one hour searching for a number to call customer support from a foreign number. The numbers listed all hang up. That is unacceptable! You let me signup for service from this number but you won't take service calls. How do I reach you? The remote control stopped working. So the service is useless to us . Please call me [protected]

• Ss
    [email protected] Jan 26, 2020

Front desk states waiting on a service tech from direct TV to fix the problem, all lower channels out(local news, weather, sports, etc.) Fairbridge Inn, Natchez, Ms.
    The only times in my life out of cable service for a week was Hurricane Camille and Hurricane Katrina, what gives?

• Wi
    will stephens Jan 01, 2020

why does direct tv call and when pick up phone on second ring no one is there i called back and got bs the number is [protected] we are blocking all dtv calls smarten up and stop the [censored] i hate your reality good bye

Pamann34 Dec 28, 2019

While watching SNL Saturday the 21st of December, we found that our programming started in the middle of a skit or musical performance after seeing a local commercial. We pay for the programming to see the entire program not missing the beginning of those sketches.
    We have it recorded so it can be easily seen.

• Zu
    zurger Dec 09, 2019

Since AT&T took over the company went down the toilet- customer service is a joke . Bunch of incompetent employee's keep transfering you & then get the wrong product ?
    The techs they send out are third party that don't have the equipment. Trying for over a month to get this HD DVR.

• Tu
    TulsaGolfer Dec 04, 2019

We continue to get Directv advertising cutting into programming. Now it say we have not subscribed to local channel programming.
    If this continues, you will lose a long time customer. We are tired of poor service.

• Ga
    Garyrw Nov 23, 2019

Two months ago we have joined a plan AT&T cell phones in Tallahassee Florida we were told by the sales person that we would receive unlimited HBO if we chose and it would be activated in two weeks it has been two months and three trips later still nothing AT&T is obviously not communicating with DIRECTV. Can you help

• Ro
    Ron Putjenter Nov 18, 2019

It is reprehensible that DirectTV is peppering MSNBC programs with pop-up advertising for upcoming shows on different channels.

I this continues, I will terminate my subscription.

Shame on you, DirectTV for losing all credibility by interfering with programing that I pay to watch.

• Co
    Corrine Gonzalez Nov 12, 2019

I called Direct TV & was informed I wouldn't be charged $99 for a service call JUST to put the wires back together or i'd have my nephew do it, but when I got my bill I was charged $99. I can't afford Direct TV anymore & am looking into switching back to DISH. Your Call Center has such rude customer service agents & some can't even speak English.

• Ed
    edwelu Oct 29, 2019

on 10/21/2019 I Contacted the chat service to fix some issues and was out right lied to, not only did they not try to help they only continued to lie and was told I needed to purchase a different package and canceling was not a option for me, well they were both wrong I canceled service from Direct TV for now and ever.

• Je
    Jeffy1742 Oct 27, 2019

Nobody speaks English! They lie and never on the same page throughout the company. Such a joke! Come and pick your boxes up in the HWY

• Th
    Thelukemason1 Oct 19, 2019

I still cannot believe direct tv does not have fox. I can't watch the mlb playoffs or football on Sundays. This is ridiculous, stupid, annoying, and going to be the reason I switch providers soon. Totally, embarrassingly bad. I've always said how much better direct tv is that everyone else. But it has totally [censored] the bed in every way possible.

• Sc
    Scott3312 Oct 19, 2019

I have called multiple times about slow response out of the receiver, nobody can help. Charged me for a new remote, said that will fix the problem, nope. Called again and said they would need to send a tech for 99$, to trouble shoot equipment they own. I refused and will now seek an alternative supplier.

pargeter Oct 08, 2019

Whenever we started with Direct TV (four to six years ago???) it was because DISH wasn't airing Seahawks football games. Now we're facing the same dilemma with Direct. You haven't really discussed what the problem is with several channels now out of touch. Will there be a credit on our bill?

[email protected]
    Trout Creek, Montana

• Mi
    mike manfull Oct 07, 2019

Up untill today, I have been able to watch Fox News on my PC. Now it says my Direct TV account doesn't support it. Why not?

• Ev
    Eva1968 Sep 21, 2019

We had a saleman come to my house in August. Talked us in to opening a nother acct. Now we are being billed double plus termination fees for old acct. Not only did he do this to us but to my son as well. Old acct25890683, new acct [protected], name is Coronado. My sons old acct [protected] name Reyes, new acct [protected] Clark. Call me at [protected]

• St
    state coach Sep 21, 2019

i am concerned that direct tv will lose espn. if that occurs i will probably cancel your service and go back to cable(which i do not want to) but i will have no choice. i enjoy many aspects of your service but sports are important not only to me but i am sure a multitude of your customers. i hope that you can resolve this situation,

• Li
    [email protected] Aug 31, 2019

When am I getting ABC back? I watch local channels and pay for this. I am no longer under contract and if you don't put this back I will drop you.

