Chasebeware payment and credit protector

N

Chase recently closed my account. My balance has been 0 for the past few months, and knowing CC companies are closing accounts due to inactivity...I assumed this was the reason. It was not! Chase is the sneakiest company I have ever dealt with.

This past December, I realized Chase had not sent me a renewal card, so I called them. This is where it all started. The rep with a heavy accent told me no problem, then proceeds to sell me "payment protector". He assures me that with no balance, there is no charge for this. Once I have a balance then only 1 percent of that balance will be applied to payment protection. Fine. He even assures me with a 0 balance there is no fee. Now, since I have not used my Chase card and have no balance I have not been opening my statements. Bad mistake!

February, I see a 10 dollar fee for "Credit protector" - Not! "Payment Protector" and it has been charged to my card -now payment protector applies a 1 cent fee! I'm confused...so I call Chase. They tell me both of these protection plans are 3rd party compaines and I must call them. I call both companies which are NOT related. I thought maybe with the reps heavy accent, he sold me both protection plans! Both companies deny how this could have happened without my consent. I have never wanted or ok'd this Credit Protection. Now due to me not paying the 10 dollars and 1 cent for 3 months...they have closed my account!

If Chase CC, Chase Credit protection, and Chase Payment protection are 3 seperate entities...how is it that when I called the CC company to send me a new card this is where they attached this fee!

I also had a Chase banking account for 6 months...their bank sucks worse than the CC. There is a fee for EVERYTHING! Transferring money, using your own money, getting your balance, overdraft protection goes on a seperate CC with a high interest rate! I even set up overdraft with my own savings account and there was a 25 dollar fee everytime money came out of my own savings! UGH!

I now use my Credit Union for banking which I LOVE and my Bank of America CC which I love...

rescuelady May 04, 2013

Update! There was a Class Action Lawsuit against Chase for changing interests rates after stating 2.99% would be until the balance is paid off, then they changed it - READ ABOVE COMPLAINT-
    I paid off my account because of how they tried to deceive their customers and screw them financially. Well, I got a check from the lawsuit attorneys for $75.00 because of Chase handling these accounts the way they did. I didn't have to file a thing, this was just automatically done by the attorneys who handled that lawsuit!!

• Ju
    justmyself01 Jan 21, 2012

Chase is a rip off anyway like a lot of these banks.

• Ju
    justmyself01 Jan 21, 2012

Wow that is crazy. Sheesh.

• Sydne70 Jan 20, 2012

i think there is a lemit
    $15, 800 a year in total overdraft fees should do it

• Tb
    tbultt Jan 20, 2012

I got overdrawn and didnt have the money for two weeks to cover it. of coarse more auto-withdraws keep coming in. I have paid over $1000.00 in over-draft fees plus the withdraws in the last 6 weeks because I cannot get caught up. There should be a lemit

Jor Gar Jan 19, 2012

Maybe no body belive i have one year trying contatac with tem and wont anzwer
    I dont understaind how the goberment left all this company to do werever they wuant
    I am talking about (JPMortgage)

Chase Ex-customer Oct 26, 2011

Two years ago, I have cancelled all credit cards from Chase, and told them removing all my personal information. I definitely DO NOT want to do any business with Chase from that point. But today I receive a letter from them saying that if I don't response to their junked mail, they will start sending more junked mail about their products/services which I never want to deal with. I have 2 concerns that need Chase to address immediately.
    1./ Completely remove all my personal information from their system. I meant I DO NOT want to do any business with CHASE at all.
    2./ I DO NOT want any relationship with CHASE, So stop sending junked mail to me. Do their "green", stop killing the tree.

• Wl
    w l james Jul 01, 2011

I purchased my home in 1995. I've had it refinanced once since then however, I've never been late on a mortgage payment until 2017 when the economy took a dive. I had previously retired from a 23 year job before going into business for myself. In 2017, I not only lost contract, s vendors were either unable to pay me timely and some didn't pay me at all. I was ultimately forced to go out of business. After months of unsuccessfully seeking to find viable employment in a 50 mile radius of where I resided, I took a job offer in California, in order to try to save my home. After my second payday, I applied to Chase for the making homes affordable modification. I made my living circumstances and reason for living in Florida but taking a job in California know to them out front. It took Chase 10 long months of repeated request for same documentation as well as numerous statements of why the living circumstances and then they rejected my application based upon the fact that I was living in a location other than where my home is. I was then told if I permanently moved back to Florida as opposed to commuting and found employment, they would reopen my application. Well, it took me about 6 weeks to get a not so good job, but a job, and was then told by Chase that because of the lapse in time, I would have to start the modification process all over, which I'm doing right now. Could they not have told me the reason for denial, in the first 30 days and perhaps the process could be complete by now.

