Having problems with Western Union?

Western Union Customer Service Contacts

1800 812 333 (Ireland)
1800 173 833 (Australia)
8800 200 2232 (Russia)
1800 813 399 (Malaysia)
1800 599 959 (Vietnam)
1800 719 8911 (Mexico)
+1 800 325 6000 (United States)
+44 800 833 833 (United Kingdom)
+61 292 319 729 (Australia)
+64 800 005 253 (New Zealand)
+43 800 297 579 (Austria)
+32 80 099 269 (Belgium)
+45 80 826 668 (Denmark)
+31 800 022 8781 (Netherlands)
+41 800 562 103 (Switzerland)
+852 21 179 088 (Hong Kong)
+62 213 040 5730 (Indonesia)
+63 28 881 200 (Philippines)
+966 920 033 663 (Saudi Arabia)
+65 63 362 000 (Singapore)
+82 798 8521 3000 (South Korea)
+66 21 018 700 (Thailand)
+54 800 800 3030 (Argentina)
7001 E. Belleview
Denver, Colorado

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Western Union Customer Service. Initial Western Union complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Western Union above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Western Union. Discuss the issues you have had with Western Union and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Western Union Complaints & Reviews

Western UnionRefund

Hello, my name is Miriam Johnson. I sent some money through Western Union on February 8th to Mexico, the person I sent it to wasn't able to receive it because it was too large of an amount. (I sent $3, 466.75 and paid a total of $3, 498.70)
When I went back the next morning for a refund I was told I wasn't able to get it back because the amount exceeded the limit that the store is allowed to give out. That was at Walgreens on 12th and Kiwanis in Sioux Falls, So I called the number on my receipt
[protected] I was given a Refund #: [protected] and was told I could go into any store that has Western Union and I would be refunded, I went in to a couple, Walgreens and Hy-Vee and wasn't able to pick up my money, I called back and was told that I would receive an email with information on how to get my money back within 24 hours. I still have not received an email so I have called multiple times, and all they say is to take my refund number to the store and get my money, when I go to the store they are not able to give me my refund, today I talked to a lady on the phone from Western Union and she told me to go to Hy-Vee and take them my case number : [protected] and have the employee from Hy-Vee call Western Union and I would be able to get my money, I went to the Hy-Vee on 26th and Marion Rd, the lady called
Western Union and they told her to have me call back in 24 hours.. The problem is they told me to wait 24 hours on the 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th and 15th of February, now it is the 16th and they are asking me once again to wait 24hours, I have been to Walgreens and Hy-Vee multiple times to try and pick up my money, and nobody has been able to help. I have missed some work, and have spent many hours on the phone trying to resolve this, I don't think it should be this hard… Is there a way to resolve this soon? Western union customer service is a Joke nobody knows what they are doing.
I need to pay my bills.
My case number was: [protected] I have now been given 3 different case numbers... at this point I am angry.
Refund #: [protected]

Western UnionDo not use western union

I sent money to my husband. 4 hours after an unknown person claims my money and falsified my husband's IDs hundreds of miles away to where we are. I told them at the onset about this and I'd sent a photo of my husband so that they can compare the photos of the ones who claimed my money in order to help western union and to fast track with their investigation. They promised 21 days to fix this problem. Then 24 to 48 hours. Then changed it to 21 business days. It took them 2 months only to say that they will not give my money back as well as the photo of the person who took my money. I have spoken to agents who are rude and who hang up on me without any remorse. DO NOT USE WESTERN UNION. Because they just allow anyone to send false IDs and wont return the money. They will make it look like its your fault. And I think this is an inside job. They had several promises that they will send me an email, til now I haven't gotten any and they sent it to a wrong email address. BRING BACK MY MONEY BECAUSE WESTERN UNION ARE THE THIEVES.

Western UnionRefund of money

Purchased a money order at my local Kroger store on 9/03/2020. Advised WU on or about 9/10/2020 it was stolen. The MO was cashed on 9/24/2020. Since that 1st contact, there have been at least 6 to 8 more contacts. I have had to remit to them the Police report twice, and they are now asking (again) for a notarized affidavit which I sent to them and they received on 12/28/2020 by signed, expedited delivery. Each time I call I get a different answer, have been told that after they get the information it could take an additional 100 days for a refund. I have my WU receipt (a copy - sent them a copy on 9/28/2020) and the original with the 12/28/2020 notarized info. I also have the receipt from my Kroger store for the M.O.
      I am so frustrated with them and I simply want my money.
      Thank you for any help you can be.
      Betty Boyne [protected]) ~ email: [protected]@ gmail.com

Western UnionScam or not

This is about a text message I got on my phone telling me about Western Union lucky for life lotto and how won 2500.000.00 if this is not correct im furious and want to take other actions this is my complaint they told me they sent my funds toWE CONFIRM THE RECEIPT OF YOUR E-MAIL DATED 14TH DEC 2020.

Dear NEFF,

This is to bring to your Quick notification that we have issued a payout of $250, 000 according to an instruction from the Western Union and ministry of finance United States of America with the total sum of ($250, 000, 00) is been remitted to the above beneficiary,
        We have finally sent your payment to Our GARANTI BBVA BANK. Kindly Find the attached Certificate of Claim and ensure You can contact The Chief Financial Officer by email with the necessary documentation and your funds would be processed once the required details have been submitted to the bank Congratulations once more.

CUSTOMER CARE LINE

Winning Numbers: WU-0185858

David Klingerman888 S Figueroa St Ste 550
        Los Angeles, CA 90017

Western UnionGarbage money transfer service

I sent money through western union and the person put in the wrong name. I went back to western union and tried to fix the receivers name. The person at western union said i have been banned from using western union to send money. Western union is fraudulent company and should be shut down. They are a garbage organization and will file complaint with better business for their garbage

Western UnionMoney transfers

WU recently instituted a new policy which constitutes harassment and intrusion into personal affairs. A money transfer to my family in China which was being repeated over a year was rejected. I spent 2 hours getting to their compliance dept. which finally told me they were just checking for possible fraud and there was no issue. My money was tied up for 10+ days. I was assured by the first contact that I should not have this problem again. The second time, after 4 days I saw the transfer had not gone through and I had to call. The rep started asking personal questions about how long I knew the transferee (my wife) and even how we contacted each other, when last seen etc. The sheer arrogance! This despite the record of probably 20 transfers in your system. I finally gave up answering their personally intrusive questions and told them to cancel and return my money. This will be another 10 day wait for me. I'm done with WU for good.

Western UnionTransfer of money

I am Lance A. Charles, Sr.
              290 East Penn St.
              Pasadena, Ca 91104
              DOB is April 3, 1945

Ref. Code R7008

I am denied service to send money! I want to know why.

I am a US Citizen of age 75.

I tried to send money to Chicago, Il and I was refused service.

Please un block my access to this service.

Western UnionCan’t send money

I am trying to send money to family, have have sent many times before. Went to send and was told I could because I was locked out. I filed a complaint and was told to many try's on password. But account is unlocked so on 26 October 2020 I sent money no problems. On 27 October 2020
                Went to send money and was told my account was locked again. I would like to know why and can it be unlock please

john asante Mar 03, 2021

l am trying to send money to my family have been send many time before . went to send and was told l could because l was locled out and l want to know why please thanks

Western UnionUnable to obtain my refund for stolen/altered money order

I have submitted a copy as requested of the altered money order twice. There were 2 altered money orders. One for 90.00 and one for 1,000.00. They paid me for the 90.00 altered/stolen money order, but now it has been over 7 months and nothing on the 1,000.00 money order. When I call I am told it is 90-120 days, then at the end of this time, I call again and told that the documents were resubmitted to their bank and give them another 90-120 days. It is a very clear alteration of the money order.

