Direct TV / non installation/follow up phone calls

United States Review updated:
Direct TV
Saturday February 28, Direct TV sent a installer and because the wind was blowing in excess of 40 mph we both agreed that it was too dangerous. He stated that he would reschedule my installation for Monday the 2nd, but I said that would not work so he got on the phone and scheduled it for Tuesday the 3rd. Monday the 2nd I called DIRECTTV to confirm, having a suspecious nature, and they told me "NO" that a installer was on his way and I said "NO" that I was at work at work and could not break for 4 hours today. I explained that it was set up the next day the 3rd and they put me on hold and came back in a short minute and said OK that it was set up. Then the installer called me the 2nd and said "Why would you trust the installer who was at my house, Saturday? He was just a independent contractor". He stated that unless he was in an official DIRECTTV van then he probably did not schedule the installation for the 3rd. I stated that I talked to the people at 800-DIRECTTV and they assured me that they would be there on the 3rd. He said it was not scheduled. On the 3rd, feeling uneasy, I called again to verify my installation and they told me that it was scheduled for the 2nd and was cancelled. I naturally went crazy and asked to speak to a supervisor and Tony (which I doubt) came on the line stated he was a resolution specialist.
I said OK and explain the above and without so much of an apology or effort to defuse the situation started telling me that there was nothing he could/would do, other than, reschedule. After ranting awhile I finally calmed down enough to ask when? He went away for a while and finally said the 5th. I asked him if we could do it from 8-12 and he did not say "No, Mr. Aylor, I am sorry but we are filled, but we could work with you in the afternoon". What he did say was "NO, 1-5 only".
At that point I said cancel the whole thing. Oh, by the way, he did say I'll give you a hundred dollars or we can just cancel earlier in the conversation, but never once did he give consideration that I took off work that morning and never once state that he was had empathy for this situation.
Now, I know having been in retail for my entire 40+ years in business that you spend huge amounts of revenue promoting your product and in one unbelievable phone call it all comes to an end because you are trusting those on the phone to handle your customers with kid gloves.
I will not re-sign with DIRECTTV and will tell as many who will listen that the company is being run by incompetents. Hire, train and follow up on that training daily or continue to lose not one, but everyone they know and touch.

N  16th of Jul, 2010 by
I have soooooooo much problems right now, this independent contractor is Fisher out of North Carolina. I will never have service w them again

DirecTV Logo DirecTV