• Li
    Linda Swesey Feb 15, 2011

We have a home loan with Chase.. We over pay on our payment every month.. So if you can imagine Chase has no idea why we over pay and so the extra money is in a "holding pattern".. Now what kind of dummy would do that? I had thought bank people were a little smarter?? Guess I was wrong.. I further called Chase today to try and convey that the extra money needed to be applied to the principal (dah). IT TOOK ME 30 MINUTES BEFORE I COULD TALK TO A LIVE PERSON!!! And I think I had to lie, so I could talk to a real perosn!! All the animated stuff does NOT apply! When I did talk to a real person, it is just plan difficult to deal with "stupid". The loan is in my husband's name.. he gave her all the information she asked from him. I then started talking to let them know what we wanted to do with the overplayment. Oh well then I had to confirm the address of the home, give my full name, etc.. All to just to convey what to do with the overpayment.. APPLY IT TO THE PRINCIPAL... WOW.. Large BANKS have the worst CUSTOMER SERVICE practices..

• To
    Tony Snow Aug 09, 2010

Chase is unprofessional.. They will take your money when you have no money... These people are rude. I would not bank again with chase.

Ever since chase took over wamu, my note payments have been misapplies/delayed/unaccounted for. Is there anyone out there that can provided guidance on how to resolve the accounting errors so that I can close my account with chase and move my mortage to a more respectible financial institution

Do not bank with chase...

• We
    Well Travelled May 17, 2010

I so agree with you. Another reason is that the banks are really broke.

'The Economy' is knackered. I am not a doom and glloom merchant, but that Nostrodamus chap said that the markets would crash horribly... and most serious interpereters of his quatrains got 2017 spot on!

But the banks, the governments, everyone is living on edge because they are all actually broke! The economy is nothing ut a farce and their are gaping holes of fraud, corruption and deficit worldwide. The world is broke!

There may be some people with, some people without, but the fact is, there is more money electronically than there is in reality and the system has crashed... don't think the world will make any form of real recovery for several years to come!

Anyhow, you are spot on too, they are making up any reaosn to charge more. My mortgage rate suddenly had a whole different perspective after my two year deal was up. New charges recently introduced??? -

Really, new charges recently introduced. Ok, that is fine. I would like to introduce some new borrowing...!!! lol

I have more than a 100, 000 in equity in the house, about 26% of the total value, I wanted to borrow 9, 000 to purchas e anew truck... I could not borrow 900.

I can of course purchase a new truck through a car showroom that sets up your credit at over 30% fand purchase truck at over inflated prices for heap of scrap!

anyhow, I am just ranting, but your point is a good one! I would pursue the banks tedious and often difficult process of compliant, for however much you may pay out to them.

It may take a while, but winning against the bank... it is a joyous moment! Pompous people!

Regards

• Ga
    Ganzaless May 17, 2010

Just got off the phone after having the most ridiculous conversation with a Chase pawn who tried to claim that my APR was being jacked up because I paid my credit card too EARLY.

No, I'm not kidding you. They make some stupid excuse that I have a window of opportunity to pay my card and have it be considered on time. As far as I'm concerned, they got paid before the due date. It's rather convenient they made up this sudden rule.

The annoying this is, I check my balances online. And I paid my card when my most recent statement showed up online. And when I challenged them about this on the phone, they kept changing the date when the problem was. First they said it happened in November. Then they said it happened this month.

They couldn't get their story straight. I've always paid more than the balance. I've always paid on time, and then they pull this nonsense.

The truth: They just want to get more money out of me ... and you. That's the real reason for the APR change.

Let's face it, they're exactly like every other credit card company. A bunch of sleazeballs looking to rob you blind when you are most in need so they can buy jets and million-dollar houses on your back. Considering a credit company? Don't go with Chase. No matter how good you are at paying your credit card, they'll screw you over.