Western UnionLost checks

Hello,

I am having a very hard time retrieving my money from Western union. I tried to send money via western union. The transfer did not go through. The merchant refunded my money in 3 Western Union checks. One of the checks were cashed. The other 2 were lost. I asked Western Union (via the [protected] number) to send me replacement checks. I spoke with a man name "Fred". He had me have my bank contact him and finally 3 weeks later said he would reissue the checks. 6 weeks later I still have not received the checks. I contacted Western Union customer care, they said this issue has been resolved. I asked for copies of the cashed checks and have received no response. What can I do to get my $1600.00 back? Thank you for your assistance.

Western UnionSending money

I have been using western union to send money to the philippines every month for more than 4 years. Now for the last 3 days I get this message general compliance decline.. What is going on??? I called it in but not getting any help.. I have never had this issue in all the times for more than 3 years sending money every month to the same person in the phillippines...

Jul 02, 2020

Western Union — Refund

1- On May 20, 2020 I made a money transfer of $600 USD to be deposited to the recipient bank account Cairo...

Western UnionFunds transfer

Western Union is incompetent. They hire incompetent people. Their business practices and policies are incompetent. Are you comprehending me?

I spend the majority of a day trying to send a measly $7.00 USD to another country recipients bank account. I was denied over and over again; always a different reason. It is their policy to have some non-english speaking person to call you to VALIDATE your authorization of a transfer. They ask you private and personal information that they have no business knowing, PERIOD.

What their requirements and policies are, who knows, but if they don't like the information your provide them, they deny the transaction and disable your account. I even tried a transfer directly from my bank account, auto denied from that point on.

I will send them a bill for my time. Don't waste yours!

Western Union Financial ServicesRefund

On 2/12/2020 I sent a "Money Order Customer Request" form for a refund of $400 because the money order was sent to the Bahamas and they will not cash a money order in the Bahamas. I sent it to the Englewood Address with a letter explaning everything. I also sent a receipt as to where I purchased the money order. I have not heard from anyone about this nor have I received a refund. Can someone please advise me as to what's being done? The money order number is 19-[protected]

Thanks,
                          Robert W. Stewart
                          19351 NW 229th St.
                          High Springs, Fla. 32643
                          [protected]@gmail.com

Western Union Financial Serviceswestern union

I have been using Western union for many years. I buy gems and send money to people who help me primarily in Brazil. The amounts are small but may happen two or three times a month. Recently i went to make a transfer and i was informed that I was banned and no reason was provided. I was given an email addrees to write to which i have dine twice and i have had no response. I reviewed Western Union transfer policy in an attempt to understand what i have done wring and insee nothing. I have switched to moneygram. Western Union seems to not care about me as a customer so i would advise people to use moneygram.

Regards
                            Morgan

Dec 28, 2019

Western Union Financial Services — service

I transferred money To PortSaid to my Friend and they saying last name Should spill EMIRA not Amira. The...

Nov 19, 2019

Western Union Financial Services — refused money transfer - false allegation of a scam

A money transfer of $800 to my piano teacher was refused because of a false allegation of a scam. (11/17/19...

Western Union Financial Servicesmoney transfer

I made a mistake with a routing number
                              Now western union is trying to steal the money
                              I contacted them over 9 times and I get no resolution
                              They always say it will be refunded in a couple days
                              It's been over a month now. Beware they have had MANY complaints

See https://www.classactionsreporter.com/consumer/western-union-failure-return-uncollected-funds-class-action

Nov 01, 2019

Western Union Financial Services — receiving money

I've sent an urgent money from Sydney and will receive by family member in Asau Savaii Three times family...

Western Union Financial Servicessending money and receiving

I been a customer with western union for years as well and only send money using cash. One day I tried to receive money and the person was refunded back with no explanation. I called them and their saying I can't send or receive money anymore and they don't want my business. For me to send an email to [protected]@westernunion.com this has me very concern my friends and family help me sometimes and I help them I don't understand what the problem is. Something needs to be done about this.