Direct TV / beware of their scam and rip off!
My son received a call on his cell phone on the last part of June, this year just showed up on his caller I.D. as Direct TV. The man told him we were getting a upgrade on our services, since we had been a good customer the last 4 yrs. He asked my son for my credit card which I do not have, so he then ask for my S.S.# without thinking he gave it to him, he sat up an appointment,to be here on 7-3-07. When he came I was not home but my son was, The man hooked it up by the time I returned home it was all done. When I saw the van door it said Dish Network, on it. The man had me to sign a paper, which I did without thinking, I then ask if the 2 Companies had merged as 1, he said no. Then said sounded like I was scammed. So when he left I called &cancelled this & told her we were already with a cable co. She said it would be shut off at midnight, which it was not I tried to get hold of someone but did not get this resolved until around around the 27th of July with a balance of $249.00,Payment due this month of $ 196.49. And someone has made a $ 2.00 pmnt. on my account on 7-24-07 with a visa which I do not own. I thought you should know about this scam RIP OFF, ESPECIALLY FOR PEOPLE ON FIXED INCOMES LIKE MYSELF. Thanks, Barbara Pilant
More Direct TV Complaints & Reviews
- AT&T / Direc TV Bundle My Services - overcharged 
- Direct TV - stay away - direct tv sucks! 
- Direct TV - very poor service and unacceptable contract 
- Direc TV & Costco - terrible experience! 
- Direct TV - prepaid visa card promotion 
- DirecTV - Told one thing when I call and call back and get told another...
- Direct TV - Direct TV on screen Guide
- DirecTV - Customer service was HORRIBLE!!!
- DirecTV - protection plan scam 
- Direct TV - menu font and functionality