CVS Pharmacy, Middlebrook Rd, Staunton, Virginia / misinformation

Middlebrook Road, Staunton, VA, United States Review updated:

I went to the CVS store with several prescriptions to be filled. When I returned an hour or so later, I was told that a particular drug that I have taking for almost two years now required an authorization from my doctor. This was never required before. I was given what I was told was a form for my MD to sign, took it to the MD the next day, he signed it and I brought it back to the CVS Pharmacy. The same pharmacist, Andrew Norris, who gave me the form to be signed the day before, told me that it was the wrong form and I needed to have my insurer fax my MD and the MD would fax the authorization to the insurer and the insurer would fax the authorization to the pharmacy. Not the information I was given the day before. This is not the first time that Mr. Norris has been rude and difficult to deal with. He seems to be a very moody and mercurial person. I have dealt with CVS all over the country for years and this is the worst service that I have ever received. If I do not receive an apology from CVS, I will be taking my business to Rite Aid.

Comments

• Re
      11th of May, 2012

... and don't be surprised when Rite Aid will need to have your MD contact the insurance and submit a Prior Authorization before they can get a paid claim either... It's your insurance that has the problem- not the pharmacy.