Direct TV / penalty for cancelling
When we moved from another city to Simi Valley, we did as DirecTV told us and that was to take the equipment and leave the dish. We did and we also upgraded to HD. After of year of total ignorance from their customer service department we decided to have the new AT&T system installed. We did and cancelled our DirecTV, which we had for almost 5 years. On their last bill they added a $250.00 cancellation charge claiming we were in to another 2 year contract.
We never signed any paperwork locking us in to another 2 years and was told that on our first monthly bill they disclosed that we were locked in to 2 more years. BS. We won't pay it. By the way, the AT&T system is fantastic!!
More Direct TV Complaints & Reviews
- AT&T / Direc TV Bundle My Services - overcharged 
- Direct TV - stay away - direct tv sucks! 
- Direct TV - very poor service and unacceptable contract 
- Direc TV & Costco - terrible experience! 
- Direct TV - prepaid visa card promotion 
- Direct TV - cable
- DirecTV - service technician not showing up on the day of the scheduled appointment and no phone contact to explain the delay or why. 
- Direct TV - customer service dept 
- Direct TV - unprofessional service 
- DirecTV - directv satellite dish tv