Menu
DirecTV Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

DirecTV
reviews and complaints

www.directv.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

2.0 2197 Reviews

How responsive is DirecTV's customer service?

537 Resolved
1650 Unresolved
Almost disappeared 🫥
We're pretty sure that if DirecTV showed up wayyyy more often on ComplaintsBoard and paid more attention to reviews and complaints, it would lead to better results. But for now, the resolution rate doesn't show successful interaction with customers. We advise reviewers to be careful when communicating with DirecTV and be ready for the chance your problem might not get a response. It's also good to start looking for other solutions if your issues aren't fixed as you want.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for DirecTV has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
Write a review File a complaint

DirecTV reviews and complaints 2197

Sort by:

Newest DirecTV reviews and complaints

1:45 pm EST

DirecTV no service call

I've used directv for a few years now only because comcast didn't offer as much. If you can put up with glitches, no sound at times, tiled and frozen screens and poor weather reception then they're your company.
I had a tech (They are not techs) to my home to fix a no sound problem. He left with no cable connection so I could record a program and watch another and added a broken up picture (Tiled). I called diredtv the same day to tell them my problem. The problem now was because the first guy screwed it up it becomes some kind of "special management" case and requires a manager to allow the guy to come back to fix the problem.
I first called diredtv on the friday they were here. It took six days to finally have a "manager" call me. That was after calling them everyday for six days. Then this idiot of a manager says it will be another five days until a tech can return. That's a total of eleven days without tv reception.
This kind of business incompetence should be addressed by the fcc.
Anyone considering doing business with directv should surely think twice. They're reception is poor.
They're hd recorders take several seconds to just change the another channel. I don't have enough room here to say all that i've found unsatisfactory with diredtv. Find someone else, please

9:03 am EST

DirecTV cancellation fee on non existing contract

Today I cancelled my direct TV service because frankly, the service is interrupted everytime it rains and Direct TV advertisements are so much louder than the rest of the programming that we must have the remove close by to mute the ads.
So when I called to cancell, they advised me that I have to pay untill 210 because when I activated their service their terms of service say that it is a two year contract.

I have asked for a copy of a signed agreement where I agreed to a two year contract and they of course have none, because I would not have signed one. The go back to saying that when I activated I automatically agreed to a two year contract.
Of cousrse what will happen next is that Direct TV will send me a bill, I will refuse to pay it on the basis that I did not agreed to a contract, next they will give the "Froudualent Bill" to a collection company who will file a collection notice on my credit report in order to damage my credit and force me to pay. I will send the entire process to my attorneys and they will contact the collection company.
I have instructed my attorneys to file legal proceedings if necessary.

The important thing here is that Direct TV is in financial trouble and is going trying to force costumers to stay with them even if the have to beat them up fiancially. The days of the thug with a baseball bat are gone, now comapnies use froudulant documents lawyers and collectors to do their wor.

I will keep you posted on my fight with Direct TV.

PS: If there are many other people out there that have had this kind of issues with Direct TV, there may be grounds for a Class Acction Case against them.

Read full review of DirecTV and 8 comments
8 comments
Overwelhmed
Houston, US
May 28, 2013 1:21 pm EDT

DirectTV placed a charge on my credit card for $400 for early cancellation fee of a 2-year contract. I never signed a 2year contract with them. I've asked them to provide me with an agreement I signed agreeing to a 2 yr contract. O f course, they are unable to do so because I never signed a contract with them. I"ve asked my bank to dispute the charges on my credit card as I did not authorize this. T he bank has agreed to do this and not pay DirectTV. However, they may be sending the bill to a collection agency next. What recourse do consumers have? Please let me know.

MARR
Jacksonville, FL, US
Jun 29, 2010 2:45 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I too have been a victim of Direct TV and an 18-month contract. I put up with it for 17 months. Last straw is when I suddenly could not see the local area stations during the day -only before 7:00 am, as if done purposely- and was told that either I paid $155 for them to come and fix the disc and wiring, or I sign up for about $6 month service from then on. I refused and called to cancel. Then, and only then, they would give me some free stations, they would come and put a new dish and wiring (the existing one is only 17 months old...). I told them too little too late. Done and over with them. Then, they send me the final bill with a $20 early cancelation fee. I told them I would, and will NOT, pay for the late fee.

Narayan Ganpath
Albuquerque, US
May 14, 2010 5:20 pm EDT

I am being screwed over by DirecTV for $ 260 -- early term fee. I had to move to a different housing subdivision that does not allow dish installs. No luck speaking to the reps (incompetent liars) or writing to billing disputes department. They all have the same scripted responses and do not care about taking care of their customers. A class action suit will teach them the right lesson.

Ryan Ganpath

Adrobat
Miami, US
Feb 22, 2010 11:56 pm EST

I'm having the same problem with Direct TV. They are charging me for early cancellation when I clearly told them that I have the original flyer that advertises for 12 months and the receiver is leased for 12 months. Both the forms front and back does not specify 18 month contractual agreement. The installer never gave me a form to sign when he installed the dish. As a matter of fact he left a mess of cables all over the floor and I had to clean it up and patch the hole in the wall that he created. Please contact me if there is a class action lawsuit. I'm in
Signed
Ladyamaride@yahoo.com

quank
Boise, US
Feb 08, 2010 2:09 pm EST

They told me I had 30 days to cancell and when I tried to cancel they said you only had 24 hours. Now they want to charge me over $400 for a cancellation fee and wont let me see the "contract" I sighned.

DLHI
5367 S Palouse Hwy, US
Nov 09, 2009 10:55 am EST

I signed on with DTV and the dish was installed on 10/21/09 and today is 11/09 and during that time I have been able to watch only a few hours of Television. To date my TV does not work. Channels change on their own (when the TV displays) most of the time it is black with no picture. A tech came out to my house, pressed a button or 2 and got a local channel and told me (hang on to your hat) the power strip in my entertainment center was acting like a firewall! Talk about a line AND what makes it worse is there was nothing plugged into the power strip in my ECenter and he expected me to believe that line of garbage! I told him the tech that hooked it up plugged the strip in and his response was "We only found out about this on Wednesday 11/04! He left and it wasn't 5 minutes later I was without a picture so I call DTV and they said he would be contacting me; 3 hours later no call so I called back. At that time they told me he couldn't make it and the supervisor would be contacting me. I never heard from the supervisor! I contacted customer retention who said they were going to send a "real technician" out to my house on 11/14 to solve the problem which is yet another line of garbage. So, at this point I will be without service from 10/21 thru 11/14 and getting closer to that 30 day window. I was told by the salesman and technician that hooked me up I had 30 days to cancel the contract but when I started having problems I was told by 2 reps I had 24 hours and the case manager said it was 72 hours! Right, like anyone can evaluate reliability in 72 hours. I told him I wanted to cancel my contract because DTV has not upheld their end of the contract. I have not had reliable service since inception and he told me it would cost me $482! Lawsuit...heck yes! I am more than ready! I would advise anyone to stay away from ALL services that have contracts! Go with cable (I would have if I could) or get a digital antenna and subscribe to NETFLIX OR start playing cards, board games etc. and get to know your family again. I have found TV is like smoking...I have been without it so long now I am getting used to it!

Pastor_George
Upper Mt Bethel, US
Apr 20, 2009 9:38 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I would love to hear what happens with this. We owned our receiver outright and had for many years. One night mysteriously we could not get any PPV channels. After many attempts at "resetting" the receiver the customer service girl said they would have to send us a new set. I was OK thats fine. No mention of "leased" equipment and nothing on any boxes or the device.

I went to cancel today and was told I had an 18 month contract. I too asked to see a singed contract and go the same "you have an activated set so you agree" They want $320 out of me.

Where do we start the lawsuit?

dlwsvcl
Mobile, US
Apr 01, 2009 7:38 pm EDT

I am definately in pursuing a class action lawsuit against Direct TV, DEFINATELY. I am being charged an early termination fee of $378. and only had the service for 2 days. THIS IS A SCAM ORGINAZITION.

7:31 am EST

DirecTV service

Log of complaints with DirecTV
This log is intended as record of problems I have dealt with DirecTV and is intended to be used in case of litigation or as a testimony to either the cable company or DirecTV in the future.

Problem #1 12/16/07
Details: I was recording the Saturday night football game so that I could watch it later this evening. I went to list selected the game and began watching the game. With the score 0 - 0 in the first quarter the TV went blank and a message came on the screen saying that the receiver was resetting. It came back up in a setup program asking questions I could not answer so I called your 1-800#. First of all your automated answering system is rediculous, it took me several minutes to get to talk with someone
that could help me. When I got to customer service they walked me throught the setup and got my service back up BUT the game I had recorded was no longer on my play list and I could not retreive it, so I lost the game that I had been all set to watch. I was warned by others not to leave cable and go to satelite but I didn't listen. Now I know what my friends were warning me about. If this is the kind of experience I can expect form you then I will contact a lawyer to get out of my contract and go to the
internet and tell the truth about Satelite service. I am very disappointed with your service and I've only had it for a few months. I was a cable customer for 20+ years and never had an experience like this.NOT HAPPY

Resolution: 12/19/07
Positive
Called the complaint office and they apologized for the loss of my game and gave me a $10 discount for the next 12 months for a total of $120 discount. Plus if I take the NFL ticket next year they will give me the additional super fan feature for free.

Problem #2 01/05/08
After holding on line for way too long I sent the following complaint through their web site.

Customer 01/05/2008 03:55 PM

[Topic Selected: DIRECTV Billing]

I have been on hold all day trying to talk with an agent so I will try this.

I just received my first bill since coming off the promotion package. You have charged me for two packages. You charged me for Choice @$49.99 AND Plus DVR @$59.99. You should have only charged me for Plus DVR @59.99. Also there are some discrepancies with partial charges in adjustments and credits.

I am not off to a very good start with your company. In fact I have decided to start keeping a journal of all these problems including the times I lose reception in case I have to take action in the future.

Please contact me when you have resolved this issue.

-----Original Message-----
From: DIRECTV Customer Service [mailto:[protected]@directv.com]
Sent: Sunday, January 06, 2008 9:40 PM
To: [protected]@frontiernet.net
Subject: Over billed [Reference #: [protected]]

Over billed

Response (Josephine) 01/06/2008 06:39 PM
Dear Mr. Enscoe,

Thanks for writing and for letting us know your concern about the charges on your DIRECTV account. I appreciate the opportunity to assist you today.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and confusion this situation has caused and I understand that you should only have the PlusDVR package. In order to resolve this, I went ahead and cancelled Choice then issued a total credit of $51.66. You'll see this credit reflected on your next DIRECTV bill, or you can see it immediately by signing into your DIRECTV account online at directv.com/mydirectv and clicking on "View Recent Activity" in the My Account column.

At this time, your account shows a remaining balance of $87.35. If you still have any questions regarding your bill, just write us back or call us at [protected] and one of our Customer Service Representatives will be glad to assist you. You can verify your online bill access by signing into your account and clicking on "View Statement;" you should immediately see a list of at most twenty four statements available for you to view.

I hope this information clarifies your recent bill. Thanks again for writing and stay tuned to directv.com for the latest news and information about our services.

Josephine L.

I replied through email sent Mon 1/7/2008 8:33 AM
Dear
Josephine L.
DIRECTV Customer Service

By my calculation my bill should be $77.35 and not the $87.35 you have stated in the note below. I have a $10.00 monthly credit from an earlier agreement which looks like it has been applied but I see a $10.00 charge for Protection Plan Cancel which I don’t understand. I was on your 4 month promotion plan which expired 12/30/07 so how can you charge me for a cancellation?

Please respond and let me know the resolution to this inquiry.

Chuck & Chieko Enscoe
621 Bending Bough Dr.
Webster, NY 14580

1/7/08 Their Response
RE: Over billed [Reference #: [protected]]

Response (Allain L)
01/07/2008 04:24 PM
Dear Mr. Enscoe,

Thank you for writing us back. I understand your concern about getting charged $10 for canceling the DIRECTV Protection Plan and I apologize for any confusion that this may have caused. Please allow me to address your concern.

I checked your records and found that you signed up for the special NFL SUNDAY TICKET offer that included four months of free PREMIER and DVR Service. Please note that this offer did not include getting the Protection Plan free of charge.

In addition, I'd also like to let you know that you were supposed to keep the Protection Plan for one year. Since you cancelled the Protection Plan within your first year, you were charged a $10 Protection Plan cancellation fee.

I hope this clarifies your concerns. Should you have further questions, please email us back or call us at [protected] and a Customer Service specialist will be most happy to assist you.

Thank you again for writing and giving us the opportunity to respond to your needs.

Allain L.

