DHL Express / service levels

1 United Arab Emirates Review updated:

I wish to draw your attention on the level of services offered to your customer.

My consignment AWB# [protected] containing my Debit Card was handed over DHL by my bank i.e. Mashreq Bank on 20th April (or may be earlier). I got a call from DHL on 20th morning informing that there is consignment for me. She said you will get the consignment by tomorrow or dayafter i.e. 21st / 22nd. I requested the lady to organize the delivery before end of the day 21st April, as I will not be available after that and I require the consignment urgently. It reflects that she has put the instruction in the dispatch slip.

Unfortunately despite request & promise by Customer Service, I did not get my consignment. This consignment came to my office on 22nd April. Being not in office, as I was attending Dubai Quality Award ceremony, I got a call from my office that there is a consignment for me, I asked my telephone operator to give the line to delivery person. I asked delivery person that this consignment was promised to reach me by yesterday, and despite my request and assurance why it was not delivered to me. I told him to bring the delivery by the evening. He said he can bring it by next day only (i.e.) Thursday. Unfortunately it did not get delivered on Thursday even.

This being my Debit Card, a replacement to my previous Card, I had to cancel my flight to India, which I was taking on Friday to attend my cousin brother marriage in Mumbai. I could not have gone to India, that too for marriage, without being able to withdraw funds.

It is really unfortunate that an organization like DHL Express, has such a level of service. I fail to understand if a local courier takes 1 week for delivery, then what Express courier Service means.

I am writing this mail in too much dejection from your service.

If this is your Service Levels, then God Bless DHL and more so the customers from the services of DHL.

I believe DHL management will take some clue from this incident and do something to save their image.

Regards,
Praveen Upadhyaya

Comments

• Ti
      8th of Dec, 2008
    DHL Express - Does not take responsibility
    DHL Express

Have problems with DHL not wanting to take actions to fix a problem they created. Drop a express package of in Gallup, NM on 11-15-08 Paid 16 dollars to have it Expressed . It's been sitting in that box since . On the 18th been dealing with DHL, UPS, Trip Pack .Trip Pack is the only one that has tried to solve this problem . DHL has just gave me the run around, promises to call me back with info, etc. Nothing . They take all info promise to call back, don't call back . Ask for the person you talked with before - fun- no there by that name . Have to go through all the crap again, again . To date I have spoken with 17 different people at DHL - An I can tell you not one piece of info was saved through out 6 hrs of talking . Then on the 21st DHL reached the ALB. NM office, where the manager Art Torez tells me that it is not his box anymore they do not have access to this box . Then 5 mins into telling me all this he tells me that he can have a driver go up there 160 miles to check box but it will cost me a huge amount . As of today Trip Pack is the only willing to work with me on this, DHL has tried to wipe there hands of this . 11-24-08 I called it see if it was picked up today or at least in the system yet - nope . Was told to hold they would get Art Torez on the phone and find out an update . He would not even talk with me - told Ms. Lisa w/DHL customer service that he sent 2 drives out there to get in box - nobody had key it was locked couldn't get in it . No phone call to let me know this, nothing done . Talked with Nikki with trip pack - while on hold she has the truck stop open the box to see if that tracking # was in box . So, Mr. Torez lied, ignored and disrespected me . Just because it's a confusing mishap that they caused . As of now I'm still sitting here waiting to hear where my package is . My Thanksgiving is ruined because my husbands pay check in sitting in a box somewhere in NM that nobody wants to take care of . Very glad DHL is going global - because they suck at there job here.