Orbit Showtime Network [OSN]

Algeria, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Tunisia, Chad, Yemen and Mauritania
+971 43 677 888

Regional Locations

Complaints & Reviews

refund did not settled after specified time period

Dear Team, .

I was using OSN as prepaid customer. I bought the 1 year subscription on prepaid basis. And because of some issue they were not able to broadcast Asia channel. I have raised a request for disconnection and want remaining money to be refund in my bank account I shared all the relevent detail in advance and as per there policy it takes 30 working days to settled the amounyt. That period is also gone. SLA FOR REFUND ALSO GOT BREACHED. now they are saying they cannot refund my money in bank account because of xyz reason. Now they need debit or credit card detail to settled the amount and I don't know how long it will take again. Now my frustration is getting increased. I WANT MY MONEY REFUND ASAP.
ELSE I WILL SUE OSN.

refund request 9509 pending since more than 75 days.

OSN team I was your OSN Pehla Prime customer which was discontinue by OSN in midway and i was told to cancel the service and apply for refund which I did on 26th Aug'19 i was initially told that refund will take place within 30days but now it is more than 70 days but still refund not processed. Every time I write a mail to OSN feedback I get a revert that sorry for inconvince you will get refund in 7 days but that 7 days never comes. Please let me know if I will ever get my refund or Should I leave the hope.

osn refund request not processed since jul - osn [protected]

Dear All,

Please note that i am chasing OSN UAE since 27th Jul for a refund for my cancelled account as they disconnected the channels of a package for which i purchased with the reference above in subject line. When asked OSN to cancel the subscription in a second same day same time but when it come to giving back my money its been two months. I am the only one sending emails since 27jul and begging them to at least reply to my email but no one from OSN replies, i have made 10 to 15 calls to them but they never call back and keep postponing the refund request. Its purely harassment. A customer chasing a big company like OSN . I feel disgusted now and and i am tired of calling the call centre. in the beginning for three times they dint even process the refund. when sending them like 20 emails still no result.
Now for the 21st time i called OSN to talk to a manger and had a word with Raed and he again after two months asking me if i can send him credit card details and refund will be in 7 days .. i have already provided on my first email all documents they asked for like bank account no, UAE id etc.

If this is how OSN treats their customer and harass them for their own money i think i am embarrassed that i ever opted for OSN for like good 07 to 8 years.

I would appreciate if this can be sorted as soon as possible and the complaint should go to higher authorities so that they know that the how low OSN has become that now i am actually feeling harassed as i feel I am begging for MY MONEY which is with them.

They sent me an email again saying the process has been processed in sep and now its 15th oct and no sign of my money.

I think OSN should be banned it s a disgrace to be a part of entertainment provider .

• Updated by kanika28 · Oct 15, 2019

osn service in kuwait

Last night when I went to bed my OSN worked fine. This morning when I woke up there was a problem. All of my HD Channels have an error "This Program is Copy Protected".

Nothing has changed on my TV or setup. I've unplugged and plugged in the receiver and all HDMI cables, the problem still exists. I checked and there are no pending software updates for my TV.

Customer support insisted it's my HDMI cable, however I've been using this same cable for over a year with no issues. It has not been damaged or touched since it was working yesterday. I told them this and they insisted it was the cable. This made no sense.

Customer support finally agreed to send someone to my house to check, but wanted to charge me for the service call. I can understand if the issue turns out to be my fault, but I refuse to pay for them to come out and check, especially since NOTHING has changed since it was working last night.

I will not pay you to find out why it suddenly stopped working, and I will not continue to pay for a service where 1/2 my channels no longer work.
The feedback the customer support person provided this morning does not make sense and I would hope that does not represent OSN policy.

I attempted to complain to OSN, but they don't seem to have a complaint site that one can find, and their online feedback only allows for 200 characters.

At this point I expect them to resolve the issue or disconnect my service.

company refused to activate my subscription!

I bought a receiver and a platinum 6 month subscription while I was in Kuwait in April and now I'm trying to activate it with no luck! I already spent more than I payed in long distance calls to osn in UAE, KUWAIT AND LEBANON and talked to more than 10 agents each with a different story to tell! And still no activate. I provided mobile number in Kuwait or in Lebanon for activation but yet they insist that they should visit my house physically although I explained that I only bought this while visiting Kuwait since I don't live there but they claim that it can not be activated without a physical visit!

This was not mentioned on the box, neither I was told when I payed 175 Kuwait dinars for it. Plus this is my third subscription and I never faced such a case nor such treatment or lack of consumer responsibility

They need to activate my subscription or refund me

Khaled.[protected]@gmail.com

Cancellation of my service

I have called call center several times was kept on hold with no one to reply waited 7 mins and no answer I want to cancel the service but it seems you are making it very tough...

unclear upgrade offer

On the 26 of August a costumer service employee called me about upgrading my subscription for almost the same price because I'll be getting 25% discount. I understood from what she said that I'll be getting more channels and after checking the website I found out that I'll get a couple of osn box HD WiFi with that new subscription for free. On the following day the technician called me to ask about my address and told me I'll get only 1 very basic box. I called the service center again and was nervous because it wasn't the 1st time I have problems with OSN. An employee answered and told me this how OSN platinum plus is and the channels will be the same and I'll only be having an extra box which is basic for another TV. I told her what the website said, then she said that she'll get back to me. A few minutes later she told me that I'll get only one box that is just like the one I have (not the latest), I insisted that the website said elsewise. She then said that I'll have to pay to get an upgraded device. I thought I didn't notice that I had to pay when I looked at the site the first time and I trusted what she said. I nevertheless checked the internet again and found out they give the devices for free. I'm really used to unprofessional behaviour from OSN and really regret accepting that offer. They are never clear about their offers and have no respect for long term costumers. I would only like to get my old offer back and don't want the new one. If that doesn't happen, my other choice would be to cancel the whole thing, which I've been thinking about for a while now anyway.

"unauthorized credit card charges

Dear OSN team, my name is hashim khan qazi under my name 02 number of OSN subscription (Pehla Prime) followed by mobile number 00966 [protected]. i had called to OSN agent on 17th...

program timing incorrect

Example. OSN have been advertising a new series on Nat Geo. Gordan Ramsey Unchartered. I have set up auto recording but when i play back the recording it is another program. 3 times now and everytime its a different program. Why advertise a new series and then not show it???? Not the 1st time. Getting really tedious now. No point being able to record a program when they do not know when it is actually being shown!

relocating my current satellite and lnb’s to my new address

Hi All
I had a discussion with the customer service representative asking her, that I need to relocate and reinstall my current satellite and LNB's to my new address putting in consideration that I installed them since 3 months ago only.
But she told me that they can't do that as per OSN Egypt Rules...!!!
And that they have to install new satellite and LNB's to my new address and in this case I have to pay the full value again for these satellite and LNB's...!!!
And this totally contradicts with the information I had from the sales manager whom I agreed with on the package, as I was very clear that i'll Relocate within 3 to 4 months and she confirmed to me that there is no problem with that and that OSN team will come and take my current equipment and install it in my new address, costing me only the services charges.
OSN Custmer Service feedback is totally unacceptable to me and I need what was committed to me by OSN sales to be executed ASAP.

Appreciate your prompt feedback.

BR
Ahmed Refaei

cancellation and billing issue

Dear Team, I OSN connection called "Pehla" which contain Hindi/Urdu Channel. Due to some reason this service was unable and we asked to choose another service. Upon...

telesales

Please be noted that I have unsubscribed from your services and you have sent your representative to retrieve the decoder Lon time ago and each and every day I receive more than one phone call from your company and every time I tell them that I'm not interested and I ask them to delete my data without any response.
Finally today the rep. Told me in a rude way that I have to contact the company myself and that she has nothing to do with this issue.
Please take the necessary action to stop bothering me as those calls are used to be received every day even before unsubscribing!!!

pahla prime

With ref.to my smart card no 00 [protected], the contract/subscription is valid till 25 Aug.2019. The osn service has been stopped since 16 July 2019. No alternative has been...