Summary to problem #2.
They did in fact over bill me and made the correction but on the correction they charged me an additional $10 for canceling my protection plan. The protection plan was something that came with the original promotion and not something I asked for. The charge for the protection plan is $5.99 per month. When I switched over to the plus package the cancel protection plan was already a default selection so I left it that way. Now they tell me there is a $10 penalty for canceling the protection plan within a one year time frame. So they sign you up for a 4 month promotion knowing full well that you will most likely change plans after the promotion period is up and when you don’t select the protection plan they bill you $10, something they never explained in the first place. I could go back and complain some more but it’s just not worth the aggravation I have dealing with these people. I’ll eat the $10 this time and hope my problems go away.

Problem #3 02/01/08
Details: Friday night about 11:45PM signal started getting patchy, breaking up. By midnight I had completely lost the signal caused by ice and snow build up on my dish. This kind of thing only rarely happened with cable.
Resolution: 02/02/08
Positive/Negative: By the next morning I had my signal back, but with cable I wouldn’t have lost the signal.

Problem #4 02/05/08
Details: Tuesday night I tried to rewind the news on channel 10 and the DVR would not rewind. Called [protected] again.

Resolution: 02/05/08
Positive/Negative
After getting through their automated messages and being put on hold I got customer service. I explained the problem to CS and after taking my information and problem description she put me on hold for some time. She realized that she couldn’t help me so she transferred me to Technical support. Again on hold but in less than a minute of hold I got hold of a technician. It took a half hour on the phone with the tech before he realized that there was nothing he could do on his end to fix the problem. I found out that the DVR has never worked properly because he explained that if I hit record in the middle of a program that it should go back to the beginning of the program. Mine never has, if I hit record in the middle of a program it just records from the point I hit record. So this has been faulty from the beginning. They are charging me $19.95 for shipping to send me a new DVR and have me send the old one back. Since I am getting a new DVR I will lose all the programs I have stored on the disc. To appease me they are giving me 3 months of free movie channels so that I can record new movies onto my disc. That’s a $36 value so it makes up for some of my misery. Techs name was Mike employee #410653. When I hook up the new DVR I have to call [protected] pin #1439 which will get me right to Tech support without the crazy automated messages. I need to tell them that I want to activate my new DVR and deactivate my old DVR.

02/09/08 11:56AM
I received my new DVR yesterday afternoon but it was too late in the day to install it as we had company coming over for dinner. I installed the new DVR on Saturday morning.
Old DVR:

Rcv ID [protected]
Ser# B02AF7BA310978
Model # R15-300
Access card # [protected]

The new DVR is much smaller than the old DVR so I had to use the older DVR’s box that I had kept from the original installation to ship the DVR back to DirecTV.
FedEx return shipping info
Shipping label # [protected]
SKU: R15-300C-R
Order # [protected]
PO# [protected]
Ship date: 06FEB08
Trk # [protected]
After installing the DVR I called tech support and spoke with Lawrence who helped me through the guided installation then deactivated the old card and activated the new access card. I related to Lawrence that I spoke with other DirecTV customers and they said that I shouldn’t have to pay the $19.95 shipping because this DVR was defective from the start. Lawrence didn’t argue, he explained that it was a FedEx charge and not DirecTV but because of the circumstances that he would credit my account the $19.95. I thanked him and soon after I got an email from DirecTV showing the transaction.

I also explained that the new DVR was much smaller physically and that I couldn’t use the same shipping box. He said it was ok to use the other box I had in my possession.

End of call was 12:20PM

Keeping a hard copy of this transaction in my Feb billing folder.

Problem #5 2/26/08 8:30 PM

Connecticut at Rutgers basketball was supposed to be shown on channel 621 MSG but when I went to watch it I got a message 721 not available in this area. Called customer service [protected]. Spoke with a Sarah who tried to troubleshoot the problem by having me reset my receiver then she ran me through setup and had me verify satellite data info. None of this worked. She transferred me to the technical department and I spoke with Jeremiah. I had to run through my problem again with him and he put me on hold for several minutes. He got back to me and said I should not be blacked out there must be a problem on their end and that he was going to have to escalate the problem, he sent an email off to engineering letting them know the problem but that doesn’t help me one bit on watching this game. He asked me if he had answered all my questions and I said no he hadn’t answered me on when I could see the game. He answered that it would be resolved when engineering fixed the problem and there was nothing he could do on his end other than apologize. I told him that I was building a case by documenting all these incidents as I never had these problems while I was a cable customer and that I was going to try to get out of my contract. He said once again he apologized but there was nothing more he could do. I got his employee #W2393 and told him that I was an unhappy customer. No basketball game tonight. 9:20PM almost an hour on the phone.

I logged on to DirecTV and sent a message to customer service with the above comments and asked them how I could get out of my contract without paying a penalty. Time of message sent to customer service 9:39PM

Blacked out and missed game

Response (Arlene S) 02/27/2008 04:23 AM
Dear Mr. Enscoe,

Thanks for writing. I'm sorry to hear about the problems you had watching the basketball game. Let me assist you with your concern.

I just wanted to let you know that we received your email and I have forwarded it to a sport specialist who will research your email and follow up with you. Please note that due to high volume it may take a few days for a specialist to contact you. For immediate assistance, please call us at [protected].

Thanks again for writing, we appreciate your patience and understanding.

Arlene S.
DIRECTV Customer Service

Make the most of DIRECTV by registering your account on directv.com. You'll learn about exclusive online promotions, new features of DIRECTV and the latest programs and packages. Visit www.directv.com/register today.
Customer (Entered by Arlene S) 02/27/2008 04:23 AM

[Topic Selected: Sports]

Details: I have pasted the following excerpt from my problem log that I use to document all the problems I have with your service. Problem #5 2/26/08 8:30 PM Connecticut at Rutgers basketball was supposed to be shown on channel 621 MSG but when I went to watch it I got a message 721 not available in this area. Called customer service [protected]. Spoke with a Sarah who tried to troubleshoot the problem by having me reset my receiver then she ran me through setup and had me verify satellite data info. None
of this worked. She transferred me to the technical department and I spoke with Jeremiah. I had to run through my problem again with him and he put me on hold for several minutes. He got back to me and said I should not be blacked out there must be a problem on their end and that he was going to have to escalate the problem, he sent an email off to engineering letting them know the problem but that doesn't help me one bit on watching this game. He asked me if he had answered all my questions and I said no he
hadnt answered me on when I could see the game. He answered that it would be resolved when engineering fixed the problem and there was nothing he could do on his end other than apologize. I told him that I was building a case by documenting all these incidents as I never had these problems while I was a cable customer and that I was going to try to get out of my contract. He said once again he apologized but there was nothing more he could do. I got his employee #W2393 and told him that I was an unhappy
customer. No basketball game tonight. 9:20PM almost an hour on the phone. It is now 9:39PM and as I write this channel 621 has come back on as the basketball game is now over. There is no way I should have missed this game. What do I have to do to legally get out of my contract without paying a penalty?

-----Original Message-----
From: DIRECTV Customer Service [mailto:[protected]@directv.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2008 6:23 PM
To: [protected]@frontiernet.net
Subject: Blacked out and missed game [Reference #: [protected]]

Blacked out and missed game

Response (BP Michael H) 02/27/2008 03:23 PM
Dear Mr. Enscoe,

Thanks for writing. I am sorry that you were not able to view the Rutgers/ UCONN basketball game on Madison Square Garden network. I will be able to address your concern today.

As the provider of the most comprehensive sports programming lineup in the digital home entertainment industry, it's challenging to describe the blackout rules for many different locations and sports briefly. Please visit our web site at directv.com/blackouts for our general blackout FAQ, and click on the specific sports package you're interested in for more detailed information.

We realize blackouts can be confusing and sometimes frustrating to our customers. However, to honor our agreements with the leagues and other owners of broadcast rights, we must pay close attention to the restrictions that we are required to follow.

As a reminder, When you started your DIRECTV account, you were given very specific information regarding cancellation of services before the agreed upon programming commitment. The programming commitment is in return for discounted equipment. We agree to lease you our equipment at a reduced rate and you intern, agree to keep DIRECTV services for a period ranging from 18-24 months.

I hope you find this information helpful and thank you again for writing.

Michael H. ID#U8397

Customer 02/26/2008 06:42 PM

[Topic Selected: Sports]

Details: I have pasted the following excerpt from my problem log that I use to document all the problems I have with your service. Problem #4 2/26/08 8:30 PMConnecticut at Rutgers basketball was supposed to be shown on channel 621 MSG but when I went to watch it I got a message 721 not available in this area. Called customer service [protected]. Spoke with a Sarah who tried to troubleshoot the problem by having me reset my receiver then she ran me through setup and had me verify satellite data info. None
of this worked. She transferred me to the technical department and I spoke with Jeremiah. I had to run through my problem again with him and he put me on hold for several minutes. He got back to me and said I should not be blacked out there must be a problem on their end and that he was going to have to escalate the problem, he sent an email off to engineering letting them know the problem but that doesnt help me one bit on watching this game. He asked me if he had answered all my questions and I said no he

2/27/08
Dear Michael H. ID#U8397
DIRECTV Customer Service

I have read your blackout rules but they are very ambiguous especially the statement “If a local off–air broadcast channel (not ABC, NBC, CBS or FOX) or local cable system has rights to broadcast a game in a certain region, customers in that area will be unable to receive that game through their DIRECTV® subscription(s). “ Does that mean that if Time Warner cable is showing something that DirecTV can’t show it. If so then you couldn’t show anything because Time Warner shows all that you have and more. That can’t be correct or you wouldn’t be able to show anything.

This particular game was broadcast on Channel 621 Madison Square Gardens which is available to my account Plus DVR with Sports Pack. It was not being shown locally on any channel. Your customer service representative (Sarah) verified that I should not be blacked out and tried to fix the problem. She escalated the call to Tech support and your Tech support representative Jeremiah employee ID #W2393 also verified that I should not be blacked out. He was able to see the game on HD but not on 621. So either your own representatives don’t understand the blackout rules or you are incorrect. Since I don’t feel that your correspondence with me has sufficiently addressed the problem I would like this to be elevated to your supervisor for further investigation.

Chuck & Chieko Enscoe
621 Bending Bough Dr.
Webster, NY 14580

RE: Blacked out and missed game [Reference #: [protected]]

Response (Noel B) 02/27/2008 09:11 PM
Dear Chuck & Chieko Enscoe,

Thanks for writing us back about your sports programming concern. I'm sorry to learn that we were not able to address your specific concern with our previous response. I just wanted to let you know that we received your email and I have forwarded it to a specialist who will research your email and follow up with you within the next 48 hours. For immediate assistance, please call us at [protected].

Thank you for your patience and understanding and for providing us with the opportunity to be of service to you.

Noel B.

Customer (Entered by Noel B) 02/27/2008 09:11 PM

Resolution #5: 02/05/08

Subject
RE: Blacked out and missed game [Reference #: [protected]] [Reference #: [protected]]

Response (AV Josh D) 03/01/2008 09:35 AM
Dear Mr. Enscoe,

Thank you for taking the time to write. The reason why the Rutgers and Connecticut game was incorrectly blacked out in your area is not known. We were able to open an escalation to our broadcast department to try and resolve the problem that night as quickly as possible but as you have stated we were unable to resolve the problem before the end of the game. I do apologize that you were unable to see the game due to the technical problems we were experiencing.

We do strive for perfection to not have any of these types of issues arise for customers who are supposed to receive the correct programming but for unspecified technical reasons are not able to receive the programming. Please be aware that we cannot guarantee it will not happen again but we will work as hard as we possibly can to ensure you that all of our customers receive the programming they are supposed to.

Thanks again for writing and I thank you very much for your patience and understanding.

Joshua D. Y4368

Problem #6 3/14/08 7:50 PM

It's happening again. Back on Feb 26th 2008 I called Customer Svc because I could not see the Rutgers vs Conn. baseketball game on channel 621 MSG. Customer svc saw that I should have been able to view that game but was unable to resolve the problem. They escalted the problem to Tech support, they acknowledged that I should be able to receive that channel and supposedly escalated the problem to engineering. I started a string of emails with you which ended with the following email.

" Subject

RE: Blacked out and missed game [Reference #: [protected]]

Response (DI Michael Y)
02/28/2008 05:08 PM

Dear Mr. Enscoe,

Thank you for writing. I understand your concern regarding not being able to watch the Connecticut and Rutgers game on the MSG network, channel 621. I apologize for any inconvenience and I will be happy to assist you. In reviewing your account, I see that you have been a customer for six months, and I want to take a moment to thank you for your continued support of DIRECTV.

I see that the MSG network is one of your local regional sports networks. You are authorized to view the pro and college games shown on that channel. Due to contractual broadcast rights between the networks and the leagues, those who live outside of your area are not authorized to view the same games.