• Sj
    sjneft85 May 07, 2010

why don't you just start using cash if you can't manage your account? you should know how much money you have and if you don't and go overdraft you should agree since you used bank's money they have all rights to charge you for using their money... try bank of america, they're even worse at that

• Kh
    khloee04 May 01, 2010

'Banking is a business that is about profit'. Most people forget that. A bank is a business...they do not care. I am sorry> But if you made the mistakes and admit fault then you cant really call them the devil...you admited fault

• Ro
    Rodney L. Cobb Apr 29, 2010

I am in Foreclosure on my home loan with Chase bank, In the next couple of months my wife and myself will move into an apartment, we can no longer afford our mortgage. Banking is a business that is about profit, why can the big business get bailed out when times get tough but the regular people can get nothing. We tried getting a modification for over a year with no success chase is going to sell our home at auction and buy it back from themselves put it on the market as an REO and recieve less than they would it they modified our loan I guess that is the way banking works stomp the customer and get somebody else to step on. I made mistakes as a customer and will pay the price but when will chase have to pay for what they do to people. Chase bank is the devil.

• Am
    Amit.Khandelwal Apr 08, 2010

I had submitted an application to Chase to refinance my mortgage. I paid $750.00 as the application fee for the same. They were supposed to get the subordination on my second loan from Sovereign Bank. They couldn't get that done in three months and now they are asking me to pay more. Why should I pay for their incompetence ? Please be aware of the following people at Chase (Steven Franklin and Sarh Pauly). It seems Chase just wants to cheat people. Any pointers on how I can resolve the situation ?

• Ne
    newyorker25 Mar 09, 2010

I hate walking on the street and being harassed by chase employees telling me why i should open and account with chase. If I'm gonna need an account or help with my account i will come into chase personally!!! i do not need any of their employees following me down the street and bombarding me with questions and information I didn't ask for, while I"m running to work or picking up my kids from school. the city streets are busy enough! Please stop this employees should stay inside the bank!!!

• Cb
    cbostwick Feb 28, 2010

I made arrangements to pay off a small balance with a Wells Fargo credit card through electronic balance transfer. Chase REFUSED the payment on 3 separate occasions and then slapped me with a $39 LATE fee because the bill wasn't paid on time! Then had the nerve to say it was Wells fault, they should have 'called' me to say they refused it! This is why the banks are going down the tubes, crappy service and unfair shady business practices!!!

• Co
    coupons_2004 Feb 24, 2010

Something has got to be done about regulating the fees banks charge for checking accounts and non sufficient fund fees which are primarily arbitrary and designed to milk the public.<br />
    <br />
    Based on a Frontline report about unethical banking practices, this is just another example of arbitrary fees and fines used to extort additional profit from funds already deposited within your bank and already in use by your bank! Due to non-linear transactions, uneccessary fees/fines are incurred that would not be if the transactions were handled in a linear fashion just the way you see your bank account online. You do not have control over this. <br />
    <br />
    Additionally, as reported by Bill Strunk in the Frontline report, banks have charged customers billions of dollars in NSF fees for non-contractual 'courtesy' overdrafts. These fees are used to pay for so-called 'free' checking accounts and actually amount to more than a paid checking account would cost. And when added to a paid checking account, NSF fees combined with other fees will deplete the account!<br />
    <br />
    NSF fees are unregulated and therefore arbitrary and designed to take advantage of customers because they cannot control non-linear transactions.<br />
    <br />
    This is another form of predatory banking. Is it any wonder NO ONE trusts the banks anymore!<br />
    They get bailed out with our tax dollars and then proceed to empty our bank accounts. This is why there needs to be more government regulation and/or more government held banks (community banks and S&L) because big banks like Chase cannot be trusted.<br />
    <br />
    We need protection from unfair and arbitrary practices like this!<br />
    <br />
    Chase is one of the top most mistrusted banks in America and I am not alone.<br />
    The Least-Trusted Banks in America<br />
    by Jennifer Saranow Schultz<br />
    Tuesday, February 9, 2017<br />
    provided by The New York Times<br />
    <br />
    Customers of the biggest banks in the United States are the least likely to believe their financial institution does what's best for them as opposed to what's best for the bottom line, according to a new report from Forrester Research.<br />
    The report, Forrester's annual Customer Advocacy rankings, ranks nearly 50 financial services firms in the United States by the percentage of each firm's customers who agree with the statement: "My financial provider does what's best for me, not just its own bottom line." The results are based on a survey <br />
    The bottom seven of this year's rankings, first to last, are Bank of America, Chase, Capital One, TD/Commerce, Fifth Third, Citibank, and in last place, HSBC.<br />
    <br />
    Why the poor rankings for the big banks? "Part of it is that the banks are preoccupied with their bottom line. They are public institutions who are in business to make money for their shareholder and inevitably, that shows to customers, " Mr. Doyle said.<br />
    A high customer advocacy ranking means that customers tend to believe their bank takes their side in disputes, does what is right even if it's not required by regulation to do so, gives fair rates or performance comparisons and is clear about charges and fees, Mr. Doyle said.