Osn — inquiry about transmission components

I wajaht Hussain Kazmi OSN card number [protected] unable to find the display of the Indian and Pakistani Channels . I took the subscription of the OSN for one year and my...

pehla connection

From 16 July All my Indian channels are missing and I am getting messaging saying its upgraded. What upgrade is that? Who ask for it? I need my money back i just installed my connection 1 Month 20 Days back. If i don't get back our subscription of Pehla network or refund for remaining days, i will complain to Saudi consumer rights for this unprofessional act.

pehla connection

From 15 July All my Indian channels are missing and I am getting messaging saying its upgraded. What upgrade is that? Who ask for it? I need my money back i just installed my connection 3 weeks back. If i dont get refund i will complain to Dubai consumer rights. I am calling customer service in hold for 45 min and calls keep on Transferring terrible service

unethical behaviour

Dear Customer care, I am writing from Kuwait as from yesterday(15.Jul.2019), I found that my favourite Pehla plus channels(for which I took the subscription) are removed from my...

programmes

I subscribed to the sports channels on pelha which have now been removed. They were replaced with some movie channels and I also had to go out of pocket and subscribe to the entertainment package to get something watchable. I was assured that this will be my package indefinitely unless I decide to cancel. Come 15th July, everything has been wiped off my subscription I have 2 news channels I can watch ie BBC and CNN...I can get them without paying fyi . I call [protected] which is the normal number for subscribed members and it's been switched off. I call the "platinum" number @10.00 which is the time they open and I'm told to wait for 1hr and 20mins. I need this crap off my house and I want compensation for your incompetent service

osn cric

On noticing the trend of highlights on OSN cricket Xtra 1 and 2 from the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019, you guys have only been telecasting Bangladesh, Afghanistan and Pakistan game highlights. I hope this is an error and would appreciate a quick sort, but if it is intentional, please broaden your perspective and telecast all nations match highlights equally. Thanks.

cancellation

I have been a subscriber in the ME for several years, but with the loss of the sports channels, no longer use OSN. I called to cancel my subscription a week before my next bill was due. They refused to cancel saying that there was a 15 day cancellation period. After exchanging several emails over a week, they still hadn't cancelled my subscription. They kept delaying and trying to sell me other packages or offer me discounts. I had to call them again to cancel. This time they said there is a 30 day cancellation period. They are using whatever delay tactics they can to try and squeeze me for more money.

I specifically told them not to charge my card again, but they did! I will now have to reject the charge on my card.

Such a shame what has happened to OSN. They used to be the best provider of channels but now they have cut their offerings and are desperately trying to claw money from customers.

subscription value is variable from time to time.

السادة ادارة الشركة تحية طيبة وبعد اريد ان اتقدم بشكوي الي من يهمه سمعت هذه الشركة القصة وما فيها ان انا تعاقدت مع احد ممثليكم من زمن علي باقة اسمها باقة الاطفال وكانت بقيمة...

customer care

I have a registered complain #9656521,
Saturday 27th April received SMS message insuring that customer care team well call within 48H that didn't happen, yesterday I sent an email to Dubai customer care also no one called, today I have received SMS saying hopefully our customer care team has resolved your complain, I am a customer since 2012 and I have been moked by your customer care team, I hope you can resolve this by ordering customer care team to call me this is my contact# (+[protected]).

customer care

network cancellation

I have had an OSN account for many years and in October 2018 we decided to cancel the account as we were leaving Bahrain to head back to the UK. I went to the show room in Manama and asked for the service to be disconnected in full. They failed to action that and continued to take payments. I then rang up to ask why and they stated I also had to call and obtain confirmation that I wanted to disconnect. Which I did and OSN cancelled the service in November.
I recently realised that OSN continued to take payment for a kids package that was also taken out when I took the Platinum package. Payments have been taken up to March 2019. It appears that when I asked for my service to be disconnected I wasn't clear enough and need to ask separately for the two packages. Not that I was aware you had treat the services as two packages.
I find it unacceptable that OSN doesn't take disconnection requests seriously and use every trick in the book to take more money than the customer has agreed to.
I think it only reasonable that OSN recognises the request to disconnect in November and repays the wrongly taken payments. In talking to your customer services it is apparently my fault that you didn't complete the action requested as a request to disconnect my OSN services isn't clear and I should have stated disconnect my service for Platinum services and child package. In May view the request please stop my OSN service was clear and all encompassing. Especially as the reason provided for leaving was I am leaving Bahrain and no longer need the service.

I hope you can act in a professional and honest way and recognise the error you made in not fully disconnecting my full service in November. This is a sad way to treat a customer who has used your service for 10years in both Dubai and Bahrain.

