Days Inn / rude staff at night

Haggerstown MD, United States Review updated:

Actually I wanted to contact Days Inn for Complaining about the Counter Staff.
I booked to hotel from NY on 16th at 11:00 AM and gave my credit card number around 2 PM. I arrived with my family of 6 at the hotel around 11:45 PM at night for check in. The reservation software application is not showing correctly. I wanted 2 Rooms and 6 persons. 3 in each room. It did not booked correctly.

Upon arrival, the counter person one Indian guy doesn't know how to behave with customer started talking in broken English. He was arguing with me for 45 minutes. He told me that policy is 2 adults per room. I said okay I need 3 person in a room. The person said, it will be extra. I said okay how much it will be, $60 was my booking and he said $ 75. Then He gave me paper to sign. I found that one room is charged for $ 75 and another room is charged to me for $ 86. When I asked him about this, again he started arguing with me and refused to give me the room.

Please imagine that at midnight, where I am going to Shop for another hotel?

I told him whatever he wants let me sign and will write to the Days Inn Management. finally I was allotted room at 12:30 am and I left for North Carolina on Sunday Morning at 6:00 AM.

I need an answer from you and kick that guy out from Days inn for his rude behavior with me and keep waiting my family for a long time at night.

Sw
May 19, 2015

Comments

• Ji
      17th of Feb, 2008
    Days Inn - Terrible service!
    1925 webster street
    Alameda
    California
    Phone: 510-521-8400

Put my do not disturb sign out went to breakfast came back before checkout and found the maid setting at my living room table eating her meal. Asked her what she was doing in my room she spoke no English but grabbed her stuff and left. Went to the manager he said he was sorry. This is not right I never want to stay in another days inn.

12th of May, 2008
    Days Inn - Garbage
    5068 Centre Street
    Niagara Falls
    Ontario
    Canada
    www.daysinn.ca

I stayed in the Days Inn Niagara on Centre street May 9th 2008. When I got to the room I found trash left behind from the previous guest. I reported this to the front desk, their response was"they will speak to house keeping". Im sorry but that is not good enough!!! This was my birthday, also driving 2hours to find thrash in my room!!! I would like a refund or discount on another stay!!!

• Ri
      3rd of Jul, 2008
    Days Inn - Double charges
    www.daysinn.com

Stayed at Days Inn at Ogelthorpe mall, Savannah, GA. I paid for my room up front on the internet when I scheduled and had to pay again the next morning when I left. The mgr said that the original payments was just to hold the room and wouldn't be charged, but they lied.

• Ur
      25th of Jul, 2008
    Days Inn - dirty hotel
    days inn
    Devils Lake
    North Dakota

the room smelled of smoke. the towels and sheets were dirty. there was a hole on the roof of the bathroom that, by the way, hadnt been cleaned !!!
    the worst!!!

24th of Aug, 2008
    Days Inn - Never received order placed
    Seattle
    Washington
    Phone: 2062412200

We placed our order on March 23, 2008 and check was sent on 3/25/2008 and cleared on 4/3/2008. Nothind has been received so far after 5 months.I had called and emailed 5o times and every time I had given new date of delivery. Big fraud and no help, please get my money refunded and I had learned a big lesson.

• Ro
      8th of Jun, 2009
    Days Inn - reservation deception,not refundable
    Wisconsin Dells
    Wisconsin
    Phone: 6082546444

Main Days Inn web site deceptively tricked me into making aresevation that could not be cancelled. Repeated calls got no help, they refused to refund $264 charge evn though reservation was 2 weeks away. Called both motel and main office, just got the run around. They are crooks and they robbed me of $264.

• Dl
      10th of Jul, 2009

No. It says it can not be cancelled. I booked at the same hotel before you did and read the policy. If you didnt read it, thats your stupidity.

