Direc TV & Skylink / 4 missed installation appointments!

1 WI, United States Review updated:

My saga started 5 weeks ago. I called them that I wanted to upgrade my equipment to HD receivers and dish. They set up an appointment time. It was confirmed two days before the appointment date. No one showed up.

I complained and got 3 months free Showtime/Movie Channel and a new appointment date. That date came, no one showed up. I was furious, got $100 off on my bill, and a third appointment date.

That third date was yesterday, no one showed up again. I called the installing agent for Directv directly (Skylink) they said they spoke to a supervisor and they would make a special run out on Sunday morning (today) and "if there is a problem with them not being able to come, a supervisor themself would be out to work on it". No one showed up today.

Tomorrow I'll call Skylink again, get a 5th installation date. Then call Directv for another hour long phone call being bounced around to numerous people, to complain again and request $200 credit for these last two missed appointments (their policy is afterall, $100 credit for any missed appointments after the initial date). What is up with Directv and/or the ones they chose to do their installation? Problem with Directv or Skylink?

Well, if we ever do get someone out here to do our HD equipment, it is off to the Better Business Bureau to complain about both companies, and to email the CEO of Directv himself (yes I have his email address). What I have gone through, sitting around for days waiting for an installer is nuts.

Cl

Comments

2nd of Aug, 2008

Did I write this? Oh no, wait, I'm sitting here (in Wisconsin!) waiting for what will be the 5th no show. Directv has credited $300 to my account so far for no shows. The installing company has no business being in business. What a bunch of clowns! They schedule the appointment, call 3 or 4 times to remind me to keep it, don't call during the time frame to tell me they are not coming. When and if they do call later (I've had to call them two out of the four times), they say "the truck didn't come in" Aaaaagh! BBB after today!

• Cl
      5th of Aug, 2008

I too had the same problem with Direct TV and skylink and I am in Three Lakes WI. I do not know what to do- I cam so mad.

7th of Aug, 2008

This Skylink company (and I use that word very loose) is a joke.

I was made to wait a week for the first install appointment. The day of the appointment I got a call--very shortly before the time-- they could not make it. I had to reschedule. Hahahaha... they need to answer their phone in order for me to reschedule--and they are not doing that. So much for "our hours are 8 a.m.until...". I have already let Directv know that this is unsatisfactory. I will have my dish installed immediately or I will go get one elsewhere.

I did not have problems like this before with Directv. I have no intention of putting up with it now.

• La
      22nd of Aug, 2008

Does any one have a number to get a hold of someone live? or the email address of the CEO I need it - having same problem of know one answering and missed appointments

• Da
      30th of Aug, 2008

I too have had no luck with skylink; last year was going to upgrade to HD but on day of appointment they called to say that this day was just to confirm my installation! what a lying bunch these guys are. well i made another app. and because i was at work the day before the app. they cancelled. well another app. made and yet another no show; saying this day was to confirm upgrde . I cancelled the upgrade . Now 10 months later decided to try upgrade one more time; well was informed they could not make app. and to call and rescheldule. No one answering ! Have taken 3 days vacation during all this time waiting for no-one. ANYONE HAVE IDEAS?

• Ra
      30th of Aug, 2008

SkyLink. . .what a waste.

Here's my story:

- Buy an HD TV in early August.
    - Schedule an HD install about a week later.
    - Skylink doesn't show up, doesn't call.
    - Complain to DirecTV, get $100 credit.
    - Reschedule install about a week later.
    - Get a call the night before that they are cancelling my install.
    - Call DirecTV to find out what the heck is going on.
    - DirecTV gives me another $100 credit and 1 year of HD service.
    - Get call from Skylink to reschedule to the next Saturday, noon to 4.
    - Call about 3 to make sure they are indeed showing up. Leave message.
    - Get call back about 4. . .for some reason they didn't have my install on their schedule, but they will call a supervisor to get a tech out.
    - Get another call at 5:15 p.m.; they're still working on getting a tech out.
    - Call DirecTV to complain yet again.
    - DirecTV tells me they will send a complaint to company management; I also learn that DirecTV's agreement with Skylink is that DirecTV is supposed to have a number they can call to get someone to answer. . .In three different weeks of talking to DirecTV, they were unable to talk with someone.. .always got an answering machine.
    - It shouldn't be this difficult to get HD installed.

