Direct TV / install & cust. support

I recently decided to get off cable and try Satellite. Since I can't get any real information about installation costs on the phone without being dumped over to a fast talker sales rep. I decided to try Direct Tv, on the sign up on the web, what they don't tell you is that you have to sign up for 2 years to get the free premiums for 3 months, also there is a $25.00 shipping charge, that they wave, but comes back later- Not waved! So on Install day, the tech was supposed to arrive from 12 to 4pm, so at 4:30 when he had no arrived and no call, I called support, they send an email to corporate asking for tech. arrivals. That's just weak I had to call support 3 times, on hold forever, and got a time frame. The tech finally did arrive 2 1/2 hours late. So after all this bull crap he told be he can't install as there's no clear sky to the South West. That's info I needed to have before all this crap. The support call backs never came, customer support had the "I could care less" attitude. So be prepared for crappy cust. service, hidden charges, and lack important info before you sign up.

Comments

• Ga
      13th of Sep, 2013

TO DIRECT TV WE ONLY HAD SERVICE FOR A FEW MONTHS AND NOW THE DISH ITSELF IS NOT LETTING US GET CLEAR SERVICE WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO PAY EXTRA MONEY TO HAVE SOMEONE COME OUT TO RESET MY DISH WHEN IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN SET RIGHT IN THE FIRST PLACE. PS I WELL CLIMB UP AND DO YOUR JOB MYSELF SINCE I HAVE TO PAY. DISH NOT SET RIGHT FROM THE THE BEGINNING.