Citibank Malaysiapoor service

I was a citibank credit cards holder for the last two years and has cancelled the cards due to a special fee imposed by Malaysian Government to all credit cards holder . Recently I have reapplied for citibank credit cards due to special promotion and offer given by it merchandisers and to my dismay my application was turn down . I have called up the service center and write in to enquire about the reasons why my application was turn down but non of the customer and officers after putting me on hold and waiting can tell me why . In fact I was turn away rudely with insulting words . I am very disappointed with citibank, such a big global bank with such services? I think will stop supporting all citibank products and will not recommend people to use citibank now on.

Comments

Jan 20, 2014

My credit card was deactivated due to new rules implemented by Bank Negara recently. I had sent numerous e-mail and made tons of calls to Citibank requested for the activation of my cards. But all my calls were just simply entertained by the operator with some empty promises that they will return call to me. None of it happen. I had sent at least 3 e-mails to update.[protected]@citi.com attached together with my salary slip but no reply at all. Hope this e-mail will help.

• He
      Jan 12, 2016

I face the same situation with them. Application form were submitted and promise the application will be done.
    Got fooled for 3 times, the applications was cancelled without a reason, there are just bunch of clowns working there on april fool everyday!

• Si
      Mar 29, 2018

As I travel a lot on business and given the weak Ringgit my current credit limit is never enough. So I requested for an increase in credit limit from Citi in January 2018. I have submitted form and supporting documents twice and nothing has happened since. At the time of this writing (March 2018) I have yet to hear from Citi. I have been offered a new card with another bank with attractive benefits. So, to Citi whom I have been with for close to 20 years...SAYONARA!

• Na
      Jul 01, 2018

I am writing to complain of the poor service I received from your company on the 1th of july, 2018.in 1 Utama Shopping centre I visited of with Jurassic World Exhibition and want to inform you about the inappropriate behavior of the sales card salesman
    I was annoyed that I wasted all afternoon, i don’t take your card event I wonder if I am wrong?I don't seem to say anything make a opinion, about the salesman to make something of this situation, the stop my road saying the tone of incite fighting go to the side, I have had the following problems other salesman see the problem and refused to reaction. Such volatile behavior not only claims the rights of consumers, but also basic ethical and moral standards as well. This attitude makes the general manager of the company in the eyes of consumers lose credibility, which is unacceptable.
    I hope that you can train your people and hope that will not lose your company's face.