• Li
    Linh27 Feb 21, 2010

I inherited chase because I had been a wamu card holder. I was several thousand dollars below my limit. Chase turned around and lowered my limit to the amount that I had already had on the card. Low and behold the finance charges pushed me over the limit. Afterwards I teceived a letter telling me my limit had been reduced. Go figure. Then they turned around and increased my interest rate at least 3 times even though I always paid more than the minimum and was never late. I finally had had it and now with this huge increase in interest I am getting nowhere. Anyway the last increase I just closed the account and refused to accept the new terms. They still increased my interest! When I contacted themt hey told me I had to request that my interest not be increased because I refused to accept the terms. I had already done just that in writing. I am at my wits end with this very greedy company!

• Te
    tee pee Feb 04, 2010

I hate chase. They lie and give the run around whenthey stole 50 from me.

• Da
    damntheman2 Jan 26, 2010

forgot to add they would not allow him to access his original $180 until the manager of the branch where he opened his account (when it was still WAMU) intervened on his behalf.

• Da
    damntheman2 Jan 26, 2010

My son received a $1900 check from his school. at the time that he deposited the check, via ATM, he had $180.00 in his account. Chase not only held the amount of the check for well over a week (they're still holding it), they cancelled his debit card (without telling him). When he asked why, they said they had reason to believe the check would not clear-although it was drawn on the account of an Ivy league school. That was the entirety of their explanation, basically accusing him of stealing the money. He has had the account for over two years. Unacceptable.

• Al
    Alana Kathlee Inks Dec 17, 2009

I recently had my credit limit reduced from $ 15, 100 to $ 3800. I was advised in the letter that was sent, that this was due in part to 2 reasons:

1.) I didn't uses my card regularly (it has been paid in full for approx 9 months and not used again as the interest rates have sky rocketed even though my payments have never been late)

2.) They state that the Experian Credit Report that was recieved "Showed too few trades paid as agreed". I am not late with payments and pay all of my accounts as agreed, I subsequently pulled my credit report and as I thought all accounts are paid as agreed and never late. I also did call to speak with an Experian representative who confirmed this, I wanted to make certain that I wasn't missing anything. Thus the information contained in the letter I recieved was completely false.

I then called Chase customer service and was sent to a call center in the Phillipines to close my credit card account and when asked why I was closing I explained that there was incorrect information on a letter which I recieved and not only was I closing my account, I wanted to speak with someone in a credit card complaint department. I was subsequently told that I could have a fax number and fax my information to the department. I have faxed a complaint to this department and never recieved a response, needless to say I lost my patience, made certain that the account was indeed closed and ended the call as the representative seemed quite condescending and showed in my opinion no concern regarding what I was trying to say, she merely reitereated that company policy was to fax complaints in, even though as I have said in my previous experience with Chase I recieved no response.

How can I go about lodging a formal complaint and actually getting an answer? This is my problem.

My credit card was originally a Washington Mutual Card and I never had any problems with Washington Mutual, ever since Chase purchased Washington Mutual, the level of service has been ansolutely horrid.

• Pi

US $2, 741.88

The Maximum
    amount up to:
    Two Thousand Seven Hundred Fourty One Dollars and Eighty Eight Cents

Preapproved parcel ready to ship for ivan dimitrov

cash alternative to be sent to me immediately.
    Consignees are advised that the parcel contents described herein were pre-determined by specific criteria; consignees may determine parcel contents in advance by consulting the information listed as in the Terms & Conditions Approved executed by.
    Warehouse Release Signature
    Optional Payment Method
    Frequently Asked Questions
    Terms and Conditions
    Privacy Policy

PERSONAL AGREEMENT:
    I have checked my address (below) and I authorise my merchandise #552584 or US $2, 741.88 cash alternative to be sent to me immediately.
    To receive my items, I only pay a modest release fee of just US $31.95

Card No.