• Wi
      2nd of Sep, 2008

We have been stood up six times by Skylink. The seventh appointment is this coming weekend. As my wife said; "God help them if they don't show up this time!"

• Gr
      12th of Sep, 2008

I had my first appointment on 9/5...installer never showed up...tried calling Sky Link and all I got was a recording...even Directv couldn't get thru...they finally called after 5 hours and said they called me the night before at 7:30 rescheduling the appt. I was home the night before and they never called. Supposedly rescheduled for 9/22..will see.

• Km
      15th of Sep, 2008

Boy, this is like dejavu to our issue(s). We are also in Wisconsin (greater Milwaukee area). Here is the number of a supposed Supervisor with DTV... altho I don't believe it. 414-5876989

I am calling Time Warner as we speak to switch service.

• Er
      21st of Sep, 2008

Here I thought I was alone with the nightmares I have been having trying to get my DirecTv installed. Twice in the last year I had do deal with the SkyLink company to install DirecTv products...both times included missed appointments and horrible customer service. Unfortuantely the root of these problems don't come from DirecTv, but their company's perception is hurting due to SkyLink.

23rd of Sep, 2008

I have had bad luck with my DVR installed in March, and even worse time with SKYLINK. Three DVRs Later and a promise for a new one to be installed. I too have had several appts missed in the last13 days. on the 10th showed up 3 hours passed the time window (I was pulling out of my driveway already late), 17th showed up but without any DVR to fix the problem (Which the installer on the 10th stated he had with him), 20th no show, 22nd Supervisor to come but a no show. Received a call on the 22nd around 330 from a tech and was going to drop a box off for me to put in but never did. Been calling SKYLINK and no answer. Called Directv and they can't even get ahold of them. Calls ring and repeat the message but they never pickup, after an hour and a half it disconnects. Reached a supervisor at the above posted number, it is real and his name is Greg. He said he would call me back. We will see. He is waiting to hear from Jason at his office... Hmmmmm.

23rd of Sep, 2008

414-5876989 is a real number for GREG with SKYLINK in Milwaukee. GOOD LUCK. I am still waiting to see if he helps out or is just like the rest of the company.

1st of Oct, 2008

Well my saga did result in my receiving a DVR Box for me to swap out myself. The person that I mentioned above called his Manager who in turn did drop off a box. Interestingly enough he missed his appointment too. After reassuring me that he would take care of things personally and would make sure he would arrive on time and not within a 4 hour window... I had to call him and restate his promise to me. He was on an install that he didn't have time for me now. Well after a slight discussion he agreed to bring the box out to me. He stood there talking to me longer than it would have taken him to install the box and activate it, as he was trying to apologize over and over. So we will see how well this box works but so far it has worked well longer than the last two that I had. The manager that helped me is Jason at 262-565-8387... so if you have problems with Skylink in Milwaukee he works for a company that contracts with Skylink. Good Luck to you

• Je
      9th of Oct, 2008

I can't believe this. I was just googling Skylink so I could get their address to send a written complaint. I am on my third try with them for installation. I just moved and have no tv whatsoever. In my area I have three choices for television service, one has none of the channels I need, the other wants to charge hundreds of dollars just to set up, and then there is Directv which would be great if I could just get it installed. UGHHHHH I am glad I read these complaints. I had no idea it was so bad.

• Kt
      17th of Oct, 2008

This group of invisible installers are the worst that I have encountered. We operate a residential care service . Time is important, being able to get things accomplished in a reasonable time period is critical and we consistently have missed appointments, when they do show up they look like they just climbed out of bed and to reschedule is shy to impossible.
    I am like others, I would love to have a real person that I can talk to, write to and get results from..