• Be
      19th of Aug, 2009
    Days Inn - room complaint
    Kill Devil Hills
    North Carolina

The room was terrible, nothing like what was pictured on internet. Was booked to stay 2 nights - only stayed one night because of the room and I am simply asking for $135 to refunded for the night I did not stay

• Re
      18th of Sep, 2009
    Days Inn - problems with service& room
    1201 w. College Ave.
    Milwaukee

Around June 23, 2009 I stayed at Days Inn in Oak Creek, WI and there were problems I had with my stays as far as my privacy of information was revealed to other source over the phone & a situation with a man in another room. I had informed the manager when I had left, that I was dissatisfied with the ordeal. My name is Gina Gonzalez
    (972)365-5393

• Co
      24th of Sep, 2009

Dlakers what Days Inn hotel do you work for? it is obvious that you work for the hotel or were asked by the hotel staff to post this comment. Stupid is a company that thinks they can give poor customer service and not eventually affect its business. Please refund this man's money. I have seen you post many comments on this site and it is clear that your are biased and very rude. Nameste.

4th of Oct, 2009

How is dlakers being biased or rude?? Its not difficult to see on hotel websites that a rate is non-refundable. Its this person's fault for booking a non refundable reservation. People need to acceptable responsibility for their actions such as with this case.

4th of Oct, 2009

What does this complaint have to do with Days Inn?????

4th of Oct, 2009

Seriously, you want a refund for some trash in the room???? While the trash should have not been left like that, you are going way overboard asking for a refund.. Plus if a little bit of trash would ruin your trip, then you have other issues...

23rd of Nov, 2009
    Days Inn - Room Conditions
    N/A
    Florida

I went on Vacation with my family and we stay overnight at a Days Inn in Vineland, New Jersey. In which the days Inn room condition was deteriorated, then I asked to change room for a more expensive one and they gave me a room where the water drainage was bad too, so next day I informed the receptionist about the problem. But I decided to stay with my relatives instead. Ihope to heard from you soon. Thanks

26th of Dec, 2009

No feedback for my complaint

26th of Dec, 2009

I haven't heard from my complaint

15th of Dec, 2010
    Days Inn - paid for rooms that se didn't stay in
    Day's Inn
    Des Plaines
    Illinois

resv. #602815262635 and resv. # 602815261481 the last night we stayed in these two rooms We check out and we were charge for them still

• Gi
      1st of Jul, 2011
    Days Inn - Company doesn't stand by their word
    Fort Myers
    Florida

Manager said I would be comped my room for a night due to my complaining & they still took money out of my checking account for the stay

• He
      1st of Jul, 2011

umm what did you complain about? So do you make it a habbit of complaining to get a free night stay?

8th of Jul, 2011

I check in at a Days Inn at (2522 N. Dale Mabry Tampa FL 33607) 813 877 6181)
    Font Desk Jessica, my check in was 7/7/11, 1;30 . Room no toliet Paper, could take a bath because no
    Towels. so I called front Jessica answers time about 1;50 to inform her about issues. She responed
    I will take of it in a few. I said Thank you. so at 2;20 i went to the office they told me all towels are being
    dry. I felt the room shouldn't been issue. I left keys in the room and went to Red Roof.

My named Jaime Parrilla, 813 842-4835, Email [protected]@yahoo.com

• Ro
      25th of Jul, 2011

Anyone who has ever stayed at a days inn knows they are normally a good place to spend the night. usually clean and comfortable. Well my wife and I stopped at the Days Inn in Olathe Ks. we got a room with two queen beds. when we got to our room first thing we noticed was that the a/c was not on in the room. It was over 100 outside and this was a westerly facing room and the curtains were open allowing the temps in the room to well exceed the outside temps. I sat down on one of the beds and the mattress hit the floor as the bed was broken. Half the lights worked in the room and the tub water wouldn't shut off.. We asked for a different room. they agreed and we moved to another room. Same thing.. a/c was off, room was extremely hot. however this room smelled like wet moldy carpet and there were waterbugs crawling up the wall. I got courious and looked at the beds and found they had stretched full size sheets over a queen mattress which looked at least like it was 20 yrs old. We said no and demanded our money back which they fortunately did with no hesitation. This hotel gives the Days Inn chain a bad name.. Needless to say we went right down the road to the Best Western that gave us a room for the same price then upgraded us to a suite for free. Best night I ever spent in a hotel and this one was clean and the a/c was on.