You should have been able to watch the Connecticut versus Rutgers game. If you are not able to watch a game on MSG network, the YES Network, and FSN New York that you should be able to view, please contact us at [protected] twenty four hours every day and we will be happy to assist you with resolving the problem.

Thank you again for writing.

Michael Y. U8843
DIRECTV Customer Service "

I just got off the phone with Elan from customer svc, and Ryan emp#[protected] from Tech support both agreed that I should not be blocked out. Ryan stated that sometimes your engineering department blocks out people who should not be blacked out. I told Ryan that this was supposed to be escalated to engineering on the 26th of Feb but he showed no escalation in his records. So here we are again. I'm missing a very good hockey (Rangers vs. Panthers) game broadcast on channel 621 from 7:30 to 10PM and you still have not resolved the problem. You are not living up to your end of the contractual agreement, you need to fix this problem.

A customer that is not happy.
Mr Charles Enscoe

Subject
Not receiving a program I should be able to see.

Response (Danielle) 03/14/2008 07:38 PM
Dear Mr. Enscoe,

Thanks for writing us back and following up on your previous E-mails. I'm sorry to hear about the continued problems you have experienced. I went ahead and forwarded your follow-up email and additional concerns to a specialist who will contact you within 24-48 hours.

As what was mentioned in the previous reply, normally, we are able to get back to you as soon as possible. Our agents are working overtime to be able to help you as fast as possible, but if you need immediate assistance, please call us at [protected].

We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Danielle D.
Employee ID # [protected]

Subject
Not receiving a program I should be able to see.

Response (CS Kirk S) 03/15/2008 09:30 AM
Dear Mr. Enscoe,

Thank you for writing about the college games and I can address your concern.

I realize that this must be very frustrating for you and certainly understand your concern. This issue was escalated to broadcasting on March 14th, 2008 for further review. Please allow additional time for broadcasting to address this issue.

Thank you again for writing and I hope that I was able to help you. As always our goal is to provide you with excellent customer service and world class entertainment.

Kirk S.
U9311

Resolution #6
Negative
It is now 3/25/08 and they never got back to me as they asked for additional time to resolve the problem.

Problem #7 3/25/08 7:00 AM
Searching for signal message on several channels but the one I wanted to watch was ESPN2 the opening baseball game of the 2008 season, Red Sox and Oakland A’s from Japan. Called customer service and heard a message that they were aware of the problem and that the signal should return soon.

Resolution #7: 03/25/08
Negative
I was put on hold for 11 minutes and when I finally got through I asked what they were going to do for customers to make up for this. I spoke with Axel from Tech support who acknowledged the problem was quite extensive and said that they needed 24hrs to resolve the problem. 24 HRS! That does a lot of good the game is in the third inning right now and I don’t think they will wait for DirecTV to catch up. I asked what they were doing for customers and they said that they could offer one month of Showtime. I asked if there was something else other than Showtime and they said they had nothing else to offer. I told them that I didn’t like Showtime but if that was all they could offer I would take it. The signal came back about 90 minutes later.

Problem #8 3/25/08 8:15 PM
Went channel surfing through my sports package and found on 8 channels that I should be receiving I was getting a message that stated “Channel not purchased (721) Rcvr [protected] Card [protected] “ I went on line and looked at the channel line up for the sports package and according to the web site I should be getting those channels because I purchase the sports package. I called customer service [protected] and spoke with John who verified that I should be getting those channels, he tried some troubleshooting like unplugging the receiver from the wall and then seeing if the situation changed. It did not.

Resolution #8: 03/25/08
Negative
He searched his logs and said he found a note that they were having problems with certain sports package channels and that they were working on the problem at this time but he had no estimate on when the problem would be fixed. He apologized and said that the next time I called in to customer service that he had put in his notes that I would receive some sort of compensation for this inconvenience.

Problem #9 3/27/08 9:30 PM
Went channel surfing again through my sports package. Yesterday I was getting the stations I had problems with in problem #8 but today I’m back to having 6 channels that give me the message “Channel not purchased (721) Rcvr [protected] Card [protected] “ Spoke with Amy and related the problem, she saw that she could not resolve the problem so she transferred me to Tech support. Stephen explained that I was being blocked from seeing the game because of contractual agreements with professional sports. That to see the hockey game I was trying to watch I would have to purchase the center ice package. Since it was being shown on center ice it could not be shown on the sports package and the would be the case with all professional sports.

I explained to him that I was told when I purchased the sports package that I needed the sports package to see MSG, YES, SNY, the channels I always watch to see the Mets and Yankees, and that now I find out that this was not the case, since I subscribe to choice extra I am entitled to those channels even without the sports package. So I was lied to seven months ago and have been paying $12 a month for something that I’m not interested in. I was so angry with DirecTV that I demanded to be reimbursed but they refused. I cancelled the sports package immediately and hung up on Stephen.

Resolution #9 3/27/08 10:00PM
A three Advil moment.

Problem #10 11/24/08 9:30 PM

This is not really problem #10 it’s probably more like #20 I just got tired of writing complaints. The above complaints mostly involved me calling them and using this as a log to keep track of what goes on. I have had so many complaints about missing Syracuse basketball games, missing Mets and Yankees baseball games because for one reason or another they blocked the signal that I just gave up logging them in. Well I am writing this the morning after (11/25) I lost satellite hookup to ESPN on a Monday night. I was recording Syracuse basketball on ESPN2 and watching Monday night football on ESPN. It was a great game for SU against Florida a 2 pt game and I lost the feed at half time so I don’t know what happened and of course I lost the football game in the second qtr and don’t know what happened there either.

It’s 7am now 11/25 and I am going to call [protected]. Office was closed for general support so they directed me to try online support. It is now 20 minutes later. It took that long to get through the screens and submit my complaint/question, they forced me to choose categories for my email that didn’t fit the profile of my complaint. More later.

Read full review of DirecTV and 19 comments
19 comments
W
W
Wayne
Aug 27, 2008 5:31 pm EDT

Trying to get emergency service is a joke.I cut my neighbors Directv line while mowing.called to arrange someone to fix it, what a joke.6 days before they will come out.Meanwhile my 76 year old neighbor has no cable and its my fault.So what do ya do, i say call the competitor and sign up for their Sat tv service, bet they can get it installed b4 i can get it repaired.Directv Service SUCKS!

KKJohnson44
Colona, US
Jun 26, 2009 3:12 pm EDT

DirecTV cut my cable for my Hughes Net when they installed their dish, since I was not using Hughes Net at the time. I never gave permission for them to do that. Since 6/18, I am charged $72.32 for Hughes Net and they said I have to pay for the service call for them to come out and reinstall a new cable. DirecTV said they will not pay it, since it is not their problem and that their service people do it all the time. They did not think anything was wrong about them doing that. Since, I have learned this has happend to other people and DirecTV needs to stop getting away with it!

rhaldee
Homosassa Springs, US
Jul 20, 2009 6:44 pm EDT

mediately contacted them.
They give me a run around with transferring me to four different people then making me explain the same thing each time what my complaint was .
The last person I spoke with told me they were protecting the company and not the customer. So therefore I then filed aIn February I had a contract with Directs to get their service for a given amount,
The first billing was correct the second billing was incorrect and I im complaint with the state. The state informed me that Directv refused to cooperate.
They advised me that I would need to use the court system or to complain to the Attorney General office about possible fraud,
Directv finally answered to the state but did not offer any solutions to this problem.

Lisa Kingsleys
Hudsonville, US
Dec 01, 2009 10:50 am EST

I am blown away to see I'm not standing alone with EXTREME problems with DirecTV! I was moving about 2 miles, had just bought my first home, was crazy happy. Wanted a service that was a bundled package and especially looking to be able to watch the Patroits play because my fiance is from Massachusetts. And if anyone knows someone from there, you know that are crazy Patriots and Red Sox fans! Called Directv because I was told they were the only ones where you could get this and the other things I needed. The girl I spoke with was awesome! Promised me everything I asked for. "Bundled package Deal" with NFL Sunday Ticket explaining that she had just watched a Patriots game the other night! Movie channels, and of course my "other" issue, the internet was going to be partnered with AT&T however would be shipped out to me about a week after my installation of the other! On the day that the internet did NOT arrive I immediatly called. Try to get help from anyone there you speak with...I dare you! Very long story short, after having just TV service and no NFL Sunday Ticket which by the way they will tell you it's on your account but you can't view it on your TV! Having this service for about 8 days I've been charged almost 800.00 folks! Yes, a little over 200.00 for a security deposit, and a bit over 500.00 this past week directly drawn out of my checking account UNAUTHORIZED! Went to my bank and they have also filled 2 seperate claims to dispute to help me get my money back. I had written a letter, as instructed, by "a Supervisor at DirecTV" to the dispute department in Colorado and have been patiently waiting for them to get back with me. And then next thing I know, over 500 bucks taken right out of my account! Meanwhile, I just sent a check for my new mortgage payment and my new Jeep payment! Thank God my bank is not going to let anything more bad happen to my account and are going to help me with the checks that I sent out.
I am going to make this my lifes mission to make sure I am heard by Directv and paid back the money they STOLE from my family! This company needs to be put OUT OF SERVICE!
I've also filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and waiting to hear back from them as well. I don't want anything from Directv except the exact $ amount they stole.
Lisa Kingsley

Staceylynn76
Essexville, US
Dec 26, 2009 11:22 am EST

I signed up for Directv and had it installed Dec. 24. Saturday they disconnected me because there was a family member who had an unpaid bill. I never even lived with this family member and they are penalizing me for his actions. For some reason his name shows up as a relative that lived with me. Now I either pay his past due balance or I stay disconnected. I paid $379 (needed a $300 deposit) and now I have no choice but to pay it or else I'm out that money.

TawnyDanae
Jul 09, 2010 4:25 pm EDT

Directv is horrrible and no one should use them. They promise everything when you try to sign up and do not come through at all. I asked for On Demand, was told I would have it and was given the wrong box. Then I was told I had to pay a $100 for the guy to come out and deliver the correct box. Then they said I could change names on the account since I originally took on the account when my brothers credit was not good, then when I tried to switch it was against their policy. I told them I was referred to get my friend a credit and then they didn't give the credit since I dialed the wrong phone line.

I would never recommend them. They have too many people working their that do not know their policies. Then they stick you in long contracts that cost you a fortune to get out when they constantly make mistakes.

Euphoman
Las Vegas, US
Dec 03, 2010 4:23 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Be careful if you pay your DirecTV monthly bill early. They will send you emails demanding that you pay your bill in full by the due date. I paid my monthly bill via the bank on the day that the bill was received. Two weeks later I get emails from DirecTV stating that, as the bill is falling due, I should make payment in full before the due date. rtepeated attempts to sort it out failed miserably. Roll on 2011 when I can run awaqy from DirecTV as fast as I can. Dish network or COX TV here I come.

sjbasham1955
Gahanna, US
Mar 16, 2011 8:12 pm EDT

Directv was installed 2/28/11. The installer was clueless and said he has no idea how surround sound is connected. He tells me I have to use two controllers, one for turning off and on the tv and the second one for turning off and on the Directv box. At the same time I can't increase or decrease my volume on the Directv controller with out moving the toggle switch from Directv to AV2, change the volume then moving the switch back to Directv to change the channel. Three times in one day we turned off the TV and when we turned it back on there was no audio. We had to reboot the system to get the audio back. Everytime I called all I was told was "I am sorry" then either transfered to someone else or disconnected. Finally I got the name of the President, Michael White [protected] located at POB 6550 Greenwood Village, CO 80155 (must be cramped in that POB). I didn't get to talk to Mr. White (of course) but did speak to Mike ID#U143. He was "very sorry" but would not let me out of our contract and for me to receive the services I requested in the first place I would need to pay an additional $200 for the two HD DVRs that I would need for the whole house package. I refused! He kept reminding me that these are discounted (origional $199 now $99) WELL THANK YOU but NO WAY!
There is so much more that is wrong with the service.
I am exausted and all my anger got me no where. I am stuck with crappy service and "I am sorry" mode til my contract is up.

