CVS Pharmacy / extremely slow rx fill on needed medication (4 days late)

1 120 E. BonitaSan Dimas, CA, United States Review updated:

ON Jan. 3, 2016 my doctors office called in my Rx but on Jan 4th CVS notified me they would not accept the Doctors office Rx because he did not personally himself authorize the call in, just his staff. I'm a diabetic and need this medication. It's now 24 hours over due. I worked with CVS to get the doctor to follow all their petty requirements. AT 5 pm the pharmacy staff notified me they had all the requirements of the doctor and that they would be logging in the Rx into the medical insurance computer. At 6 pm my wife went to pick up my blood test kit, as I'm on blood thinners and need to test 3 times a day. It's now 72 hours over due, and they said the kit as not processed yet. CVS states I must now personally come down to the store and sign a form for release now with Medicare part B. I will be 84 hours tomorrow morning without testing. Thanks CVS! All CVS cares about is policy, could care less about peoples lives. After I sign the release form, CVS could not say how long it would take before the blood kit would be released.

Da
Jan 6, 2016

Comments

• Ph
      14th of May, 2016

Blame medicare...Not CVS. It's not CVS' fault that medicare has such hindering rules and regulations such as this. If it was up to CVS, who definitely likes $$$$$$, don't you think you'd have had your prescription within the first hour? After all, this is a business.