DHL / their drivers deliver packages to the wrong addresses

DHL's tracking site stated they left a package at my front door. I was home the entire day in question and never saw DHL once. FedEx seemed to deliver a package to my brother that same day with no problem. After playing phone tag with customer service at DHL, it turned out that the idiot driver delivered it to the wrong address. And then when he tried to retrieve it, he failed at that too! In this day and age, how does a delivery service of all services get an address wrong??? Also, when I had raised the issue with a customer service representative from 1-800-CALL-DHL, the representative was very cold and sounded as though it was a normal occurrence that their drivers deliver packages to the wrong address.

Va

Comments

20th of Aug, 2008

I have the same problem today. I live in Manila Philippines and my bf lives in Lexington Ky. I shipped a 25 kilo box to be delivered to him. It was meant to be a surprise. When I tracked my box, it said that it was already delivered and signed for. But when I talked to my bf, he still hasn't received the box! I got so worried so I called up the local customer service no. of DHL here and Manila to report this issue. I also chatted with some agent on the DHL USA website to complain about it. To my surprise, the agent told me that it got misdelivered to a totally different address! Sheeeesh, I said how in the world could the delivery guy miss the correct address when it's already on the box itself! I am so freaking mad right now!!! The agent told me that the courier has been advised to recover my box and redeliver it to the correct address. I don't know if they will still be able to retrieve it. God knows if someone already opened the box. I just hope that the one who received it won't open the box. I told the agent that the delivery guy should be fired for what he did! It is such a hassle and I am just pissed. I should've just sent my package through FEDEX instead. I had been sending packages through Fedex and I haven't experienced anything like this yet.

12th of Nov, 2008

i too experienced the same problem. i was supposed to get my package from dhl last friday. i called the dhl and spoken to the customer representative, they said there was a handling error and told me to wait till next monday to recieve it. i waited from 3 pm to 8 pm, and kept calling the dhl customer repre and complained to them. these customer representative are useles because they cant help me at all. so when 8 pm came, the dhl still didn't come. i was so pissed, wasted my entire day waiting for a package that never came. today is wednesday and yet i still havnet gotten the package, i used the tracking number and checked my status on the DHL website tracking. the status showed that my package has been shipped on that same monday i waited for. jesus, i called the customer representaive again, she said that my package was delivered to a wrong address. i was like wtf is going on here. how can a deliver guy delivered to a wrong address when the shipping address is cleared posted on the package.. idk, i had a feeling it will be lost.. my feeling came true. now i think i am gonna have to call the supplier where i purchased my item and tell them to ship me a new item. this is absurd, and very unprofessional.