Fame2002
Port St. Lucie, US
Oct 14, 2011 3:10 pm EDT

To Whom it may concern:
On October 13th 2011 I had, had enough of my picture constantly going out due to the rain. I had just finished trying to watch a show I had recorded from the night before only to find that over 20 minutes of the show didn’t record due to the rain the night before. The 5 days before this it had been raining quite a bit and during that time I had no picture regularly, there were periods where my picture was out for 2-4 hours at a time. Living in Florida during the summer it rains a lot, and I had the same thing throughout the summer. UFC pay per views that I spent $50 dollars a piece on with a house full of friends ready to watch the fights only to have the picture go out for half of them including the final two rounds of a championship fight. Needless to say after one of my favorite shows not recording I was at the end of my rope. I called in to cancel my service, I had had it. I called the 1-800-DIRECTV phone number and after telling the automated system I was calling to cancel I was put through to Oscar in the retention department. I told Oscar my problems and frustrations and he began offering me things to try to keep my business. I kept telling him I wasn’t interested and that what he was offering me just wasn’t enough to deal with not having a picture half of the time. First he offered me a $50 credit off my bill for the month, I said no, then he offered me Showtime free for 12 months on top of the $50 credit, I said no. The next thing he offered was an additional $10 off my bill per month for 12 months on top of the other things, still I said no. His next offer was to add the NFL Sunday Ticket for free to my account on top of the other offers, to this I decided that may be worth staying for so I told him ok, but that I wanted a technician to come out and check my dish. We set up a date and time for the technician to come out, Oscar gave me a confirmation number and another phone number of [protected]. After putting me on hold for a couple minutes we were done and I was happy.
About 6 hours later when I got home I decided to check out what was on Showtime only to find that I wasn’t getting the channels. So I once again called Direc tv. This time I got Melinda on the phone employee id # [protected]. Melinda pulled up my account and told me that there were no notes on my account, that nothing had been done, and that the system showed that I hadn’t called in since February. I told her about the entire conversation earlier with Oscar, and all the things that I had been promised all of which I had written down. She put me on hold for several minutes and came back only to tell me that all of the things that were promised to me to keep my business could not be honored and that the only thing she could do was give me Showtime free for 3 months. I was furious. Here I’ve been a loyal customer with Direc Tv for years, stayed with Direct Tv even after years of frustration of my picture going out, only to be told that everything that was promised to me I could not get. I spent close to a half hour of my day on the phone with Oscar for nothing, and I spent over a half hour on the phone with Melinda dealing with this. I asked her about the fact that the system told me the conversations were being recorded and that I wanted the conversation to be pulled up. Her response was that’s for training and that’s not possible. Then she told me the only other thing she could do was offer me the NFL Sunday Ticket at HALF PRICE! I told her absolutely not, that Direct Tv was not getting another dime out of me, I should be getting money from them for the horrible service and frustration I’ve had to go through. Melinda’s attitude was one that I really couldn’t believe, it was one of just not caring at all, like she didn’t care if I stayed with Direc Tv or not, like my business was nothing to the company. I told Melinda that I wasn’t even going to bother trying to talk to a supervisor and that I’d be calling Comcast and once I had a date scheduled for the cable to be hooked up Id call back and cancel service with Direc Tv, and she very easily let me off the phone.
I want you-Direc Tv to know that I intend on complaining to every single agency, website and forum that I can possibly find. I’m going to let everyone know exactly what kind of “service” you provide and the dirty tactics you employ to try and keep customers. I also plan on letting all of my customers my company deals with about your company. You see in owning a, lets just say technology based company my employees see a lot of customers every day, often times customers will ask us whats the best computer we recommend or tv and very often we are asked about cable and satellite providers and before we would always recommend Directv, you can bet that will never happen again. This issue with me ultimately will cost your company tens of thousands of dollars if not more, youre not just losing one customer. To be promised something only to be told you can’t have it is ridiculous. Your reliability percentages are lies, fabricated to earn you business from your competitors. You can still do the right thing, but by my experience with your company to this point, I’m sure I’ll never hear a thing from you. Maybe I’ll be proved wrong.
Shane Horton

fedupalreadyagain
Martinsburg, US
Apr 04, 2012 6:17 am EDT

I have been a customer for 10+ years. As of 2012 I have had nothing but problems with Directv's (lack of) customer service and technical support. You call and you are on the phone for 1+ hour being bounced around, call disconnected, to call back and bounce around again. No notations are put on the account about the calls and concerns. No one owns up to the company's mistakes and poor service. You complain via email, writing to corporate, and even verbal while calling customer service. All fall on deaf ears and blind eyes. I am tired of being on their hamster wheel along with all the other dissatisfied customers. Put more training and effort into your customer service, communications, and fulfill the obligations and responsibilities us as customers pay for.

6:04 am EST

DirecTV scam artists

My cable bill was out of control so I called Direct TV last month and asked about their options. I was told their options and chose one which best fit my family. I was told I would get a discount for one year if I agreed to a two year contract. I agreed. They said I would get a discount if I bundled and included ATT as my internet provider. So, I checked the price of ATT internet prices and they were equal to what I was currently paying, so I agreed.

She told me what my total was for my Direct TV and that included four receivers. I asked her if the price she just quoted me was a one time charge for the receivers or monthly, she chuckled, of course it was only a one time charge, so, I agreed. I got my first bill and there was no discount for anything. Then I got my bill for this month, the second bill. They had charged me for the receivers again and there was still no discount for the two year contract agreement or for signing up for ATT.

I called Direct TV and was told that I had to pay monthly for each of the receivers and I must have misunderstood the sales person. I am now paying way more for my cable then before I signed up for direct TV. She woman on the phone said that I was not receiving my discounts because they had never been activated so she activated them but would not make them retroactive to last month's bill. My bill is not exactly what it was before I switched to Direct TV.

I asked the woman on the phone to pull up the recorded conversation of my order where the woman tells me that the receivers were only a one time charge when I ask her. The woman told me that she could not listen to the conversation and if I wanted the recorded conversation, I would have to subpoena the recording.

When I told her to cancel my service, she said that she would have to charge me $400 for canceling my service. I was outraged. They lied about charging me for the receivers and then when they did not hold up their end of the bargain, they wanted to charge me $400 to cancel my contract.

I will continue to get hosed by Direct TV and after my contract is over, I will not stay with them. Do not sign a contract with Direct TV and record all your conversations with them. They are scam artists.

Read full review of DirecTV and 5 comments

5 comments
James
Jul 28, 2009 5:57 pm EDT

I discovered that Direct TV did not install HD after 2 years of paying for the service and they refuse to come out to correct the problem unless I pay for a service call; they refuse to refund my money and refuse to remove the charge from my bill.

Angela
Feb 08, 2010 1:30 pm EST

My husband has been given orders to go back to Iraq, so he canceled with direct TV. Military personnel can not be held to contracts whenever they are called to duty because the service is of no use to them. He canceled on Dec. 4th 2008 by phone and email. The first week of January, we were shocked to see that direct TV had taken $544 from our checking account without permission or without giving a notice. My husband called Direct TV and the lady apologized for the mistake and said the money would be returned to our account immediately. After a few days, the money had not been returned, so my husband called again. This time a man told him it would be 7-10 business days. By this time, we had bounced many checks, because I had mailed out bills not knowing this money would be stolen from my account. I sent an email about the stress and hardship it was causing my family and got another apology and this person said that it would take up to 6 weeks! My husband called very upset and was told this time that Direct would not take responsibilty for the $410 in bad check fees they had caused, yet the week before he was told that Direct TV would refund the bad check fees. This is over $900 they have cost me during an extremly stressful time. I do not have money that kind of money to spare.

This is my husband's third time going to war, I have three small children, and no family to help me because both parents are dead and I live in another state from my in-laws. Thank you direct TV, for supporting your military.

SpotSterling
Camden, US
Oct 18, 2010 5:15 pm EDT

I totally agree with Direct TV being a rip off. I took advantage of an offer from Direct TV and AT&T. When my Direct bill came it was more than I agreed. Same crapola from customer service. Told me I must have misunderstood. I am so happy to find out that after all these years I can't hear correctly, can't read correctly, and cannot understand simple agreement terms. And now to see the CEO of Direct TV on the tv show claiming it was his aim to "work out some bugs"- lol- why not start with the fraudulent way that the original sign-up agreements are being handled.

JD1983
medina , US
Jan 10, 2010 12:16 am EST

Kinda messed up on your part that u don't know what you have after 2 years. Plus there is a 10 dollar fee for HD access a month and you can remove it online or they will be happy to remove it. I Love directv and there service. But come on, how do you not know what you are being billed for after 2 years?

G. Womack
Mar 12, 2009 10:47 am EDT

I also was lied to on the phone when I ordered their service and was NOT told about any refund/rebate to bring my total down. I turned them into the BBB and got a response but I WILL NOT accept their offer to issue the $18.99 per month for 12 month rebate because I will NOT agree to pay $52.99 per month for the basic package. I was told it was $29.99 per month except for the first month which included some sort of fees . . . by the time the second month bill came, I realized I had been scammed. I also requested they listne to my conversation with their sales agent but they said they did not record it. . . let's all go to the attorney general's office! That's where I'm headed.

1:21 pm EST

DirecTV direct tv is cheating the public

1. Direct tv refused to suspend tv service after i made this request by phone. They said my current bill had to be paid. The current bill was not overdue. I have been a customer for several years, have always paid my bills, have never had a billing problem.

2. Direct tv refused to suspend my tv service after i made the request a second time by way of a written note. I paid the current bill by its due date. I enclosed a note to suspend the service. Based on what direct tv had told me - the bill had to be paid and then they would suspend service.

3. Direct tv billed me a monthly charge after i had suspended service twice - by phone and by written note. Seems there is no communication between the billing department that received my written note and the department that suspends service; and, therefore, i must pay for a month of service after i had twice requested suspension of that service.

4. Direct tv refused to suspend my tv service after i made the request a third time, by phone. Direct tv said the the charges billed me for the month after i had twice requested suspension of service, by phone and by written note, had to be paid first before they would suspend service.

This company is outrageous. Direct tv is cheating the public with made up charges, making it difficult to suspend service so they can collect extra charges. This cheating company should not be allowed to operate in any area where there is no competitor. Their license should be suspended in all areas where they have no competition.

mac2920
Hanover Park, US
Mar 05, 2009 10:29 am EST

Yes I have just experienced the same thing and catch this one. I had service for 18 months which was my commitment term-I cancelled one week after the 18 month-they charged me $125.00 for early termination and just yesterday I got socked with a a$52.82 cent charge. I called their customer service and you are transferred to the Philippines. I asked to speak with a manager and they told me this was for pay per view events that showed up on my access cards from 2007! Well I tried to tell this idiot that my phone line was never connected to any receiver so therefore I never got the event and yet you can try and steal my money from me 18 months later? There needs to be something done about this company legally. I am furious. Not only did I fill my commitment but also I had the most expensive HD package they carried for 5 rooms. How can this company be allowed to do this?

11:28 am EST

DirecTV equipment maintenance

Direct tv charges a monthly fee for each receiver you have in your home.In addition, they charge account termination fees.
I did not know however, that direct tv does not handle the continued maintenance on their receivers. If any of your receivers stop working, be prepared to fork over up to $300 each, to replace them. This is required in ignorance of the fact that you do not own this equipment (even if you purchased it) , and pay the monthly fees associated to them. So be sure to purchase their insurance for $6.00 a month. Yes, you must insure equipment that you do not own! I do not blame direct tv for this public dis-service; I blame the fcc. The fcc was created to protect consumers from unscrupulous behavior from these companies, but has their hand to far down the payoff jar and their heads too far up their own *-?@# to do anything about it! Proceed with caution.

8:28 pm EST

DirecTV unauthorized charges - refusal to give back for 8 weeks

When my husband & I got an account with Direct TV, we made the mistake of giving them our credit card. Just recently we disconnected our service with Direct TV and instead of sending us a final bill, the slapped a charge on our credit card for the final payment. In addition to that, the didnt receive our receivers and dvr back as soon as they think they should have and they slapped another 333.27 dollar charge on our credit card. The receivers and dvr have all been received, and I just spoke with Emp#
415369, regarding our acount and I asked for a credit to our account for 333.27 and she told me that it was Direct TV's policy to not refund the money until Jan 5, 2009. They have charged our card fraudently and know they have and refuse to credit back our account for at least 7 more weeks. This is ridicoulous and I will never do any business with Direct TV again.

L
Lets get back what direct tv taken
akron, US
Dec 13, 2008 10:07 am EST

My name is Georgia Smith. I am writing to get a group of people together that has suffered from direct TV unethical business. I was ripped off by direct TV for 700.00 on the DEC 1 2008 the money was taken out of my account unauthorized. I am now not able to buy no Christmas gifts for my 5 children or grandchild. I am still trying to come up with bill money because I had to get loans just to pay my 850.00 rent so we would not be on the streets during the holidays. If you or any one you know are willing to email me your names and info and your story I am willing to find all necessary means to take this company down. If any fees would be involved I am sure with the great number of people as a team it will be worth trying to find funds to get back what we loss plus some for our pain and suffering. Please email me back at this email and Forward to others that you know so we can get this info out to everyone. God bless and reply soon baebae2_2000yahoo.com

11:49 pm EST

DirecTV misrepresentation-contract fraud

I ordered Directv through Verizon services (surely the topic of another complaint). The customer service rep at Verizon quoted a price of $34.00, and cents for monthly service as part of the package. I declined the "free" DVD recorder, as it is not free at all because of a monthly maintenance charge, and asked for the basic service in a follow-up call to Directv. Today I received a bill for $55.99. I called to cancel the service. Enough is enough. The customer rep did not want to listen to my simple request: Cancel My Service and started telling me about rebates. OK, so I listened, and the rebates, if begun, and I do not know for how long, would not bump the price down to $34.00 and cents, it would bump it to $42.99.