I look forward to hearing from you

Ian Pearey

disgraceful service

OSN is a disgraceful network. I have been a subscriber for 3 years now and I am disgusted with their pathetic service. Their channels are always repeating their content. My daughter has memorised their cartoons because shes been watching the same episodes repeatedly. I took the package for the rugby but now their sport is totally non-existent ...except cricket...oh yes, the games are also repeated & not even current.
Their make-over is pathetic. It severely lacks proper planning and definitely does not take customers views and needs into consideration. One can see that this network has no vision. It is in absolute shambles. Their sales agents are rude and barely understand basic English (not everyone speaks Arabic), the call centre is a waste of time and there is no assistance higher up in management. Their service is totally unprofessional. Their technicians are never ever ever on time and keep you waiting and waiting. They're always ready to bolt out the door without answering any questions regarding the set up, channels etc.
OSN thinks that their "joke" make-over is great but the reality is that they have shot themselves in the foot and stabbed their customers in the back. They will sink beacuse scores of customers are not renewing or cancelling. Serves these filthy, rogue imbeciles RIGHT.
My sincere advice to all consumers: NEVER EVER subscribe to OSN!!!

FM -

OSN Customer — illegal cable tv service on behalf of osn operating in manama bahrain

648065 Dear Sir, I live in manama Bahrain, and here is one cable TV service is providing by a person who claim this cable TV is OSN authorized they are giving one paper door to door and...

platinum customer service

I would like to make a formal complaint on osn customer service maintenace department, my receiver is not working since 4 days and when I called them the day of the incident, the only reply I got (the nearest available maintenace service is after 4 days) wawwww so this is the platinum customer service you are providing us!! And that is the privilege that we are getting of paying 850egp=50$ per month?! Cutting cost in maintenance employee is reflecting your image to bad service and will lead us to stop our participation in osn, at least let me feel I am special by providing me a quick service, you are giving platinum membership gifts and not providing them in good maintenace service,,

television package

At the end of February 2019 I renewed my OSN package for over 300KD, five weeks later they have decimated the channels that they are providing. I have been a customer for six years and I will never renew with these charlatans ever again. My renewal was based on receiving the same package, they have removed nearly all of the sports channels, reduced the choice of entertainment and movie channels. This is misrepresentation as a minimum. Never have I been so disgusted with a service provider and I will not renew under any circumstances. OSN are an absolute disgrace and nothing short of thieves.

removal of sport channels

I am disappointed about the loss of the sport channels and the general down grade of content. I am will transfer over to DSTV now as they offer much than my Platinum Member Statu...

changes to osn channels

Your cancellation of the 5 sports channel, leaving only the two cricket channels has left me with a one year subsription to the UDC company who manages the Pearl in Doha (and OSN access) with a package MINUS the reason I aquired it. You have basically removed the exact channel that motivated me to buy the package. The aergument that you want more female content is fine, nobody has a complaint about that. The question is, why take their male partners entertainment away to achieve that??? If you wanted to empty the living room space for the females, well, you have succeeded, except you will never hear from me again, and by the way, my wife does not watch TV, she thinks it is a waste of valuable time. Well, I will have the opportunity to see for myself now. Have no idea why you have categories below that does not relate to a complaint?!

channels

Hi - I would like to complain against osn . I have 5 osn connections at home and I took that for wrestling channels only . Now wrestling channels of 601 and 610 are closed for no reason . I will disconnect all connections if wrestling channels will not be resumed . Kindly confirm from your end what is your excuse as your customer service consultant keep saying that it has been removed due to make over but that is not our problem at all . Call on [protected].

bad installation services

The supervisor commitment with to show his performance that installation guy will come tomorrow and called me to say technical guy will come today. And all the conversation is recorded in my mobile. After some time I have received an sms that guy will be on the way to reach me before 8 pm and his name is adeel and confirm to call me soon before he reach but till now nothing happened and wasted my time. I am already happy with etisalat and want to switch some of other network but fail.
So kindly return my money back and I don't want now any such bad osn connection.

Reply me on urgent basis as I want my paid money back.
Want evidences, I can provide the recorded calls and sms.

bad installation services

osn subscription

I subscribed to OSN Egypt through a dealer first of January 2019 and paid with my card, only to be informed, after 2 weeks, that the card is a debit not a credit and it needed to...

