Direct TV / class action

1 83 Juniper CircleNew Hope, PA, United States Review updated:

Join with me in a starting a class action suit!!

I dont know a thing about how to do it.

Comments

• Ge
      14th of May, 2009

We have a small claims court that will accept cases up to $5000.00
    I will report unauthorized use of credit card criminal complaint and a small claims suit.

• Ha
      23rd of Jun, 2009

I had a some what similar exchange where we had signed up for a package for $39 a month, after the rebates where filled out. So after installation the installer said that we have 90 days to fill out the forms and have them mailed or we could do this at www.Directv.com/rebates. So after about a week seeing how we liked the programming, I went online to do the rebates but to my suprise it wasnt there. So in response to that i called directv to ask about the circumstances of not receiving the rebates online we were told to wait for the first months bill. Well again when we got the bill, no rebates, so we called again they said it will be there within 4-6 weeks. After that time passed we called again and they said, give it another 2 weeks, so i thought well ok we have 90 days to get the rebates and fill them out. At this point in time i thought ok customer service is ok they are just having some technical problems. Anyway here i am now with directv claiming the never heard from us during th epast three months. But while i was on the phone with the rebates center one of reps let loose that the reason it never shoed up was that they imput it wrong. So i sent an email, telling them of what the person said and asked to not be billed for the time of non-service. That replied saying that it is getting close to the 90 days that we have to fill out the rebates. Then I talked to another supervisor who now says we only had 60 days and that she is sorry that she can do nothing about it.

• Ro
      8th of Dec, 2009

I've already filed the class action suit in PA. Join me as a Plaintiff. I've already paid the fees. email me at IMKayles@hotmail.com.

• Ro
      8th of Dec, 2009

I have already filed a Class Action against Directv, and paid the fees. I invite all of you to join with me as Plaintiffs. email me at IMKayles@hotmail.com. Put Directv in the subject line.

• Ci
      19th of Jun, 2010

There are several class actions in several states. Google 'DirecTV class action lawsuit' there are updates on this case as recent as 2010. I also had a $280 early termination fee plundered from my checking account by DirecTV. These people are criminals and liars. If they have your credit card or checking account debit card number, change your account immediately. I was not on autopay, but they had this information I guess from when I applied for the service and they took the money out of my checking account without my permission while I was out of the country and it was difficult for me to do anything about it. If they do take the money out of your account, dispute it with your bank or credit card company and in your dispute provide information on the class action lawsuits pending against DirecTV for similar bad behavior. My bank refunded my money when I did this. However, DirecTV now sent the amount I allegedly owe to collections. These people play dirty and should be brought to justice.

I will be joining the class action lawsuit, too. I imagine you should just contact the law firm(s) in your state that have cases pending and ask the law firm(s) to join in the class. Good Luck!

• Fe
      28th of Aug, 2010

I called directv for a double play TV and internet the 8/1/2010 and after taking all my information the girl tranfered my call to a man from winstream, he took all my information and told me that I will have the internet service by august 9th but when i called the 7th to find out the time they will be in my home, i had the notice that they didn't have any information about me in their computer, so, i called back directv to find out that my account didn't say anithing about internet. After talking with directv for more than a hour they found out the right information, so they told me that my provider couldn't be winstream because they do not service my area that the provider will be verizon, so they switched me to veriozon to place the order, what i did, verizon told me that i will have service the 18th, but never showed up, when i called them the 18th they told me that niether my name or address were in their computer, so i decided to call directv to cancel their service, now they are charging me for an early cancellation for more than 500USD, i strugled for more than 18 days to fix the problem but they didn't fix it, so it's not my fault, they didn't do what the contract said, i lost more than 20 days of work because i made my living with eBay and because of the lack of internet, i'm without work since the 1st of august. So i would like to know who can help me to sue directv.

Thanks.

• Sh
      12th of Nov, 2010

It might have taken me a couple of months but I finally got my money back that Direct TV stole out of my account and everyone else needs to do the same thing and run Direct TV out of Central Florida. They are nothing but out and out theives!!! You can do this one of 2 ways. First send an email to Ellen Fillpiat, who is the Vice President of Direct TV in Idaho, @ ellen.fillpiat@directv.com or customervocfollowup@directv.com ATTN: Mara. Or you can reach Mara @ this number (208) 363-6015, and tell her how much they stole from your accounts. She is the one who can give you a refund. They stole $680.28 from me and she refunded me $571.17, which was my balance after my final bill. But it is my belief that ALL of us should get together and file a class action suit against Direct TV for damages and personal injury for what we have had to endure over these thefts. I have an attorney who is willing to go to court against them. But if you want your money back get it back the same way I did.

• Gl
      7th of Jul, 2012

The post by S. Barker was most beneficial. I had been going at it with their reps about both an extension of my subscription because of an inoperative "upgraded" HD receiver they sent me and their decision to charge me a $400 cancellation fee after being a customer for 13 years. I contacted the office suggested by Ms. Barker, got a call back within one day. In a discussion a day later with their Rep, Shana, everything was straightened out, the cancellation fee was waived and they refunded the cost of the inoperative receiver. Kudos to Shana for taking the time to understand my situation as well as applying some good common sense to a solution. My regrets were that it couldn't have been done through normal channels with their reps saving me a lot of hassle as well as frustration..