Direct TV / billing after canceling service!

1 1-800-494-4388United States Review updated:

This Direct TV "Account" was terminated in September 2007 when I moved back to my home in another county in Mississippi. I never received another bill and assumed I was current. Somehow this account was continued without my knowledge and possible moved to another location. I am currently trying to contact CBE Group and/or Direct TV. I will pay their $678.00 blackmail in order to get this off my report. And if you ever see Direct TV on my report again I can assure you it will be fraudulent because I will never deal with them again. Note: I have contacted Direct TV's Costumer Support at phone number [protected] and after a hour they where unable to find my account. Isn't that a joke. They cannot find my account but they can screwup my credit report.

Damage Resulting:

The action of placing this on my credit report has affected my credit score by 70 points. This can possibly have an affect on a property purchase planned for next week. The legal ability for these people to do this is total and outrageously wrong.

Comments

• Hj
      29th of Jul, 2008

i terminated my service with DTV. while on vacation and checking mu bank account, noticed my account had been debited close to five hundred dlls. checking with DTV, i was informed that when i returned their equip, i would be credited. i had not received their shipping material. they said Fed Ex would be delivering within the next few days. when asked how long it would take for my credit, verbally and E-mail they said 4-5 working days after equipment was returned. equipment was returned on 7/11. on 7/23 checked with DTV, now they are saying my credit would take 6-8 wks. they are a big bully, seems they are punishing me for terminating service. didn"t take them long to debit my account, but somehow it takes a long time to credit, even when they did not send shipping material on time.

20th of Nov, 2008

After 9yrs.of service with direct tv.Icanceled my account with them.My stations kept going down in number.I also went through 3 seperate DVR's.The day after I cancelled service my DVR return box was on my porch, 2 days later they showed receipt of equip. Now direct tv is wanting to charge me 457.00 for canceling under contract.I know my contract was for one yr. only.I think that my payments that started at 63.00 and worked up to 108.00, plus 9 yrs.of service should get me out from under my 1 yr. contract. The man who installed my dish also made 2 sets of holes in my roof. That is not so bad, but he did not fill the first set of holes he made.Roof repair on a 12-12 roof is not at all cheap. I will go class action if need be. Thanks for the chance to tell this story to someone who will listen to me.Direct tv will not listen.