Direct TV / early cancellation fee!

United States Review updated:
Phone: 7602144549
I ordered Direct TV service on October 30, 2007. The salesman lied to me when he said the cost of the hd dvr (about $200) would be given back to me in the form of a rebate once the service was activated. When I found out this was not true, and after a poor installation experience, I decided to cancel the entire service, within my 3 days right of rescission.

After 2 different billing problems that my credit card company helped get reversed, I received a bill for about $200, almost two months after canceling the service. I had no idea what it was about, turns out they bill you for the initial hddvr, even though it was RETURNED TO THEM, IN THEIR BOX, WHICH THEY PROVIDED. So, here is a company that charges you for something you don't have, and have returned it in a timely manner. Where do they get off doing something like that?

This is the worst customer experience (besides xm radio) that I have ever witnessed.

A resolution dispute specialist promised to call me back, never did. Just a horrible experience, and I hope no one orders direct tv again, hope they go out of business.

Comments

Jc
  1st of Feb, 2008
I had a major problem with the Qwuest PHONE INTERNETT BUNDLE. after having sow many problems I wanted to cancel services 13 days into this Direct TV said to bad there is a $260 cancellation charge. I read the terms of the contract nowhere does it say anything about 3 days. The CUSTOMER SERVICE REP ( YEAH RIGHT) stated that that information comes 5 days after your service starts How conveniant. I will never sign anything again. When i told the intstaller I just had Eye surgery and couldnt read what I was signing he said that it is an agreement that if I cancel service I must return equipment,That sounded resonable to me. I will be locating him personally....SCAMMED if you have a problem with them they dont want to help at all. I will call the every day with problems until they cancel ME.

DirecTV Logo DirecTV