DHL / Customer Abuse

1 France

I just used DHL Services to send a suitcase from Paris to my friends in Barcelona who were leaving for a cruise. They needed their suitcase with their clothes. DHL promised the suitcase would be there and could be picked up by Friday, the 19th of October. I sent the suitcase on the 15th. It took me a whole day trying to get the phone number and the address of where the suitcase could be picked up. It was promised for Friday. People on the phone in Madrid were extremely rude, and refused to deliver any information about their Barcelona office, saying that they were not to answer any international phone calls. The people in France had no address for their Barcelona office. A dozen e-mails were exchanged, always automatic, please call the same number in Spain. Many times they hung in my face. Finally when my friends went to pick up their suitcase in Barcelona, DHL was closed during their office hours. When the Cruiser's concierge tried to have the suitcase delivered on the boat, after a three hour negotiation DHL flatly refused and hung up in their face. My friends were forced to go on the cruise without their suitcase. After paying 211€ for a failed service and extremely rude communication, I think I should be reimbursed.