Chase Card Member Services / these people are mean!

1 United States

Chase Card Member Services
PO BOX 15548
Wilmington, DE [protected]
[protected] (Customer Service)

CONSUMER BEWARE: When you get E-mails from Chase, they have the appearance of mortgage refinance advertisement, not like some of the other card companies that make you clearly aware that you are getting a billing statement. If you sign up to get a bill online, they stop your mailed bill altogether without making this clear to the card holder. Unlike my other credit cards, when I signed up for an online bill, I still got my mailed bill, not with Chase. I called Chase a couple of weeks ago to check the rates to see what card I should use on a purchase, this is when they informed me I was 55 days late. I was shocked. They told me to go to the website and make a payment as soon as possible. By this time, I was quite upset, because my credit rating is one of the most important things to me. I went to the website, registered. Making the payment was confusing, it had the appearance that I was making the minimum amount for the total owned now, but when I pushed the button to make a payment, it took a payment from my checking account for the entire card balance. I had to do a stop payment through my bank. By the time that all got turned around I ended up being 60 days late. Chase would not under any circumstances, reverse any of the fees or help me in anyway whatsoever. I even ended up paying the card off in full after the stop payment went through. They still did not care. I have now closed this card completely. I still have one business Chase card to go, which I plan to eliminate as soon as possible. Having the two Chase credit cards is what made the second get overlooked. This could happen to anyone really. After starting with a 0% balance transfer, no fees, on $6000, they ended up charging my $600 in late fees, finance charges, or whatever they call it. I only had this "new" card for 10 months, the most expensive card I have ever used. My other credit card companies have warned me (when a payment fell between the seats in the car), gave me a friendly call or email or something before I had a 30 DAY LATE on my credit report, let alone a 60 day late, which is what I shamefully carry today on my credit report. These people are mean! No forgiveness at all. Hope this can help another nice, law abiding citizen trying to make it in life.