• To
      22nd of Nov, 2008

I could have written any of these comments. It is unbelievable. I have been trying to get HD upgrade since Aug. The 4th installment appt through skylink came & went again today 11-22-08. I have to tell you they really did show up for the 3rd appt. He came, did all the installment, gave me the new control and a book for the instructions on how to use the DVR. I told him I was to get HD upgrade not a DVR. He showed me the work order and there was nothing on it for HD upgrade, only the DVR. He said I would need to call DirctTV and schedule another installation appt. And here we go again.
    BUT remember DirectTV values us all as loyal customers...and they are sorry. Yea right, but they don't do anything except promise to have some one call you back.
    And have you noticed, if you ask for something sent by email for comfirmation on something they tell you, they aren't able to do it. But they have no problem sending emails offering new packages or upgrades.

9th of Dec, 2008

Skylink doesn't schedule the appointments...Directv does. Also if the scheduler at Directv doesn't put something on the work order saying that something is to be done, the installers cannot do it. It has to be rescheduled. It's not the installers choice what to do.

• Bo
      17th of Dec, 2008

I too am frustrated, purchased DirecTV and Wild Blue so we could be connected on line replacing dialup. We have dish network now and like it, but they are too expensive for wild blue. I finally got an appointment to install and they did show up, but after standing around for a half hour said he couldn't go on the roof because of snow. I asked him why Skylink wouldn't have mentioned that we needed to do something about so they left and I rescheduled for next wed. No show or call. I even put plastic on the roof in case of snow. I called DirecTV and again no help. If I ran my business like this, I'd be home all the time and an appointment wouldn't be necessary. And how can you call an appointment an appointment when you plan to be 4 hours late? I feel very insignificant as a customer these days. The only way out is to go to a secluded island and live out the rest of my life, away from false promises from businesses that don't care about customers anymore.

30th of Dec, 2008
    Direc TV & Skylink - LATE/NOCALL/NO SHOW
    SKYLINK AND DIRECT TV
    West Bend
    Wisconsin

