Direct TV / poor customer service & over-billing
While hooking-up a new DVD player we were unable to access our DirectTV service. Calling custome service we were informed we need a new access card and would be without service for 3-5 business days AND charged $20 maintenance fee. We were also informed that we were continued to be billed for a defective receiver since Sept. 2007 (automated payment for 16 months at $5 per month). 47 minutes on the phone with customer support supervisor "Richard" in Alabama: he refused to credit our account the over-charge, claimed it was not DirectTV's policy to check/correct errors to our accounts...we are to do so and notify them within 60 days...and did not end the conversation with a good-bye...he just disconnected the line. Knowing the line was still active we waited until the rep. got on the line then got Richard's ID #! I've written to DirectTV. Let's see what they'll do now!
More Direct TV Complaints & Reviews
- AT&T / Direc TV Bundle My Services - overcharged 
- Direct TV - stay away - direct tv sucks! 
- Direct TV - very poor service and unacceptable contract 
- Direc TV & Costco - terrible experience! 
- Direct TV - prepaid visa card promotion 
- DirecTV - Service technician not showing up on the day of the scheduled appointment and no phone contact to explain the delay or why.
- Direct TV - customer service dept 
- Direct TV - unprofessional service 
- DirecTV - directv satellite dish tv 
- DirecTV - recording over content