Osn — charging my credit card without my knowledge

I was the customer of osn for longer time and this time I didn't want to renew my subscription with them. I called the osn customer support in the month of december and...

subscription

I have been an OSN client for about 12 years. I have been paying the installments on time for more than two consecutive years without disruption.
However, last September, my annual membership expired and I had some personal issues, so I couldn`t renew on time, so consequently, the service was interrupted, which is just fair.
Anyways, when i settled again and tried to re-connect the receiver, for my kids to watch the free channels till I had time to renew the annual membership.
Annoyingly though, I was really upset to find out that even the free channels were not streaming.
I called your call center and they told me that since the receiver has been changed a year and a half ago, then i still did not fulfill the "TWO CONSECUTIVE YEARS" clause in the contract.
Now, this is just none-sense, since i did my part and paid on time without delay, the receiver has been changed because the OSN asked for it, i did not want to change it.
Actually, to me having to go all the way to your office, to change the receiver, was a waste of time and effort, but anyways I did it, why on earth should i be punished for YOUR request to change the receiver.
It`s a matter of principle, I was going to renew last week, but this just frustrated me beyond imagination.
I hope you can help me resolve this issue.

• Ah
    Ahmed H. Jan 29, 2019

Dear Hala,

They did worse to me and I decided to file a case against them with the "Consumer Protection Authorities". First, they cheated by increasing the monthly subscription fees without telling us. When I found out later (more than a year later), I called them and told them I just wanted the free channels only. They gave me a different reason for not giving me the free channels. They said their policy doesn't allow them to do that. So, I told them to terminate the services. The instead suspended the services and started the services again without my consent after 3 months. They also charged my credit card for one more month. I wasted so much time on them with their unprofessional customer services representatives. By the way, their customer services representatives confessed that OSN policies are not good and not even reasonable. Please, file your case with "Consumer Protection" as well. Their web site is:

Thanks,

Ahmed

osn

The worst company i ever deal with .. my service have been disconnected from 4 days because of the bad weather and i make a request in 21 of oct and they gave me appointment in 23...

syfy channel

I am a passionate watcher of syfy channel and lately all you are showing are the silly animi and cartoon silly shows. You no longer show warehouse 13 or stargate sg1 at proper...

osn entertainment [protected]

20/8/2018 I called to upgrade my service and buy a new smart card ([protected] and [protected] premium plus) and cancel my old entertainment subscription ([protected])

My upgrade was processed immediately, and I was told that someone will call me within 48 hours from the VIP to process the canceled subscription.

4/9/2018 my credit card was charged for the cancelled subscription

20/8/2918-6/9/2018 no one called

6/9/2018 I called to inquire about the charge on my cancelled application, I was promised that someone from VIP department will call within 1 hour to attend to my complaint. No one called.

6/9/2018-12/9/2018 no one called.

12/9/2018 I called again to inquire about my refund and cancelled subscription. I was promised that some one from VIP will call within one hour. Someone did actually call.

12/9/2018 I spent nearly 30 minutes requesting a refund for the charge on September 4 which occurred after I cancelled my subscription. I was told the cancellation will be processed but the refund may take 7 days if approved.

16/9/2018 no refund is processed, my subscription [protected] is not yet cancelled.

Should the cancelation not take place, refund is not approved by the renewal date, I will cancel all my subsections [protected], [protected] and [protected]. Actually I will cancel my credit card so I don't have to call waist my time to cancel

osn tv package cancellation

Cancel subscriptions at end of July, 18, still getting invoices and credit card charged. After many call came with the lame excuse that is a mistake in the system that they will...

complaint about disconnection

SC # [protected]
Promotion Code: PHN7+5
Products: PEHLA Variety
Contract period: 7+5 Months
Contract Validity: From 30-Nov-17 to 29-Nov-18

Without having any common sense, service disconnected on July 3, 2017
After that called more than 15 times to customer care and spent 580 Dirham.
All customer care persons promised reconnection within 2 hours. Now more than one month passed. Not reonnected yet.

A big shame only !!!

unable to cancel my osn subscription

Dear Team, I have been trying to terminate my OSN subscription without any success. Initially they gave me one month free viewing and asked me to call on the 01st of August 2018...