Chase Manhattan Bank / stay away from this bank for any reason!

Let me tell you a story...

Two years ago I missed two payments by five days. That's it... Five days. All of a sudden my interest rate went from 12% to 30%. I was willing to deal with it because there was no way you could talk to a human being with a mind at Chase other than the robots they have working for them in India.

It's now two years later and I've never once missed a payment. I'm trying to pay off this debt so I won't have to pay this almost illegal interest rate they are charging me. I totally understand the game and this is being done for a reason. They can do this by law so they do.

Trying to get the interest rate reduced is an impossible task. I don't know why because there are a few other reputable financial institution that after a year agreed to reduce my interest rate. I said reputable, and that does not include Chase. When you call you speak to a customer service person (if you call it that in India), you reach the robots in India. They have no minds at all. They just read from a script and cannot offer anything that is not pre-written for them. Shame on Chase.

I tell anyone and everyone that I know to stay away from Chase Manhattan Bank for any reason . I can rest at night knowing I have caused them to lose revenue by numerous business and personal contacts walking way from them after they hear what I have to say. And guess what (if Chase is reading this), I've only just begun. I'll write to every single online site and blast you for your unfair practices.

I hope I get the last laugh with these people.

Sa

Comments

• Ga
      18th of Oct, 2007

I have had issues with Chase as well. I went from paying 7.9% to 23% on one card. I called, they said it's because you have other cards with high balances! Keep in mind I was not late, not once! Nor on the "other" cards they were talking about.

So I canceled that one. Next thing I know I get a letter form the other Chase card I had, same thing happened they raised my rate for no reason! Again I canceled. I was never so happy to find out my Mortgage had been transferred FROM Chase. Now I get letters from them saying my Mortgage is back with them and I need to make a payment! Which it is not, so I am not sure if they send these letters out hoping someone will just send them money. That account was closed 6 months ago and they still send me letters!