But the worst part... no one at Verizon or Directv told me I was getting an 18 month contract. Oh, yes, now that I go read the fine print, its hidden there, but, can you imagine a company, and that includes both Verizon and Directv never ever letting on in my various verbal contacts that I was signing up for an 18 month contract, and now it is going to cost me $360.00 to cancel my services. I do not have this kind of money for this.

4:53 am EST

DirecTV fraudulent practices

I do not dispute that I did owe a past due balance, but because of financial issues, was unable to pay account on time. Just by chance I checked my bank balance and found that Direct TV had billed my account for $303 by using my debit card number which I had used in paying previous bill. However at no time did I authorize Direct TV to use my debit card at their discretion, and the debit was only used to pay a specific monthly Charge.

I had to go to my bank and file a formal affidavit which the bank then used to retrieve the charges, and deposited the money back into my account, the bank also refunded to my account $105 in overdraft charges caused by this money having been removed without my authorization.

In discussion with bank officials, I found that this is a common problem they have had with Direct TV, and I was not the only person who had experienced this. I suggest you do not EVER give Direct TV your debit or credit card number because once it is on file, they apparently will charge against your account even though you have not specifically given them authority to do so.

Just Beware and watch your statement, even better if you have online banking check your balances frequently, because the sooner you catch something like this, the faster you can move to correct it.

Read full review of DirecTV and 5 comments

5 comments
mac2920
Hanover Park, US
Mar 05, 2009 10:33 am EST

Yes I have just experiences the same thing and catch this one. I had service for 18 months which was my commitment term-I cancelled one week after the 18 month-they charged me $125.00 for early termination and just yesterday I got socked with a a$52.82 cent charge. I called their customer service and you are transferred to the Philippines. I asked to speak with a manager and they told me this was for pay per view events that showed up on my access cards from 2007! Well I tried to tell this idiot that my phone line was never connected to any receiver so therefore I never got the event and yet you can try and steal my money from me 18 months later? There needs to be something done about this company legally. I am furious. Not only did I fill my commitment but also I had the most expensive HD package they carried for 5 rooms.

Concerned Consumer2
Slidell, US
May 21, 2011 12:13 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I called Direct TV in January to get internet services, I'm new to the area and when I called what I thought was the only internet provider, they informed me that they did not go that far(1 mile) off the main road. Someone suggested that I go satellite, and that's when I called Direct TV. I plainly explained to the phone sales rep. that I wanted internet services, he quickly says, "Yes Sir.. we have that in our bundle, let me get you signed up for TV first and then I'll transfer you over to "OUR" internet department" Everything happened so fast, within the hour Direct TV was here to install my Dish to get the ball rolling. The "Free Installation" went right out the window. Even though there was a pole already in the yard, cable already ran, the service guy says, " That's a substandard pole, I'll have install an upgraded one, and there will be a service charge of $75.00 paid in cash for that" I'm still thinking that my internet service will be up and running within a week. After the week passes and "No Internet" I make the call to complain, I'm informed at this time that my internet services were being provided by AT&T. I hang up and call AT&T, it took a minute before I realized that my internet service was coming through my phone line and "Not" being provided by Direct TV. It was at that time I realized that I had been "SCAMMED" by the Direct TV sales rep. My first call to cancel my service(which in first our conversation I was told I could cancel within the first thirty days, just another lie ) right away the guy takes the defensive and starts telling me that Direct TV will charge my card anywhere from $540.00 to $600.00. The he proceeds to tell that it would be in my best interest to keep it for the first year and that way Direct TV wouldn't take as much, he informed that everyone does it like that. I'm still trying to make him understand that I don't watch TV, I've not watched in 6 years...Needless to say the circle talking telemarketers that Direct TV employs, got me off the phone looking for alternative actions. I tried, watching TV and the only thing that I could get was "771 searching for signal" Now I'm furious, I call Direct TV, I'm screaming, cursing, and telling them to come get this piece of crap off my property, A week goes by, I call again, more aggravated now than I've ever been, more screaming, more cursing, they tell me that they're going to send someone out to look at it. I inform them that they can pick everything up since their guy will be here, I'm done. Well he gets here and the first words out of his mouth are, "How long have you been with Direct TV?" I say, "a few months, " he says why would they(Direct TV) install an outdated system for new customers". He also couldn't pick up my equipment without loosing his job, so he said.
Well I know why I got an outdated system it was all that was on the guys truck when they dispatched him to get this installed as quickly as possible before I realized that they were not providing me Internet Service.

My suggestion to anyone is stay away from these con artist, do business with reputable companies. For all those, scammed into their contracts, close your checking account, cancel your credit card and prepare for battle with these crooks

jamesbell01
Derby, US
Aug 10, 2009 10:02 am EDT

Direct TV took 200 out of my account WITHOUT authorization on 8-07-09 and I filled a "customer dispute affidavit" as well to retrieve my money. I am attempting to obtain the names of the Director of finance Dept and request a bill credit for more than the 200 due to the head aches . Patric Doyle is supposedly the executive Direcote of the finance dept, fax [protected]. I have not been able to get an email or any other names thus far. Do NOT give them or companies like them, your card numbers. James Bell in KS

H
H
HatesDirecTV
Jersey City, US
Mar 05, 2009 11:26 am EST

Not only do they give horrible customer service but they outsource their work and I was robbed by one technician and my property damaged by another. When I tried to contact DirecTV, I got a sarcastic, nasty so called manager. I finally tracked down their corporate headquarters in Californication and they never called me back. There is no place you can reach them. Everytime I try their 800 number I get a snotty person who will not give me any information. Their repair man robbed me and the other one broke my TV screen with his gigantic ghetto necklace.

Stay away from DirecTV as they don't give a damn about you.

dana
Nov 26, 2008 6:23 pm EST

I have a similar situation. We moved and a transfer of service was set up. The installer, who was supposed to be there at 9am, didn't show up until 10pm. When he got to our new home he stated there was no way we could get direct tv due to the large trees in the way. we called direct tv and let them know what the problem was and the complaints we had. The direct tv rep understood that they were unable to continue our service therefore the service was cancelled. a month later our credit card was charged $350.00! We called Directtv and they said it was an early cancellation fee. I explained to them that direct tv was not able to provide service therefore it was not our fault. why should we get billed? We also did not give authorization for the charge. the rep agreed and waived the fee. a few weeks passed and still no refund. our credit card added up finance charges etc... Finally i called again to find out what the hold-up was. The rep stated that the fee waiver was sent to another dept and was declined at that point. They proceeded to say we were not going to recieve the refund due to the new decision the finance dept had made. Does that make sense to anyone?! I then was directed to send a typed letter of appeal to the company. First off why should I be going through all of this trouble when obviously direct tv was the one who broke their contract. I recieved a response finally after numerous calls. They were refunding my money. Well to this day I still do not have my refund. It's been over 4 months and still nothing. Someone has to do something about this company stealing money from the everyday working american. 350.00 may not be alot to a company but for me during these economic times it's quite substantial. I have tried to request all documents and taped calls regarding my account under the freedom of info act however they say they are not a federal agency therefore the FOI act does not apply. does anyone know what federal statute i may request these documents under? Would it be the personal data act? Or can anyone offer some advice as to how to retrieve my refund.

7:26 am EST

DirecTV scam charges

After canceling my Direct TV subscription (Cable is cheaper and is unaffected by weather) Direct TV sent boxes for the receivers to be returned in, but on the same day made an unauthorized charge to my account for the amount of $1032.70. I returned the receivers the same day and they received them the next day but they still have not refunded my money. That was 3 weeks ago. They also assessed an early cancellation charge of $70. I had a one year contract and canceled after 1 1/2 yrs!

They also charge extra for HD service but you do not get the HD channels unless you pay extra for them! Their service is NON EXISTANT, quality is crappy, they do not have the slightest idea of what customer service is or how to achieve it, and they are a RIPOFF.

My bank said when you sign their agreement you are agreeing that they can charge your account for the equipment, and that they have 30 days to issue a credit once you return it. BEWARE OF THE FINE PRINT!

Stick with anyone but DIRECTV!

Read full review of DirecTV and 13 comments

13 comments
Victor
May 11, 2009 4:31 pm EDT

I competed a year contract with Direct TV. My job wasn't going as well as it had in the past. I called to cancel my service. I was talked into, putting my account on a 6 month suspension. During the 6 months, I had moved to a different location, and had left the dishes at the old residence. When the 6 months was up, they automatically started charging me for the service again without any warning. I called them several times, and I told them I had no way of receiving the signal, as the dishes were at the old place. They refused to drop the $63.00 charge, for a service, I did not, and could not receive. The woman from customer service was very rude on the phone. I informed them that I would never use their service again, I felt like they really took advantage of me. I feel I should have received something in the mail, to inform me. I would not let them talk me into this situation if I were you.

Peter
Jul 18, 2009 12:33 pm EDT

We were issued a new credit card, called compant with new info---our next bill had a$5, 00 charge for "phone service" They refused to take it off!

Nelson
Jul 22, 2009 5:38 pm EDT

Direct TV has been overcharging me for a year. For the first 6 months I called every month to complain. Several times, after waiting 15-20 minutes for a live person, I gave up. Several times I have spoken to someone but received nothing but double talk. When I tried to cancel they said they would charge me for canceling early and if I did not pay, they would report it to the credit bureau. It is a case of their forcing me to complete a 2 year commitment and making no real attempt to solve a customers problem. So far, I have convinced 6 family, friends, and neighbors not to go with Direct TV.

Tom
Aug 05, 2009 6:37 pm EDT

Directtv tryed to cheat me too! And I never got Directtv because my apt was facing the wronge way. But they charged my credit card anyways the activation fees and a deposit fee and charged me for a months service. Again I never got there service because the guy who came out to my apt. said My bld. was facing the wronge way and there was no signal. Needless to say when I got my bill and statement from my credit card company I was Pist! I got my money back but not soon enuf. It should of never happend in the first place. I wonder how many people don't look at there statement and just pay there bill. I really don't think Directtv would of gave it back unless cought.

Paparazi
Jan 06, 2010 3:21 pm EST

Have you set up to watch a football game and the pregame show is getting ready to come on and up on the screen you are asked if you would like to watch the pregame show it will cost $44.99 and you say to yourself wait a minute I have Sunday ticket. THat's when you have to get on the phone and wait and explain that you pay for sunday ticket why can't you watch the pregame. The operator tells you they no longer offer the pregame show with the Sunday ticket. Wrong he resets the account and then we have it. Now this week we can't watch the game in HD even though we pay $9.99/month for HD and the cost of Sunday ticket that isn't enought apparantly we need to spend more probably superfan. Enough is enough.

kb2vzj
Stigler, US
Dec 30, 2010 4:57 am EST

DTV SCAM. Check your credit card and bank statements. Direct TV is doing multiple charges on cards and when you call the number referencing the charge, the electronic voice tries to have you say yes to service. I have never had DTV and Never will.

Direct TV Stole $435.22 from us even though we have never used them nor ever will

Direct TV - If you have been ripped off please submit a internet complaint to your states Attorney General's Office. Just do a google search. I filed my complaint and it took about 15 minutes. They will look into it and if many people complain then we should all get money via a class action suit. Good luck

DTV Scam - If you have been ripped off by Direct TV, Please goto the Direct TV Facebook Page and click report page on the bottom left as spam. If enough people do this, maybe Facebook will remove their ad page and a few less people will be ripped off.

Also go here: http://www.complaintsboard.com

And file a complaint: It will show up on Facebook so everyone can see.

KarateBubba
Kenner, US
Mar 02, 2011 5:03 pm EST

Called Direct TV technical services and was told, after going through an endless set of instructions and steps, that the problem with my DVR (it would turn itself off and could only be reset by disconnecting and then reconnecting the power source) could be alleviated with a service call during which a technician would realign my dish. The problem was the dish!

The technician came out, I directed him to the dish, and he asked to go inside to check out the problem.
The technician discovered, as I suspected, that the DVR that I was "leasing" was broken and needed replaced. It should be noted that that's what I complained about to the online techie ("it turned itself off three times and I had to unplug it to reset it)!

Here's the scam: 1. I was never told that there would be a charge. 2. The issue diagnosed by the online techie was incorrect at the very least, and bogus as the scam unfolded. 3. I was never offered a "do it yourself" option, " which would have cost me nothing other than my time (I still wait time for the visiting technician, so...?)) 3. The technician who came to the house NEVER mentioned a charge for any service and/or replacement cost. 4. The charge was automatic.