• Do
    Donald Schwarz Aug 13, 2019

CBS Leveraging the blackout to DirecTV customers for large rate increases has restricted some our our favorite shows which we will find others. Very disappointing and frustrating.

Mary Ellen moon Aug 12, 2019

No cbs paying for a service I don't use I had to get spectrum internet because century link could not keep a signal ready to switch

Denise Fillmore Aug 12, 2019

Most of the shows I watch are on channel 13. Maybe I'll go to Comcast. Channel 13 is my station of choice for news and recorded shows. Now I cannot get my favorite shows or news!!

• Gi
    Ginger Shumate Aug 10, 2019

My account number is [protected]. I want to know why my bill was $126.00 dollars . I always pay $54.00 dollars. I have never pay that amount. I only paid the half of it.

• Ci
    Cissy51 Aug 05, 2019

I pay entirely too much every month to lose a channel. With the prices you charge, there should be no problem paying the increase. If you are not going to get the channel back, you should decrease the bill for everyone with your company. So if you are not willing to give that cost up to every dtv subscriber, then get our channel back!!

• Rk
    rkcrkc Aug 05, 2019

Cancelled service 7/25/19 was given instructions to return equipment / received e-mail instructions to return equipment which was very different from original still waiting for the return package to arrive after 7 days, CALLED FOR INFORMATION FOR THE RETURN AND THEY HUNG UP ON US ALL THREE TIMES

Jane Seitz Aug 04, 2019

Tim and Jane Seitz
    account 8088

• Ho
    hollowayl4 Aug 04, 2019

Pamela Cl Aug 01, 2019

I will have to switch providers if ABC does not come back soon. I feel I should also be credited for not recieving all channels promised. Please don't tell me it is Nestar's problem, I do business withyou not them.

Dennis Burke Jul 30, 2019

WHY????? NO channel 13 in Baltimore?? After 20+++ years as a customer, I will DROP you like a HOT potato if this continues!!!

• Ri
    ricl Jul 29, 2019

Deneen Schroyer Jul 23, 2019

I find it very irritating that CBS channel 7 has been removed. This is a major network and viewed frequently. I believe AT&T (Direct TV) should work to get this issue resolved and there should be compensation to customers. We have been without this station for over a week.

mary holtz Jul 22, 2019

[protected] Mary Holtz I want a refund this month-missing channels this month, stupid, ridiculous and unacceptable!

• Km
    Kmaten Jul 22, 2019

Bring back NBC and wbre. This is ridiculous. We pay good money for TV you greedy companies make me sick.

• Ba
    Barry Kugler Jul 13, 2019

Genie works half the time. Customer service is poor to nonexistent. Now i pay an exorbitant amount for missing programs and at&t/direct tv can only point the finger at someone else. All they are really saying is we're not going to help you.

• Ro
    RobandLaura Jul 10, 2019

In June we lost channel 48 and now today july, 4 2019 we lost NBC. What is going on with this. We pay alot of money to you and you are taking channels that by the way we pay for. The bill is under Robert Morgan. If this is not resolved right away we will be looking for other services.

• Um
    Umqueenmother Jul 02, 2019

It's been 3 weeks with no nbc network. Missing shows! I'd like a discount since you are not providing the channels you promised. What is going on!? Anybody else out there feel this way?

When will direct tv dispute with nbc be resolved.

Margery P. Takeyama Jun 29, 2019

I resent paying for Directv and then I can't get the SF Giants game due to a sattelite issue, there should be refunds. It's ridiculous that I have to think of more things to say in order to register a complaint. I've been with Directv since 2004, but maybe it's time for a change.
    Margery P. Takeyama

Cheated009 Jun 26, 2019

When I signed up for service I was offer a rewards card of $200 and that I could claim it in 30 days. When I tried to claim it i was told I was ineligible.

• Ba
    Baya Wynot Jun 15, 2019

you have the worst customer service in the world, I have not had any service/reception since Thursday and when I went on my computer I got this lovely
    e-mail my service/job has been completed. Idiots and your automated phone service
    can be improved by a three year old.

• Di
    Direct sucks May 06, 2019

The Customer Loyalty department is a joke spent six hours on my phone today trying to get my cable bill taken care of instead the representative above turned off our cell phones or AT&T 35 your customer of AT&T and DIRECTV I will never use your service again worst customer service ever makes Cox cable a superstar. (STAY AWAY RUN AWAY IF YOU CAN).

Angel Pintado Apr 27, 2019