Card Exp. Date
    C.V.V No.
    (The C.V.V No. appears on the signature strip of your credit card or could be 3 or 4 numbers above your credit card no. If your card no. does not have a CVV no., please use an alternate card with a CVV no.)
    For your added security, and to prevent fraudulent use of credit cards, please provide the following: Card holder’s date of birth
    Please confirm consignee name here:
    FIRST NAME LAST NAME

Where do we deliver your merchandise and cash value up to US $2, 741, 88?
    STREET ADDRESS
    CITY PROV./ STATE COUNTRY ZIP/POST

PHONE EMAIL

VERIFICATION
    Type your name below to verify and accept delivery of Package to name and address shown in "Shipping Name/Address".
    x

• Be
    belle35 Dec 16, 2009

my checking account had charges cleared on dec 3, dec 4 on paypal which has to be cleared before they will accept payments and then on dec 7th i over drawn on one charge of 98 with balance of 41thats -57 plus a 34 over draft charge total 91 dollars, by time chase got done creatively rearranging it was 10 over drafts totally 510 dollars
    creative bookkeeping on chases behalf, every charge that was paid n cleared they nicely rearranged it after payment already cleared for 5 days, where all my little charge all under 10 each was process after the larger amount which added a total of 10 over draft fees of 34 each, 340 in over draft charge on payment that did clear a week before, how this bank think people are total fools and suppose to just lay down and take it,
    maybe they should do taxes

• Ge
    Gerard Dec 14, 2009

Please read my blog a/b Chase Bank ATM's.. Very important information to know.

• Pr
    Pria Nov 03, 2009

I'm also having a similar issue and dealing with jerks and wasting too much time. They stole my money! I had a business checking out that I wasn't using, just the savings where I made deposits. I almost accidentally opened the checking the other day when trying to deposit into my savings on-line from a personal account. I noticed they had been charging me $12/m - but the history didn't go beyond 3 months. I was being charged for not using my account! I got no verbal notice when I opened the account and it's not even in the fine print like they said! I went through everything they gave me. They literally took 1/2 my small checking balance of $200 for my start-up business. I dealt with 4 people at different levels and was treated poorly by all. I'm a great customer - no bounces, etc. How can theft be permitted???

MAR3 Oct 27, 2009

Um, this doesn't work very well with home accounting programs that rely on the set due date system of company's that aren't trying to screw with you. This doesn't work very well for people who set up their bill payment calendar in January.

It doesn't work very well with automated payment systems -- which people rely on when they have to travel.

Playing "Where's Waldo?" with your due date is just another way credit cards are out to screw customers with as many fees as they can get shoved through via their buddies in Congress.

• Ri
    Riva40 Oct 23, 2009

The crooks on duty at Chase Bank are not loosing their mind when it comes to stealing your hard earned money...
    Go to the nearest Chase branch and try to cash a Wamu check, its 5 bucks, period!
    Wait a minute, you're telling me now that the transaction has been processed?
    Oh yes we have a fee for cashing checks from another financial institution!
    What?
    Wamu became Chase due to their lousy investments and now Chase has taken over and its the same rip off going on...
    So we bailed those ... out and now they are ripping us out?
    WTF!!!
    Avoid this bank at all cost.

MAR3 Oct 16, 2009

Chase is a very evil company in my experience. I advice watching out for two new things, well, the first isn't so new: Chase will change your due date around to screw with your head -- actually, to get you to accidentally pay late. This is a known fact about credit cards.

Second, the banking industry is gangbanging customers with something new called recurring fees. Like, if you are out of town and someone wrongly debits your account, you will not only be charged a single bounced check fee. They start adding up any made up fee they get pushed through Congress with all of their evil Lobbyists (you know, those paid con artists who will give their adult children who can't find jobs $100k/yr fake jobs.)

Multile penalties? Recurring penalties for not catching an error right away? Or for not submitting to their American-family financial-rape tactics? Thank congress. They charge 'em because they can. Remember, 50% interest is perfectly legal (not usury) in our 'fine' country of the United States. That apparently worships corporations over their citizens. 666 indeed.

