Chase Home Finance / mishandling of funds / payments

Chase Home Finance
Apple Valley
A year ago I found that Chase HF had been placing my escrow account monies in an account with the wrong parcel number.
They had done this for three years. I was presented with an escrow bill and asked to pay it immediately. I of course complained, opened an inquiry and have just about resolved my issue. Of course, my monthly mortgage has gone up, as I have to repay the escrow surplus money that was sent to me by law. I have done all the follow up and spent close to 17 hours over the 10 months explaining and making payment arrangements.
Does anybody know if there is a class action against this company for anything similar to my issue?

A  30th of Mar, 2009 by
Were in the same boat here. We have an escrow account that is paid every month, and last year I made 13 regular house payments. Last month we got a new amortization schedule that said we were behind in our escrow account and that it would take us $1300 to get it current. I pulled all of my statements from last year and it shows 13 escrow payment. On Chases statement it only shows 9. I only have to wonder about the money and where it is going.
N  6th of Dec, 2009 by
Why am I not surprised? In the county where I live, the land record office indexes deeds, mortgages, liens, etc. affecting property ownership using the Property Tax ID number of the property (to avoid confusion from the many streets throughout the county with similar or identical names.) When Chase submitted my home equity loan documents to be recorded, they provided the record office with a totally incorrect Tax ID number, so that my loan wound up being recorded as a lien against someone else's property located 15-20 miles away in a different community. The mistake wasn't discovered until several years later after the loan was paid off and the cancellation documents had been recorded (also against the other person's property). All I can say is Thank God the loan didn't require an escrow account! If I hadn't been able to pay my own property taxes directly to the Town rather than through Chase, I would have been facing a tax lien foreclosure while some stranger's taxes would have been fully paid from my escrow account courtesy of Chase.

Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank Logo Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank