Chase Manhattan Bank / stay away from this bank for any reason!
Let me tell you a story...
Two years ago I missed two payments by five days. That's it... Five days. All of a sudden my interest rate went from 12% to 30%. I was willing to deal with it because there was no way you could talk to a human being with a mind at Chase other than the robots they have working for them in India.
It's now two years later and I've never once missed a payment. I'm trying to pay off this debt so I won't have to pay this almost illegal interest rate they are charging me. I totally understand the game and this is being done for a reason. They can do this by law so they do.
Trying to get the interest rate reduced is an impossible task. I don't know why because there are a few other reputable financial institution that after a year agreed to reduce my interest rate. I said reputable, and that does not include Chase. When you call you speak to a customer service person (if you call it that in India), you reach the robots in India. They have no minds at all. They just read from a script and cannot offer anything that is not pre-written for them. Shame on Chase.
I tell anyone and everyone that I know to stay away from Chase Manhattan Bank for any reason . I can rest at night knowing I have caused them to lose revenue by numerous business and personal contacts walking way from them after they hear what I have to say. And guess what (if Chase is reading this), I've only just begun. I'll write to every single online site and blast you for your unfair practices.
I hope I get the last laugh with these people.
More Chase Manhattan Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Chase Bank - closed my account without notice 
- Chase - denied fraud claim 
- Chase Home Finance, LLC - mortgage fraud/scam 
- Chase Auto Finance - vehicle repossession after payment arrangement was made 
- Chase Home Finance - chase now causing and encouraging foreclosure! 
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - refusing to refund life savings
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - international financial services (ifs)
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - chase business checking account
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - check deposit bank/teller rules
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - $25000 missing wire