Chase is just another evil corporation working to screw American families out of what little money they have left. Guess what happens to Congress members? They are put on Chase's protected list to make sure nothing 'real' happens to them.

Good luck.

• Ro
    Robert-K Oct 16, 2009

My issues with Chase started around April of 2017. I have two cards with Chase. One of my cards was not paid by the due date because of my own oversight. They charged me a 39 late fee, which was the first time since I have had my cards with Chase, formerly WaMu. I called to ask for a one-time fee reversal and they declined. They said that Chase does not reverse any fees. I told them then that I wanted the account closed and it has been closed ever since. Recently while out of town, I missed the payment due date by one day and again they charged me the 39 late fee, which again was my fault. I didn't try to fight it, since I knew they would do nothing. Next is the part of the story that totally pissed me off about Chase and when possible I will take my business elsewhere. They started calling me less than 2 weeks after I missed the payment. I told them that since they don't remove fees and will get my late fees plus finance charges that I would pay them when my next bill was due. I figured, why rush to pay something where I am already late and charged a late fee. Why pay them the money before my next payment is due????

Well, when they started calling I told them this and they wanted to set up a payment schedule. Mind you that my payment that was late was less than 70 and it was less than 2 weeks overdue. They became aggressive and I said they would get their money by my next payment due date. Well, about a week went by and I received my next bill. My payment was for the past due amount PLUS an additional 110!!! I was livid!!! Now it only gets better. I knew I would just pay it when it was due and just be done with it. Mind you again that this account was not over the limit and it was a closed account. So here we are about 3 weeks before my next due date and the phone calls begin again from Chase. They want to know when I am sending the past due balance and want my routing information and want to set up a payment schedule again!!! I once again said that they would get all of their money when my next payment was due. I became more aggressive with them as the calls continued, not once, not twice, not three times, but 4 or 5 times a day for 2 plus weeks!!! They started at 8am and continued all day!!! Thank God for caller id. Every once in a while I would answer and chew them out again and tell them to stop calling. They stopped for the remainder of the day, but them started again the next day.

Now I just paid the full amount of my next payment of almost 200 and am waiting to see what happens next. So, I was late with my payment and they got all excited for something that was paid with 30 days after missing the payment. I find it hard to believe that a bank that just posted a 3.59 billion dollar profit, per msnbc.com, had to harass me for almost 3 weeks. Chase is not a very consumer oriented bank and do not work with their customers very well. I would think that in this rough economic time that they would be more willing to work with their customers, than be a thorn in the side of their customers. As soon as possible, I am taking my business elsewhere and will not deal with them again. I wouldn't be with them now except for the fact that my credit cards and mortgage were sold to them during some merger. My advice is to stay away from CHASE at all costs. The grief that they give is not worth even a better interest rate.

Marcella M. Garcia Sep 25, 2009

Chase bank cancelled my credit card stating that my risk was to high due to the fact that I had not had the card long enough and that my credit limit was not high enough. They also went back more than 6+ years on my credit history and found an old retail card account, that is ready to roll off my history, that had been seriously overdue nearly 7 yrs ago and has since been paid in full to add to their already assinine reasons for closing my account. This was all done at the time that my Washington Mutual card was to expire. I had been with Washington Mutual for nearly 3 years when Chase took over. They raised my interst rate from 19% to nearly 25% once they did. I had never been late so there was no reason that just because they took over another companies accounts that they should have done this. I made the mistake of making a payment less than 48 hours after the due date for which they charged me $39 for a late fee and when I made payment the next month, on time, without paying the whole late fee they charged me another late fee and then called me 10 days after the due date to inform me that my account was now past due and needed a payment made immediately. When I requested that they remove the second late fee I was told that they could not do that as it was not their policy and even though I had made a payment on time it was $9 short. I will be making complaints to the BBB as well as the AG until chase learns that they can't treat their customers like dirt and they don't even matter.