SEVERELY UNHAPPY WITH BOTH THE CUSTOMER SERVICE ON DIRECT TV'S END AND SKYLINK'S END AS WELL. OUR FIRST INSTALL WAS SUPPOSE TO HAPPEN THE WEEKEND BEFORE CHRISTMAS. IT WAS NOTED THAT WE WERE SUPPOSE TO HAVE AN INSTALLER FROM SKYLINK COME ON THAT SATURDAY BETWEEN 12-4 AND THAT THEY NEEDED TO BE EQUIPT WITH A TRIPOD MOUNT WHICH THEY WOULD CHARGE US 59.99 FOR SO THAT THEY WOULDN'T MOUNT THE SATELLITE TO OUR APARTMENT. FIRST, THE ORDER WAS PUT IN WRONG ON DIRECT TV'S END, HAD I NOT LOOKED ON THE ONLINE ACCT I CREATED AFTER SETTING UP SERVICE I WOULD NOT HAVE KNOWN. THEY HAD THE INSTALLER COMING FRIDAY BETWEEN 8-12 SO AFTER ACLLING DIRECT TV AND WAITING FOREVER ON HOLD AND BEING TRANSFERRED A MILLION TIMES THAT FINALLY GOT CHANGED AND SETTLED. SO SATURDAY CAME AND THE INSTALER CALLED AT 12:07...I THOUGHT WOW!! WELL, HE ACTUALLY HAD THE WRONG CUSTOMER AND TOLD ME THAT OUR APARTMENT WAS THE NEXT TO BE INSTALLED AFTER THEY WERE FINISHED WITH THE JOB THEY WERE GOING TO. OK COOL, ATLEAST WE HAD AN ESTIMATE. I ALSO CONFIRMED THAT WE NEEDED A TRIPOD MOUNT AND EVERYTHING WAS SET. THEN APPROX. 4:10 CAME AROUND...SO NOW WE ARE AFTER THE INSTALL TIME...AND THE TECH CALLED TO SAY THAT THEY WOULD BE 20 MIN. LATE AND THAT THEY DIDN'T HAVE A TRIPOD MOUNT SO THEY'D HAVE TO MOUNT TO THE BUILDING OR WE'D HAVE TO GET A CONTRACTOR TO GET US A MOUNT...YEAH OK...IT'S AFTER THE INSTALL TIME, YOU'RE RUNNING LATE AND YOU DONT HAVE THE TRIPOD THAT I JUST CONFIRMED WITH YOU AT NOON THAT WE NEEDED...SO WHY THE HELL COULDN'T YOU TELL ME THIS AT NOON AND SAVED ME A WASTED DAY OF SITTING IN THE HOUSE WITH NO TV AND 3 LITTLE CHILDREN?? I DID VOICE MY OPINION BECAUSE THIS ISN'T THE FIRST TIME WE WERE SCREWED OVER. BEFORE SIGNING WITH DIRECT TV WE WERE SUPPOSE TO HAVE AT&T UVERSE INSTALLED AND THAT WAS A MESS...3 APPOINTMENTS LATER AND WE CANCELLED WITH THAT. NOW THE INSTALL WITH DIRECT TV WAS ALL BAD...I WAS PISSED YET ENDED UP RESCHEDULING. I ASKED DIRECT TV NOT TO USE THAT COMPANY BECAUSE I DIDN'T WANT THAT WHOLE MESS TO HAPPEN AGAIN, THEY TOLD ME THAT SKYLINK WAS THE COMPANY THAT AUTOMATICALLY COMES UP IN THEIR SYSTEM AND THAT IT COULDN'T BE CHANGED EVEN THOUGH THEY HAD GIVEN ME 2 COMPANY NAMES FOR INSTALLERS. SO I WEEK LATER AND MY FIANCE TAKING OFF WORK TO GET THIS INSTALLED AGAIN AND WHAT DO YOU KNOW...NO CALL NO SHOW FROM SKYLINK!!! AFTER THEY DID NOT SHOW OR CALL I CALLED DIRECT TV FROM WORK...THIS WAS THE DAY AFTER CHRISTMAS...AFTER THE LADY COULDN'T HELP ME AT ALL I ASKED TO BE TRANSFERRED TO SOMEONE WHO COULD (MIND YOU THAT WAS AFTER 1 HOUR OF WAITING FOR HER TO FIGURE IT OUT...) AND I WAS "DISCONNECTED"...HUNG UP ON! I FROM THAT MOMENT SAID FORGET IT. I THEN TRIED TO CONTACT SKYLINK ALL DAY LEAVING MULTIPLE MESSAGES WITH NO RETURNED PHONE CALL...TALK ABOUT CUSTOMER SERVICE...BUT HEY, THEY STILL HAVEN'T CALLED! ANYWAYS, WHEN I GOT OFF WORK I CALLED DIRECT TV TO CANCEL! I EVEN GOT HASSELED TRYING TO CANCEL A SERVICE I DIDN'T EVEN HAVE YET! SHE WAS GOING TO WAVE THE DVR FEE OF $10/MO FOR 1 YEAR SAVING ME $120...I TOLD HER SHE DIDN'T EVEN REIMBURSE MY FIANCE HIS FULL DAY WAGE WITH THAT...CANCEL IT. ALL SHE KEPT SAYING WAS "I'M SORRY YOU WONT BE ABLE TO ENJOY THE WONDERFUL DIRECT TV EXPERIENCE" WELL LADY, I WOULD'VE LOVED TO BUT YA'LL MESSED UP AND THAT'S NOT MY PROBLEM. I SIGNED OVER WITH DISH NETWORK...THEY'RE SUPPOSE TO COME AND INSTALL NEW YEARS DAY...WE'LL SEE WHAT HAPPENS...3RD TIMES A CHARM HEY? I HOPE SO...TIRED OF ALL THE HEADACHES!

• De
      1st of Jan, 2009

I have had a ton of trouble with Skylink and Directv. I have been a customer since 1995. I had the local television electronics company due the original authorized install. Now I am suppose to have Skylink do the upgrade to local channels. They are useless. Directv is useless. Both lie. Skylink said I had rescheduled appt, Directv said they would let the local company install and pay them. Directv even talked with the president of my local company and in the middle hung up on her. I get hung up on so many times by Directv. I have contacted the Better Business Bureau. I am about to contact the president of Directv. It is Directv's fault as much as Skylink. They subcontract to idiots. Then Directv lies. I am waiting over 3 days for a supervisor to return my call. I'll probably freeze first. If anyone has an address or email to Directv President please let me know.