I was automatically billed to my AMEX card and promptly called them to dispute the charge. I did call Direct TV and they believe it to be a "legitimate" charge. It is not, based on my specific situation.

Can't wait for my contract to be over in October. I count the days!
BTW: quality is terrible. It has never been better than cable. I made a terrible mistake signing up with Direct TV. I do not recommend it to anyone, and in survey, give it a 0 out of 10 in almost every aspect of the company. I hope to have another opportunity to evaluated them!

Shirl Dent
Bluefield, US
Jan 05, 2011 5:02 pm EST

Worst business practices I have seen in free America. I think we need to be notifying the Attorney General of the state they are headquartered in.

dtv lawsuit
Santa Ana, US
Sep 29, 2009 12:41 pm EDT

CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT! I have free legal service and I'm on my way to his office. Where's the F.C.C. when you need them. The band of theives known as direct TV need to be stopped but how? They took $1249.11 Illegally from my checking account for an account I don't have, and got away with it! Oh yeah i changed banks too little too late. CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT!

mouser
Huntington, US
Jul 18, 2009 4:58 pm EDT

when you gave them your new card did you also authorize for the rep to go ahead and take a payment as well...if so that is what the $5 fee is for and it is a valid fee.

9:30 am EST

DirecTV unauthorized use of my debit card and identify theft

I am going to share correspondence I have sent to the California State Attorney General and to the BBB.
I have filed a previous complaint against Direct TV, Inc and the complaint No. was [protected]. This was for fraud and deceptive business practices. Please see the enclosed copy of my email listed below.

I want to either reopen this complaint or start a new one for unauthorized use of my debit card and for identify theft. On October 28, 2008, I had verbally withdrew my authorization for them to charge my card twice after having to make SEVERAL calls to get the service cancelled (cancelation No. .R21404016721503 on October 29, 2008). I then followed up with a written statement withdrawing my authorization to use my card on that same date. I told them to bill me via paper. I returned their equipment to them via FedX. I had only had their service about 10 days. (BTW - I was quoted on several occasions a "special" price of #34.95 a month for 12 months and didn't even have their service a full month - this turned out to be yet another lie and deceptive business practice).

On November 14, 2008, I checked my card statement and found that Direct TV had stolen $436.25 off my card. They may have also stolen my identity! I wrote them immediately wanting to get a detailed explanation of why they stole this money. I have yet to receive any kind of a response. I want my $436.25 refunded immediately. This is grand theft, unauthorized use of my debit card and identify theft and my intentions are to contact an attorney and pursue this unless this UNAUTHORIZED withdrawal of MY monies are returned to me immediately.

If you need to contact me, my contact information is listed below. Here is Direct TV's address and phone number.

Direct TV, Inc.
2230 East Imperial Highway
El Segundo, CA 90245
[protected]

===========================================================================================

I live in Gainesville, Florida. I wanted to switch my TV service due to cost savings. I had called Direct TV on THREE separate occasions to find out about their services and to be certain that I would still be able to get my local area channels. Each time I spoke with their representative, I was assured that yes, I would get my local channels with their services. Even the literature I received from them in the mail said I would get my local channels. So I called and made arrangements for them to come to my home and install their service.

They came this morning disconnected my old TV services and installed their services and after about an hour my husband called me and asked if I could find out what channels have our local channels. I called Direct and after being on hold for a good 15 minutes, I finally got a real human. I explained why I was calling and then I was told, AFTER THEY GOT MY BUSINESS AND SWITCHED OUR SERVICES, that we would NOT get local channels. I spoke with one of their managers and I asked why I was out and out lied to about what services they provide and why I received fraudulent information in the mail. No one would or could explained to my why I was out and out lied to. I became upset and demanded they come back out to my home and reinstall my old service which they had disconnected. They would not do that. I'm really upset and angry with these liars and I want to file a formal complaint, but I don't know how to do this since I live in Florida.

Any help you can give me to resolve this issue will be more than greatly appreciated and if you need any information from me, just let me know.

This entire situation reeks of fraudulent business practices to me and this needs to be addressed.

Again, if there is any more information that you need, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you so very much for any help or assistance you can provide.

Read full review of DirecTV and 11 comments
11 comments
Edith 310
Apr 19, 2011 6:46 pm EDT

DIRECT TV has also been responsible for debiting my bank account for over a year for someone elses service totalling 1600uUSD. When calling to request the refund, they only have a receving FAX and no contact information whatsoever to speak to a live person. I called them approximately 25 times in 3 days at different times and the same robotic response "Mam, I am sorry to hear that, we will investigate and send you a written resposne within 10 business days" It has been over 7 months, no response.
Lesson learned... Do not trust Direct TV with your bank information.

favorite 1
Peoria, US
Apr 04, 2011 9:42 pm EDT

They are full of it. Can you believe this. Seven years later.

favorite 1
Peoria, US
Apr 04, 2011 9:38 pm EDT

I do not have direct tv. I canceled in january 2011 . I got a bill for $54.95 for a De La HOYA / Hopkins fight for 2004 . Why did it take 7 years to get it.And why wasn't the rest of the bill connected.I hear it's gone to collections. You ruin my credit and I will have to sue you.I will have to report you to the credit bureau and the attorney generals office. MOLLY LEYVA

inny716
Sep 13, 2010 3:17 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I completed my contract with Direct TV and was canceling my account. When I canceled I verified my terms were up and that there were no further charges with the return of the equipment. The following month Direct TV took $350 from my bank account stating it was early termination of my contract. I argued with them for 4 hours that my contract was for only 12 months. This was at the same time Direct TV was changing there contracts for people that wanted DVR's. This is when I realized not only did they charge me a early termination fee but also charged to a credit card they didn't have authorization too. I made a one time payment with my HSBC card and that's the one they charged. They said that was the card listed on my contract for early termination. That was a lie because I didn't have an HSBC account when I had Direct TV installed. I filed with HSBC and they stopped payment.

CStaley
Castro Valley, US
Sep 13, 2010 3:00 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

We are experiencing the same problems with DirecTV. See our letter attached below, which was also fwded to their customer service center.

From: Coral

Date: Monday, September 13, 2010, 11:32 AM

Please see the attached letter which will be sent today by certified mail:

September 13, 2010

To: Direct TV Inc.

We are being “fined” $350.00 + taxes by your company for late return of equipment, i.e. two receivers. The notice indicating we would be fined for late return was included inside the box for returning the receivers. No other notice was given of this fine. As we just opened this box on 9/11/10 and were only then made aware of this “fine, ” we consider this insufficient notice as well as constituting unethical business practices.

I had originally called to ask to return the receivers, as we were no longer using them, over 3 months ago. At that time I was told we would be sent 2 boxes in which to return the receivers and that these boxes would be sent within 7-10 business days. We did not receive the boxes until 2 months later, at which time we were preoccupied with the birth of our child. Since we had initiated the return of this equipment, we believed the return was at our convenience. The only notice of this fine was on an instruction pamphlet located inside one of the boxes. This notice was not given to us over the phone when we originally called to request the return of the equipment, nor was it sent to us in the form of a letter or via phone call. This practice is deceptive and fraudulent, essentially theft, as we pay by automatic debit from our account and this charge is not authorized.

Either remove all charges related to this issue from our account ($175 +17.50 for each receiver, $400 in total) by 9/18/10 (the date our account will be charged) or we will seek restitution in court, including an additional amount of $2000 for punitive damages. Complaints will also be filed with the BBB, the FTC as well as the State of California. A refund after this date is not adequate, as we will have subsequently incurred insufficient fund fees from our banking institution related to your unauthorized withdrawal, as well as other hardships of which you will be held responsible in court.

Both receivers were mailed back to your company today, 9/13/10.

Cc: President/CEO

Direct TV Inc.

P.O. Box 6550

Greenwood Village, CO [protected]

BMArt
Tolar, US
Jan 07, 2010 2:11 am EST

Direct TV stole $360.50 from my credit card and the Direct TV account belongs to my mother. I paid it a few times for her. She dropped her service and sent back the receivers and then they charged my debit card for it. the funny thing is that her service was cut off after she had not paid $87.00 another $90 for the receivers. where did they get the $360 from? Trumped up charges and charging the wrong person. On top of that, the debit card was an old one, number and all, and the stupid bank still accepted it.
Talk about crooks. Direct TV is a prime example.

j. Nava
Garland, US
Aug 27, 2009 11:33 pm EDT

Note : I asked the Directv customer service for the top management address and this was the address given to me, which is different from the adress I saw on this site.. which is correct? hmmm The complaints I read is similar with my frustrations righ now.

August 27, 2009

The President/CEO
Direct TV Inc.
P.O. Box 6550
Greenwood Village, CO [protected]

Dear Sir,

I feel I have to write you directly to let you know the frustration I am experiencing
with your customer service department. I used to be a Time Warner subscriber. I switched to Direct TV when my 92 year old mother decided to come to spend a month
with me next month ( September) in Dallas, Texas . Since Direct TV is the only cable which carries the TFC Filipino channel, I decided to do it so she can continue watching her favorite channel at TFC.

My cable was installed last July and these were my frustrations:
The quote I was given was not the plan promised to me. I was offered preferred CHOICE and I found out later that it is different from CHOICE which has all the channels that I checked from your website. Preferred CHOICE when offered to me gave me the impression that it was the same as CHOICE only called preferred because it comes with the TFC channels. The next day I realized that I was missing Fox News cable, my favorite.

When I called customer service and complained about the misleading term CHOICE.. they blamed me and told me that I should know what I was signing for . I ended up increasing my monthly bill to $20.00 more. I wish I have known that and I would have used my discount flyer from the mail. I also have used my friend as a referral but the credit was also not reflecting on my bill..What happened to the referral credit of $100 ($10. every month)? Did they fail to process it too?

I sent so many complaints to customer service, but I did not get anywhere. Please see attached copies of my complaints.

The worst part happened today after I checked by bill on the website and found out that my bill for September went up again to $142.85. I questioned customer service and after talking to 3 people, I finally learned that since my plan was changed from preferred CHOICE to even a higher CHOICE plan, DIRECTV discontinued the 3 months free HBO/Showtime being offered to new customers that is why I am being charged now an additional $36.00 plus tax. Does that make sense? It was your mistake to give me all this misleading information when I first subscribed and now I ended up with higher monthly payment and losing the 3 months free offer of HBO/showtime.

Your customer service people will just say anything to you when you complained just to get rid of you on the phone. That is why I ended up talking to three people today because their excuses did not make sense. One said you are paying more because the $36.00 discount happened to not been included in this billing cycle. How is that ? I told him I am paying my bill for this month, why will that not reflect the $36.00 free discount? The customer service responded to me” Just deduct the amount and it should reflect next time’. It did not make sense… so I called again… this third one told me that I no longer qualify for the discount that is why I am being billed.

Very frustrating. I did the cable change for my 92 year old mother and I never thought that my experience with your company is unbelievable…
Since talking to customer service is like talking to someone who does not really care about you… sending email is not any better as shown on the copies I attached. Thank you for your time reading my letter.. and I hope you can correct the mistakes done to me .

Josefa ( Josie) Nava

Cc: marketing dept

Joan Carroll
Dayton, US
Jun 18, 2009 9:16 am EDT

Hello, I am in Dayton Ohio. I too wanted to choose a different cable company to possibly save money because at the time I had basic cable through another company. I allowed a friend to refer me to Direct TV where she was given a $50 finders fee. I spoke with a representative who sent someone out to install the service. It wasn't a week before I have to call them back because I was getting a code number and unable to get local service. When a service person came out he stated the tree out front is blocking the signal and I would not be able to get local service on a regular basis. ? I called and got the run around like you have described to the point I was furious. I spoke with a "Supervisor” who told me to go out and buy an antenna and my account would be credited for having to make this purchase in the amount of $50.00. Never happened. I got my first bill and I was charged $80+ for the service guy to come out this charge is form another company that does work for Direct TV. I paid the bill. I then asked that my contract not be renewed after the 18month period. I asked to be notified before I went in to another year with them seeing that I won’t get local channels. In the winter I had fewer problems but problems just the same. What I was told is for me not to be charged $80+ service fee I would need to pay $5 a month. along with regular bill. Long story short, I was renewed without any notification, I still cant get local channels, I have had over six service men out to my property who asking me why was the disk pleased in that location on my roof. Then to find out I have so many trees around my house there is no other place on my property to put it where a clear signal can be reached. This has been a nightmare.
Now, to my present problem. I asked if the service men’s would document my account each time to support this is not my fault. I asked if I would be charged an early cancellation few when I was speaking with another Manager/Supervisor because at this time I had no service with constant codes on my screen stating the guide hasn't been updated in 8 hours, 12 hours, 26 hours I don’t know what that means but if one more person would have asked me to unscrew the lines one more time I would have screamed so I didn't report it anymore. I was focusing on how to get out with my dignity. I couldn't. Monday June 15th 2009 I wanted to take my son out for dinner after volleyball practice only to find my account unbelievably in the NEGATIVE $564.69 had been withdrew from my account. I am in the process of waiting eight days to be refunded the monies taken without my permission. Can they do that? Just take money out of your account? It doesn't seem right.
jcarr422@aol.com please contact me. A lawsuit should be bought against Direct TV

McDonald
Redondo Beach, US
Mar 12, 2009 3:13 pm EDT

We we have been going through the same nightmare! Bought a pre-paid card and our own converter for our RV. With the card we were covered for 3 months, no payment. Direct t.v. never added the pre-paid card to the account, AND they are billing us for the converter as a rental! Even sent us a box demanding we return it! After two months, we notice that they got ahold of Best Buy, retrieved our credit card and ran it for $820.00!
These people are CRAZY! Why are they able to do their customers this way? I am filing a complaint with the FTC and the State of California.