rescuelady Sep 18, 2009

I had received a letter stating my payments were being increased on a promotional balance transfer that was to be 2.99% until paid in full. What they did was kept the 2.99% interest rate, but my payments were $60.00 month, they changed them to $150.00 month, which was totally impossible for me to handle, I was laid off. So I had to accept their new agreement which was keep the payments at $60.00, but interest rate changed from 2.99%, new rate is 7.99% for the remainder of the balance until 2017. I was actually paying more than the actual payment for months, and two times they sent an invoice with $0 due, but I still paid the bill. So to me this is a very rotten thing to do, especially when they received stimulus money that we have to pay for eventually. So, I got screwed twice, by the bank and government.

rescuelady Sep 18, 2009

I had a similiar problem with Chase, but since they seen my payment history, and I asked to speak to a supervisor, they removed the charge because it was only over by less than $50.00

• Si
    Sick of Benig Ripped Off Sep 03, 2009

I experienced a very similar situation with Chase. When I received my statement and it said I had not made my payment, I immediately went online. The website shows the last time you logged on, and guess what?? The last log on was the exact date I had in my bank register, but there is no record of my payment. I too have never missed a payment and requested a one time removal of the late payment fee and was told, "No." When I requested to speak with a supervisor, I was pretty much told I would be wasting my time, because the supervisor would not be able to waive the fee either. I had them close my account, and I will NEVER use CHASE again.

• Ra
    randylkavnme Sep 03, 2009

Chase Bank is the WORST credit card company to business with ...EVER!...I have had so many bad situations with them...This is one of the reasons that our country is in the [censored]ter!...When is the government going to step in and put at stop to interest rates that are unreasonable...29.9% ...I mean really!...needless to say, I have since paid off my card through them and will never get another credit card with anyone else...Thanks Chase for making me remember if u cant pay for it with cash, then u dont need it!

Jackie C Aug 22, 2009

I am a 20+ year customer of Chase. I've never had a late payment and rarely, if ever, incur finance charges. I know, that my not make me their ideal customer but I do charge at least 10k to their accounts so they still make some money on me. I recently made an on-line payment well before the due date but for some reason it did not register. I noticed when on their site to pay on another account that I have with them. It was 2 days after the due date. I called to have the situation investigated. I was not listened to and simply told the late fees would stay, plus a late payment fee, plus the finance charges. Adds up to nearly $70...all for what seems to be their error...but I can't get anyone to even hear me out let alone check into potential system issues! I was treated as a thief, lied to (I was promised a call back from a supervisor within 24-48 hrs but then found out when I called back that they offer no such thing...you have to write to a Mr Kelly Hanick) and they made it way too easy to close my accounts out. I paid the balances dues and extra fees just to be done with them (though it was hard hit based on the moral of it!) I thought that I was done with them until I received another bill for additional finance charges...even though I paid the bill before it was even issued. Again, when I called no appreciation for the situation or my history with them. It's less than $6 at this point...but I am not paying it. I feel bad for the reps that work there. Most seem nice, but they hav to deal with stupid, inflexible customer service policies are CLEARLY not empowered to think.

jamiemuff36 Aug 15, 2009

I have never had a late payment with them and they doubled my finance charge to 28.44% so Id imagine they wont help you with 3 late payments.

• Te
    temiller Aug 11, 2009

So I was irresponsible and over drafted onto my chase account. Which I have happened to do almost every month for quite some time now.

I would always receive a "Service Fee" Of whatever amount was left in my account ($10 or Less) each month around the middle of the month. I would never get a notification of this fee, or a something saying "Hey, were going to take $10 from you like it or not, Hope you don't mind". After a few months of this, I find out its because of the over drafts. And I over draft because my account will show I have a certain amount left, so I use it (since I'm unemployed, every penny counts), and find that I'm any wheres from $1-10 under. I have to spend MY TIME talking to CSR's, trying to get this settled, and to get my $35 overdraft fee(s) back. That I never would have received if I didn't get the service charge from the previous months overdraft from the service charge the charged me from the previous month, and so on. You get the hint. I thought I had everything fixed.

I ran into some problems, and over drafted. Due to my own fault this time. Well, it should only be one charge from what my records indicated, but I look on chase's website, and its showing 6! The 6 smallest debit charges show up at the top, which will give me 6 $35 charges. Equaling a whopping $210 in over draft fee's for 26.33 in overdraft fees.

And it shouldn't even be that high. I didn't have much room left on my overdraft protection (Like I said, I'm unemployed, Times are tough.), It maxed out that card, as well as packed on another $10 charge to my account, before my account even started to be over drafted.