Direct TV / fraudulent sales reps

United States Review updated:
2.5

We canceled the service within 3 days of setup. I was told by two different phone representatives from Direct TV that there would be no charge for cancellation for the first 30 days. I have called Direct TV two more times since that and was assured both times that the cancellation fee would be waived. The most recent call occurred on Sept 4, 2008 at 5:25 pm. Once again I was assured by a representative from Direct TV that the cancellation fee would be waived. I called the sales line on Sept 4, and was again told that I could cancel the service with no fee for up to 30 days. Direct TV and their representatives are telling me that I owe no money, and then submitting a claim to a collection agency who is threatening to take this matter further.

Comments

Jo
  5th of Aug, 2009
they have no idea what the others are doing. right hand has no idea what left hand doing. contact the collection agency notify it is not a valid bill and if you get more notices send info to your attorney general and the federal communication commission.

dish just got hit with a multi thousands fine.. let these goofs of frauds be heard.

DirecTV Logo DirecTV