• Wi
      26th of Jul, 2011
    Days Inn - Housekeeping
    4489 Plymouth Springmill Road
    Shelby
    Ohio
    Phone: 4193472255

The Days Inn in Niagara Falls, N.Y., was one of the most dirtiest hotels that we have ever stayed in and we are
    65 years old. What a disappointment!!! The sheets did not stay on the beds, the furniture was filthy, and
    the floors were terrible. We probably will not stay at a Days Inn ever again after this experience.

• Na
      24th of Sep, 2011
    Days Inn - noise,rally @ 8am, getho..
    Days inn

Very getho, drug dealing hotel, rallys at 8am, people out loud outside til 5am, doing drug selling, beds and carpets just nasty place every where, 09-21-2011..

• Na
      24th of Sep, 2011
    Days Inn - Cleaning Service
    Binghamton
    New York
    Phone: 7063314223

Days Inn, Binghamton, NY. 4 out of 7 days weekly no cleaning service received. Complaints made and service gets worse. When service is received dirty sheets are placed on bed, stained towels received, trash left piled in room!

• Ky
      29th of Feb, 2012
    Days Inn - Drugs
    Days inn
    Granbury
    Texas

Desk employee at days inn Skyler Lemay was smoking marijuana in the parking lot. Location was ride of building but all the way towards the main entrance door towards the front of building

• 56
      17th of Jul, 2012

This is not only a personal attack on me, but it's also untrue. This person had continually harassed until the point I had to call the police on him. Although he finally stopped harrasing me, he put this on your website. I did not even know about it until my current employer discovered it. This has produced a hardship for me and I would ask that you please remove the post.

6th of Sep, 2012
    Days Inn - mice and mice droppings
    Canton
    North Carolina

We could hear mice all night. And where our bag of snacks where at there were droppinds everywhere. It was gross.

6th of Sep, 2012
    Days Inn - prices went up daily
    Gastonia
    North Carolina

We stayed three nights and they went up every night. My husband stood in the lobby and heard them give better prices on the phone. We are going to be here for 6 weeks .When the manger was told we were checking out he said good I can get more for that room.. We will never go back there again..

• Di
      5th of Oct, 2012

Stayed a the Days Inn @ 6031 ILIFF Road NW 87121 Albuquerque, NM 87121 room#121. We had been on the road for 22 hours and was extremely tired or we would have asked to back out of room, after entering.The carpet was really dirty, the bathroom had mold on tiles, layers of dust on carpet edges and the tops of lamps.The room smelled, and the airconditioner filter was dirty, so much we turned it off, but the worst part was.One of the double bed linens, were dirty, and hadn't been washed.They had just tightened the dirty sheet. When I went into the lobby to rent the room, I had to talk thru a sheet of glass with a slit at the bottom and a slit at the top, I found this rude and uninviting, I should have walked out then.

• Ht
      31st of Dec, 2012
    Days Inn - Filthy rooms,smoking in non smoking
    Indiana

We requested a non smoking room. The room smelled of smoke immediately upon opening.There was cigarette butts and ashes in the toilette. The girl at the desk verified it. The manager Andy Patel would not come down from his room to talk to me. The girl gave us another room which had not been cleaned, there was cobwebs on the ceilings. It was a truly bad experience. I do not recommend this location to anyone.

• Lo
      11th of Jan, 2013
    Days Inn - My room had roaches, the phone didnt work and bedding smelled
    days inn
    Alcoa
    Tennessee

My room had roaches, the phone didnt work and bedding smelled here is a clip i shot of the bugs crawling on the wall at this place!

• Da
      27th of Feb, 2014
    Days Inn - Won;t pay empolyee wages
    Baton Rouge

No employee breaks for housekeeping staff
    or lunch breaks . Refuse to pay wages due. Go and see about your pay they tell you to wait. When you ask about your pay again . They threaten to call police on you

• Mk
      20th of May, 2015

45 min to solve a problem with a reservation in the middle of the night really is not that bad...
    What would make more sense is for you to have called AFTER you made the reservation to make sure it was all set.