Direct TV / deceptive business practice
DirecTV has secured a toll-free number [protected]) that is almost the same as the customer service number of its competitor, Dish Network [protected]). If you mistakenly dial the "888" version thinking you're calling the Dish Network's customer service line, you get a DirecTV marketing creep who hastily mis-pronounces his response, and asks for your phone number, address and length of time you've had your satellite dish. You're then "turfed" to a recording that tells you if you can't resolve your issue with Dish Network, DirecTV would like to have your business.
Obviously a scam to collect names and addresses for "marketing" purposes. If this is an example of how DirecTV operates, they're at best deceptive, fraudulent and duplicitous, and in fact, in my opinion, are borderline criminals. "Trust is the gold dust of the 21st century." These buffoons just don't get it.
More Direct TV Complaints & Reviews
- AT&T / Direc TV Bundle My Services - overcharged 
- Direct TV - stay away - direct tv sucks! 
- Direct TV - very poor service and unacceptable contract 
- Direc TV & Costco - terrible experience! 
- Direct TV - prepaid visa card promotion 
- DirecTV - tv service and billing
- Direct TV - satellite tv service
- Direct TV - technical assistance
- DirecTV - billing - my credit report - still linked to directv
- DirecTV - service calls