Direct TV / early cancellation fee!
I ordered Direct TV service on October 30, 2007. The salesman lied to me when he said the cost of the hd dvr (about $200) would be given back to me in the form of a rebate once the service was activated. When I found out this was not true, and after a poor installation experience, I decided to cancel the entire service, within my 3 days right of rescission.
After 2 different billing problems that my credit card company helped get reversed, I received a bill for about $200, almost two months after canceling the service. I had no idea what it was about, turns out they bill you for the initial hddvr, even though it was RETURNED TO THEM, IN THEIR BOX, WHICH THEY PROVIDED. So, here is a company that charges you for something you don't have, and have returned it in a timely manner. Where do they get off doing something like that?
This is the worst customer experience (besides xm radio) that I have ever witnessed.
A resolution dispute specialist promised to call me back, never did. Just a horrible experience, and I hope no one orders direct tv again, hope they go out of business.
More Direct TV Complaints & Reviews
- AT&T / Direc TV Bundle My Services - overcharged 
- Direct TV - stay away - direct tv sucks! 
- Direct TV - very poor service and unacceptable contract 
- Direc TV & Costco - terrible experience! 
- Direct TV - prepaid visa card promotion 
- DirecTV - Bully Service, Long Phone Calls, Falsifying Under Service contract when you Disconnect
- DirecTV - Service Call
- DirecTV - customer service rep/returned equipment charge
- DirecTV - inappropriate billing for cancelling my direct tv acct
- DirecTV - canceled and rescheduling appointment