Jaenae
Carlsbad, US
Feb 11, 2009 10:17 am EST

I have just had a similar experience with Direct TV. I went to pay my bills, and found that they had taken my entire checking account in the amount of $552.00, left me with nothing. I called them to see what happened they said that they took it for the equipment,
that I had sent back. in fact they only sent me one box, and I had called 3 days prior to them taking my money and asking for another box.
Speaking with them, they said nothing they could do, no supervisor available, no one to help me. I told them they had no authorization to touch my bank account and use my debit card. During the time I had service with them, I was constantly having them reverse charges that were not mine.
they have left me and my 8 yr old daughter with no food money, utilities ect. and they don't care.

I need to know who I contact regarding this. This is illegal. If I were to go into someone bank account without authoization it would be fraud.
Jaenae
jjael1@aol.com

3:47 pm EST

DirecTV erroneous billing

Direct TV charged us for service at an address that was a vacant house.
We moved from California in August 2006. When we arrived in TX we started up a new account with Direct TV.
The DTVcustomer service Rep said start a new account to get the perks. We did. Six months later we get a bill for service at the old California address for $121.33.
Today is November 14, 2008 and after many letters, phone calls and explanations, Direct TV has never credited these charges.

No service was received and Direct TV will still not admit fault.

So, we waited until out 2 year contract ran out in Sept 2008 and we have two credits on our DTV account totalling $275.00. We want the money credited back to our bank account. On four different dates, 9/16/08, 10/23/08, 10/28/08 and 11/14/08 I have been told the "processing" time for these credit is 6-8 weeks from the last "transaction."

What a scam...DTV keeps our money and moves the cheese everytime I call in.
You can be sure I am calling on 1/5/08 (8 weeks from today). If I don't have my money by then...I will make another complaint.

My advise: Don't ever do business with DTV. While the reception may be good...their customer service and billing practices are deceitful.

FSBudget
Sparks, US
Aug 05, 2010 10:14 pm EDT

I second your comment, they are more than decietful.
These people are CROOKS!
Service might of been great, financial services are HORRID.

12:05 pm EST

DirecTV removing channel 865

I am a subscriber to directtv. I recieved notice that they are removing channel865 from my viewing selection. They are not changing the position of the station but are removing it from my plan. This is my most important radio station asit is the only on that broadcasts operatic selection. What recourse do I have, if I cancel the plan they will charge me 450dollars. And they refuse to give me anything to compensate for the removal of my most favorite station. Are they not breaking the contract, since all the contract says is they only have the right to make changes not remove any.

3:04 pm EST

DirecTV too many different stories by csr.

I called directv after i had paid my bill and was trying to see when my service would be turned back on. I was told 2 to 4 business hours by one of their so called managers.This was on 11/6/08 and was further told that if it wasn't on by the next morning to call. On 11/7/08 when I arrived home from work it was not on. I called and was told that "we have not received your payment yet." After I was on the phone for over 1 1/2 hours with them i was transferred to another dept. where I talked to a Denise, so I was told. She told me to go and fax her the receipt and put attn: RSH on it and when she receive it she will turn my service back on. So here I go trying to find some where to fax it to her. I did and she had given my a callback number to call when I had faxed it to her. Then when I called back I talked to another person and she said that I could not get my service on until they received the payment. I tried to explain to her what Denise had said and she wasn't hearing none of it. She wouldn't even let me talk to Denise she said she couldn't do that. I tried to expain to her what Denise had said and she said that Denise had noted on my account that srevice will not be turned on until bill is paid in full and when she asked me when will I be paying the rest I told her in two weeks. We didn't receive the bill until after I had made the payment. I was also told by another csr that services were not to be turned off until 11/10/08 anyway. What can I do about this? For #1 they are all rude and don't tell the truth.

11:11 am EST

DirecTV double billing

When our equipment was returned after cancelling our service in Oct, 2008 -Direct TV 'engineer's' found un paid ppv's that had not been sent to their main receiver from 2007. We had equipment problems in 2008 and had to pay serveral hundred dollars of ppv's that had not been billed according to Direct TV. However, our monthly billing statements showed the movies we ordered on each statement. We settled and paid the account balance in full. When I called to dispute the additional equipment charges-they deducted the disputed amount from our checking account without our authorization. According to our bank, there is nothing we can do if they run the charge through as a debit.

Consumers Beware!

Tdog2009
Brooklyn Park, US
Mar 09, 2009 2:51 pm EDT

They just did the same thing to me, unbelievable. Charged me for the same UFC fight, from 2007, 3 times! Tried to order through the TV but was anable to because I did not have a land line hooked up. The representative told me I could only order via online if I did not have a land line. So, I ordered it online, then 1.5 years later after cancelling they billed me for it again, twice! Because I tried on the TV twice and it didn't work, but according to them, it did. Yeah they were there and saw it working.

So, if what they say is true, why would I bother turning on my computer, loading the website, logging in, finding the fight or movie or whatever, then ordering it, when all I had to do was push a button on the DTV remote?

Times are tough, economy isn't well, they must be losing customers, this is one way for them to try and get more income. If they are wrong and find out they are wrong, they say sorry. If the customer pays, they get free money. What a F@#$ing scam!

Crappy thing is I would have ordered DTV again, I am renting a room that has local cable. Now I will never order from them, ever. So long NFL ticket.

9:48 am EST

DirecTV service fee

First of all when you call Direct Tv you have to wait 20 minutes just to speak to someone then they transfer you to someone else and you wait again for them. My HD channels stopped working and they said I would have to pay a $49.99 service fee for someone to come out and fix it, or had a option of paying for a service package for an additional $5.99 a month on my bill. I feel this is absurd I pay for a service monthly that should include fixing any problems that occur. My cable company never charged to fix any problems I will return to them when my contract is up to avoid the outrageous early cancellation fees they also charge.

bajaskier
Fond du Lac, US
Nov 07, 2008 10:49 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Easy...Take them to small claims court.

5:12 pm EST

DirecTV lied to about local channels

On october 22, 2008, when I called directv to get information in my process of making a decision on switching from cable to directv, I specifically asked about getting local dallas channels. I was told that I could get them, I just had to sign a waiver and wait 4 weeks. The sales woman said the local cable company had a monopoly on the local channels, which the fcc was requiring them to discontinue as of february 2009. The sales woman gave me a great deal, so I went ahead and signed up for service. One of my co-workers lives near me, same county, same zip code, has directv and they get the local dallas channels, and they never went through any waiver process to get them.

A few days after installation, I was talking to a guy who used to install satellite tv service in my area, and he told me that everyone he new, recently, had been denied local channels. At no time was I informed by the directv sales woman that only 1 out of 5 waiver requests are approved.

For the past week, I have been having almost daily e-mail correspondence with customer service reps from directv. The first response to my question on the waiver was that only 1 in 5 requests are granted, and that it is not directv that has any control over this situation. Here is the latest e-mail response on this subject: "i understand your frustration with not being able to get local channels in your area. As you know, we don't carry locals in your area right now and we don't currently have plans to add it to our lineup. " he stated that the waiver request submitted on my behalf has been sent to new york and la. He also stated that he knows nothing about the fcc requiring the local cable company to discontinue their monopoly on the local channels.

If they don't carry local channels in my area, then why was I told that I could get the local dallas channels, and why does my nearby co-worker get them?

Now i'm locked into a 2 year contract with no abc, nbc, cbs, fox, cw, etc. I expect that I will now have to purchase a new outdoor antenna to receive these channels, and then I will have to use an ancient vcr to record my series programs when I am unable to watch them live. My service includes 2 dvrs, but they won't record channels off the antenna.

I would be very interested to know if anyone else has been deceived regarding local channels in the outlying areas of dallas, texas.

Read full review of DirecTV and 4 comments
4 comments
DirecTV Local Channel Scam
Terre Haute, US
Nov 01, 2010 10:34 pm EDT

As of November 2010, this is still going on. I was told that local channels were available for Terre Haute, IN - Made the switch - and now have abc, cbs & nbc out of New York. Customer service is much less than satisfactory as "local" channels were requested specifically by myself, for my area. Now stuck in a 2 yr. contract with no remedy offered from them. They'll sell anything, don't sign off on the install without confirmation.

Steve Cooper
, IN
Nov 13, 2009 3:59 pm EST

The comments are not true

Steve Cooper
, IN
Nov 13, 2009 3:57 pm EST

This is a fake story !

tina
New York, US
Dec 10, 2008 8:39 am EST

Hi, i completely agree with your compalain against dtv. Im working with dishnetwork, y dnt u try dish network m sure u can get a very good deal with dishnetwork with your locals as well as a DVR for 2 tvs.
If you want any type of information on this you can call me on [protected] n ask for my name Tina Jones n my extention is 4443 or you can orward me your phone number n i can check weather u qualify for locals n the promotion.

4:52 pm EST

DirecTV penalty for cancelling

When we moved from another city to Simi Valley, we did as DirecTV told us and that was to take the equipment and leave the dish. We did and we also upgraded to HD. After of year of total ignorance from their customer service department we decided to have the new AT&T system installed. We did and cancelled our DirecTV, which we had for almost 5 years. On their last bill they added a $250.00 cancellation charge claiming we were in to another 2 year contract.

We never signed any paperwork locking us in to another 2 years and was told that on our first monthly bill they disclosed that we were locked in to 2 more years. BS. We won't pay it. By the way, the AT&T system is fantastic!

qns1980
Mar 02, 2009 10:49 pm EST

I had direct tv installed at my apartment on 12/29/07, after previously using them a few years ago. I have not had any major issues over the past 1yr just a few billing issues from time to time. I moved out of my apartment on 02/28/09 and my new apartment does not have a space for a satellite dish., i called to cancel my direct tv service and i am being told that I have to pay a 60.00 early termination fee because my contract is up in june of this year. I never agreed on any contract and it was never disclosed to me that I was in a contract or going to be in one . The rep states they have been doing this since 2002, but i have never been informed of this when i was a customer from [protected] and 2007 to 2009, they have me in a 18month contract that I never agreed to! The rep claims I can only get out of paying this termination fee if my apartment points north! I went to the website after I talked to them and listed under the fine print in agreements it discloses the contract, but not on the ordering screen or when you speak to a rep this is false advertising!

2:01 pm EST

DirecTV directv billing fraud

I had been with direct tv for several years (About 7 or 8 yrs) and as they stated I always bought my equipment from then. About a year ago I "bought" an hd dvr for about 300.00. When I noticed I was getting charged a lease fee of 4.99 mo. I thought "oh this is another mistake", as in the past when they were charging me when they shouldn't because I had purchased not leased my equipment. When I called in to rectify the situation I was told no I did not buy this piece of equipment for $300.00 I leased! I said who in their right mind would pay to lease something for 300.00 + 4.99 a month. I told the rep to look and see that I always purchase. I was told at that time that they no longer sell equipment they only lease. I asked her to show me where I signed saying I leased this equipment. She told me it was on the paperwork I signed when it was installed (By a company, who by the way took my old receiver that I owned and they tired to charge me for this receiver also). I told her it said nothing on the paperwork about leasing. Fast forward several months and I decided to cancel my service since the hd dvr never worked most of the time. When I went to cancel they charged me over 100.00 for the rest of the lease they say I signed up for at 4.99 or 5.99 a mo. (It changes at random) they also told me I had to return the hd dvr. When I reminded them that I bought it and to show me where I signed the rep. They told me there was a sticker on the box! Since when does a sticker on the box constitute a binding contract?!
I told them I would not return until they proved to me that I signed something stating I leased a piece of equipment for 300.00 (Equipment I see on ad for free all the time).
Being that they are direct tv and can do anything they want and ruin my credit they now demanded that I now pay over $500.00 for this hd dvr! Or they would report me to credit agencies. I decided to go ahead and return while I figure out how to fight them. Now that I have returned the equipment I have now gotten another bill for tax! For the amount of $38.78! This is absolute thievery and fraud!

