Direct TV / non disclosure of fees
My complaint deals with the non- disclosure of fees and 2 year contract.
While speaking with the customer service rep, setting up the installation time and the program i was selecting, there was no mention of a two year commitment to their service. If i were to quit my service prior to the two year period, i would have to pay a fine. In addition i was not told that the equipment i was receiving was on a lease basis, and the reminder of the lease would be due and payable at the time of disconnect. All of this i would find out at a later date by complaining about their service, or lack thereof, that i was under contract for two years and would have to pay fines and prorated fees for leasing of the equipment.
When the installer came to my house, he seemed to know what he was doing, but spoke very limited english that was very difficult to understand at best, upon compleation of the install, he asked me to sign a paer showing he did install the equipment. Upon trying to get him to explain the system, he just handed me the book stating that his english was not too good.
I signed the paper only to find out later that he was to go over the entire set up with the customer and by sighning, i was agreeing to a two year contract. Once again, i was not explainded to or disclosed to this agreement. I feel that this is fraud!
More Direct TV Complaints & Reviews
- AT&T / Direc TV Bundle My Services - overcharged 
- Direct TV - stay away - direct tv sucks! 
- Direct TV - very poor service and unacceptable contract 
- Direc TV & Costco - terrible experience! 
- Direct TV - prepaid visa card promotion 
- DirecTV - early terminatin fee
- DirecTV - genie replacement
- Direct TV - customer retention sucks
- DirecTV - customer service
- DirecTV - cancelled upgrade appointment and didn't notify us.