If you could be of assistance or point me in the correct direction I would greatly appreciated it. It is time we stop this corporate fraud the thievery in this country!

Rebecca jones

Read full review of DirecTV and 2 comments
Update by bexxmusic
Nov 04, 2008 2:01 pm EST

I had been with Direct TV for several years (about 7 or 8 yrs) and as they stated I always bought my equipment from then. About a year ago I "bought" an HD DVR for about 300.00. When I noticed I was getting charged a lease fee of 4.99 mo. I thought "oh this is another mistake", as in the past when they were charging me when they shouldn't because I had purchased not Leased my equipment. When I called in to rectify the situation I was told no I did not buy this piece of equipment for $300.00 I leased! I said who in their right mind would pay to lease something for 300.00 + 4.99 a month. I told the rep to look and see that I always purchase. I was told at that time that they no longer sell equipment they only lease. I asked her to show me where I signed saying I leased this equipment. She told me it was on the paperwork I signed when it was installed (by a company, who by the way took my old receiver that I OWNED and they tired to charge me for this receiver also). I told her it said nothing on the paperwork about leasing. Fast forward several months and I decided to cancel my service since the HD DVR never worked most of the time. When I went to cancel they charged me over 100.00 for the rest of the lease they say I signed up for at 4.99 or 5.99 a mo. (it changes at random) they also told me I had to return the HD DVR. When I reminded them that I bought it and to show me where I signed the rep. they told me there was a sticker on the box! Since when does a sticker on the box constitute a binding contract?!
I told them I would not return until they proved to me that I signed something stating I leased a piece of equipment for 300.00 (equipment I see on ad for free all the time).
Being that they are Direct TV and can do anything they want and ruin my credit they now demanded that I now pay over $500.00 for this HD DVR! or they would report me to credit agencies. I decided to go ahead and return while I figure out how to fight them. Now that I have returned the equipment I have now gotten another bill for TAX! For the amount of $38.78! This is absolute thievery and fraud!

Rebecca Jones

2 comments
SeekingKnowledge
Moody, US
Mar 01, 2009 9:09 pm EST

I think DirectTV is like most Customer Service Representative call centers represent. If you have your paperwork, or even if you don't...I am sure your financial instution can help you retrieve a copy of where you paid DirectTV for the equipment. But, aside from that, find the address to their corporate office, and send your complaint by Certified Mail to the President/ CEO of the Company. Regardless of your prior efforts, when you send Certified Mail when the Vendor is stating their is some type of Service Agreement, you will have documentation to back it up. In your letter, try to remember dates, times, and names of the people you spoke with...include those in your letter. You know what they say...S*&@ rolls downhill, and this has always gotten a response for me. Be very specific in your letter about what you want: (1) a copy of any document that you have signed stating you agreed to a lease (2) any document that you agreed to pay a penalty for termination, etc.

Hope this helps!

MYGSDS
Feb 11, 2009 2:31 pm EST

My advice is to get a lawyer. They sent us one bill for services we never received (we did not even establish service with them - because they couldn't! No signal) and after one month reported us to a credit collection agency. Now I have them paying...I sent letters to everyone I could - better business bureaus, my state attorney's general, and well, if it's not resolved, I have a lawyer on standby. If they thought they could buly us with a note from a collection agency, well, they just encountered someone who won't back down and be intimitated by coorporate fraud. We're aiming for a class action lawsuit. Get this poor excuse of a company out of business, and get honest folk some refunds...

11:07 am EST

DirecTV fraud and deceptive advertising

Direct tv ran a ad in the local paper for 39.99 a month for 200 channels and local broadcasts. The salesman on the phone told me local channels are not availble today but would be soon.In the start he said I could file a waiver and get eastcoast or westcoast bradcasts fron abc, nbc, fox and cbs. He stated after you install you ask the installer to contact them and they will reprogram to get these. The installer told me he couldn't do that and I needed to call to file a waiver. After hours on the phone I receive a email back stating only 1 in 5 are approved and most likely mind will not be approved. I called them back within a couple hours of installing these and requested to speak to a supervisor to find out the sales staff is located in the phillipines. I requested to have these returned and a complete refund which tell said I would receive since it had been only a couple hours. I contact the fcc and the ohio attorney general and filed complaints. Prices do not match, promises made and not made. Buyers beware these are real crimials. Where are our senators and reps overseeing these thiefs.

I don't believe it
San Diego, US
Oct 21, 2009 1:07 am EDT

Have you ever gotten a resolution by writing the Atty General? After I fought with Direct tv since May, to get the proper price, and not getting it after I had it installed and was different than what I was told on the phone, the battle began. No paper work or bills, never got a bill until BBB sent me copies of what they said they would send. Be prepared that you will get no resolution from BBB, or the banks that steal your money. They always side with the corporation, who elses pays them? Direct TV took an unauthorized $1156 from my checking account. They tried many times to intercept the box to return the equipment by giving Fed Ex the wrong address. Finally FedEx called the driver and gave the driver the right address, even though they were still giving Fed Ex the wrong address and I finally got the box to return the receiver. There is a note in the box that states you have 7 days to return the box or be charged. So it gives them a great incentive to interrupt the delivery of the box with wrong addresses. The bank took out the $605 in my savings account which was the only money I had in the savings acount to cover the overdraft that direct tv created. The bank is brutal. Their "investigation" of the "dispute" was telling me I had violated the contract, early termination fee, all kinds of things. None of them true, and the bank accuses you of doing all the things that Direct TV tells them, and then steals your money on top of everything that Direct TV does. They actually tell you to your face and on the phone, you did not pay your bill, you cancelled your contract. Strange that they do not have prove anything. I won't go into the rest of the story because is has been very traumatizing to be treated like a criminal and then have your money stolen on top of this from the bank for illegal overdraft that direct tv created.

They are like Nazis, you have no rights. I sent a complaint to FCC and all I got back was an automated email stating they do not deal with individual complaints, but keep your complaint on file for "trends."

I was given some advice to contact the Attorney General of California from someone on the complaint board who gave me some direction on contacting the Attorney General who was successful in her complaint. I am so stressed now from all the abuse I have experienced with direct tv, but also the bank taking the last of my savings, and accusing me of not doing the right thing.

It is unbelievable what the corporations can do with the help of the Government. It is the most unimaginable thing I have ever experienced. Yes, I know about the crooks that brought this country down, but I never saw the relentless ruthlessness of their greed and destroying people's hard work and lives. It was so chilling when I went to the bank today to find that they had also robbed me. Their composure is so complete while you are sitting at their desk and smiling at customers around you., telling you the way "things are."

As I said, I will try one more thing with the attorney general. If you are not affluent, they have the means and power to break you down day by day. They are astounding, it is like being grilled by law enforcement or the SS. When I asked questions such as why wasn't I notified of their taking of my savings, and other questions which were never the same or true, they had a security guard come stand by the desk to protect the young lady from me, and the manager cames over and asked me to please be respectful to our staff "who is trying to help you." Believe me, never in my life have I experienced anything like this. The training that they have to break you down is very powerful. They are able to tell you that you broke your contract, (never had one, would never answer me when I asked). Early termination fees, turning off your TV and charging you $600. while you have another company.

I will stop now. This has taken all my energy. One more shot at the Attorney General. If you fall into the clutchs of the powerful, and have no resources, and like myself at 76-years-old on a meager Social Security benefit, it is unbelievable torture. They are definitely trained to break the spirit.

If you succeed in getting any positive response from the Attorney General's office please post it here, email me at
loissherman@ymail.com.

There are a lot of things going on in this country, especially the issue of healthcare. And unfortunately, this turns people away from the other criminals like the direct tv and the banks.

Can't we all get together and send our complaints to FCC and the Attorney Genera and get them to listen to us?

DirecTV In-depth Review

Pricing and Packages: DirecTV offers a range of pricing options and packages to suit different budgets and preferences. Their pricing structure is transparent, with clear information on the costs associated with each package. Customers can choose from various package options, including basic, mid-tier, and premium packages, each offering different channels and features. The value for money offered by DirecTV's pricing is generally considered to be good, with competitive prices compared to other providers in the market.

Channel Selection: DirecTV provides a comprehensive list of channels, catering to a wide range of interests and preferences. Their channel lineup includes a diverse selection of entertainment, news, sports, and lifestyle channels. Additionally, DirecTV offers premium channels and sports packages, allowing customers to access exclusive content and live sporting events. The variety and diversity of channels offered by DirecTV are highly regarded by customers.

Equipment and Installation: DirecTV's equipment is known for its quality and reliability. Customers have reported positive experiences with the performance of DirecTV's receivers and remotes. The installation process is generally smooth and efficient, with professional technicians handling the setup. DirecTV also provides customer support throughout the installation process, ensuring any issues or questions are addressed promptly. While there may be additional fees or charges related to equipment and installation, they are clearly communicated to customers upfront.

Customer Service: DirecTV's customer service is responsive and effective, with representatives available to assist customers with their inquiries and concerns. Customers have access to various support channels, including phone, email, and online chat. The helpfulness of customer support agents is generally praised by customers. Based on feedback and reviews, customer satisfaction levels with DirecTV's customer service are generally high.

Reliability and Signal Strength: DirecTV's signal is known for its reliability and consistency. Customers have reported minimal disruptions or outages in their service. The signal strength may vary slightly depending on the location and weather conditions, but overall, DirecTV provides a strong and stable signal. Any reported issues or outages are promptly addressed by DirecTV's technical support team.

On-Demand and Streaming Options: DirecTV offers an extensive on-demand library and streaming capabilities. Customers have access to a wide range of movies, TV shows, and other on-demand content. The user interface is user-friendly, making it easy to navigate and access on-demand content. While DirecTV's on-demand library may not be as extensive as some other streaming services, it still offers a satisfactory selection of content. The quality of streaming is generally good, with minimal buffering or playback issues.

Contract Terms and Cancellation Policy: DirecTV's contract terms include a specified length, typically ranging from 12 to 24 months. Early termination fees may apply if customers cancel their contract before the agreed-upon period. The cancellation policy is transparent, with clear information on any associated charges. While some customers may find the contract terms restrictive, others appreciate the stability and benefits offered by longer-term contracts. Overall, DirecTV's contract terms are considered fair and flexible.

Overall User Experience: The overall user experience with DirecTV's services is generally positive. Customers appreciate the wide range of channels and packages available, as well as the reliability of the signal. The quality of customer service and support is highly regarded, with prompt and helpful assistance provided. While there may be some limitations in terms of on-demand content and contract terms, DirecTV is still considered a reputable and reliable service provider in the industry.

How to file a complaint about DirecTV?

**Guide on Filing a Complaint Against DirecTV on ComplaintsBoard.com:**

1. Log in or Create an Account:
- If you already have an account, log in to ComplaintsBoard.com. If not, create a new account to proceed.

2. Navigating to the Complaint Form:
- Locate and click on the 'File a Complaint' button at the top right corner of the ComplaintsBoard.com website.

3. Writing the Title:
- Summarize the main issue with DirecTV in the 'Complaint Title' briefly and clearly.

4. Detailing the Experience:
- Mention key areas such as transactions, nature of the issue, steps taken to resolve, personal impact, etc.
- Provide relevant information to support your complaint effectively.

5. Attaching Supporting Documents:
- Attach any additional supporting documents that can strengthen your complaint. Avoid including sensitive personal data.

6. Filling Optional Fields:
- Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to state any financial losses and the 'Desired Outcome' field to specify the resolution you seek.

7. Review Before Submission:
- Review your complaint for clarity, accuracy, and completeness before submitting it to ensure it effectively conveys your concerns.

8. Submission Process:
- Click the 'Submit' button to submit your complaint to ComplaintsBoard.com for review.

9. Post-Submission Actions:
- Regularly check for responses or updates related to your complaint on ComplaintsBoard.com to stay informed about the progress.

Ensure each step is clearly defined to guide you effectively through the process of filing a complaint against DirecTV on ComplaintsBoard.com.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Contact DirecTV customer service

Phone numbers

+1 (800) 531-5000 +1 (855) 838-4388 More phone numbers

Website

Our Commitment

We stand for unbiased reviews

We help resolving issues

We advocate freedom of speech

We ensure transparent and fair ratings

We care about your privacy

We are easy, free and open to everyone

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with DirecTV?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with DirecTV Customer Service. Initial DirecTV complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for DirecTV above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about DirecTV. Discuss the issues you have had with DirecTV and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.