Complaints & Reviews

Chase Visaidentity theft

In January 2011 I was the victim on an assault and ID theft.

Four hours after the assault began Chase Visa recognized recognize apparent fraudulent activity occurring on my account and froze it; but not until $4200 was stolen. The crooks then went into my pocket and attacked my AmEx in the amount of $4800.

The next morning I was notified of the damages and I advised them that it was all fraudulent. I was advised to wait until the charges cleared on my account to lodge a dispute. They cleared and I lodge a dispute and filed a criminal complaint with the police. Three weeks later, while doing my corporate expense report, I discovered the AmEx fraud and I filed a dispute with them.

In March I was advised by Chase Visa that my dispute was being denied. They stated that the dispute is being denied on the grounds that they have my signatures and that anybody can file a police report. With those statements they accused me of being a felon.

The signatures are forgeries and with their actions they are siding with the certified felon, according to Google, and against a long and honest business relationship.

AmEx, on the other hand, has recognize obvious fraudulent activity and has back charged $4800. They are also prosecuting the criminal merchant.

Why are there such different outcomes? Before Chase Visa starts accusing honest citizens of felonies they should look at their own actions. They are projecting their felonious activities on to individuals that don't have the financial resources to defend their reputations.

My positions has been and will always be that I will not pay for fraudulent charges on my visa card.

I retained an attorney that will assist me in any actions that Chase Visa initiates against me. My attorney states that with a $10, 000 retainer he will sue them for violating the Fair Credit Reporting Act. He also advised me that they have very deep pockets and that it difficult to prevail in such a dispute and that I would be liable for their court cost.

Chase Bankthey steal your money then lie to you

Banks steal from you. Bit by bit, in the sneakiest of ways, they take your money. Chase Bank, my current and soon to be former bank, is notorious for this. One disgusting and tiresome trick so many banks use, and Chase is no exception, is to rearrange the order of your transactions causing your account to become overdrawn, an action which consequently and subsequently incurs unexpected overdraft fees. This next act of deceit happened to me before but I let it slide because I couldn't quite put my finger on what was wrong. This time I paid closer attention to details and realized what the b*****ds did... I stayed at a hotel with my family. The total cost for our stay was $111.48. An extra $16.72 was added on to this total by the hotel to cover any extra expenses or charges. This brought the grand total of our hotel stay to $128.20. On our drive to this hotel, we stopped at Domino's Pizza. I put in an order and noticed the amount was less than I should be paying. The incorrect amount charged was $23.36. The friendly employee recalculated, voided out the $23.36 and charged me the correct amount of $29.88. Now fast forward, vacation is over, I go home, check my online statement and see that the charge of $128.20 from the hotel is there and BOTH Domino's transactions are there. All these debits are reflected in my 'available balance'. I called the hotel right away. They said the extra charge of $16.72 would 'drop off' my bank account in a couple of days. I called Domino's Pizza. They said the incorrect amount of $23.36 would drop off my account in a couple of days. Note, the total 'overcharge' of $40.08 had been included in my 'available balance'; had been deducted from my account. On the second day after our return, I saw that both charges had indeed 'dropped off', but my available balance was the same. The $40.08 was not reimbursed, not added back to my balance. $40.08 had been removed from my account balance. When the extra charges 'dropped off', the $40.08 was not reinstated, not returned. In other words, the b*****ds kept it! I called Chase right away, fuming. The woman I spoke to acted as if she had no idea what I was talking about and insulted my intelligence further by informing me that "...There are no extra charges. The correct charge is right there on your statement. There ARE no extra charges." Ugh!! I felt as if I were in an old TV episode of the Twilight Zone! I ended up hanging up on the woman out of sheer frustration!
    I cannot WAIT to get as far away from Chase as I can. I'm headed to our local Credit Union. From what I understand, they, unlike banks, aren't disgustingly greedy and won't (knock on wood) steal my money!

• Pe
        Penny0302 May 19, 2011

To be honest if that rep only has what SHE/HE see's on the screen from what you explained that item was pending and fell off the Rep cannot go back in time to see what you saw the moment that transaction was pending on the account. So when you explain your story to the rep of course the rep cannot see where the problem is nor can HE/SHE do anything if that is not what is on the screen at the time you call. The best thing you should have done was to walk into the branch have them look over your account with you. Even speak with a branch manager if need be I think this could have been resolved. Always try to put yourself in their shoes they cannot see all, what you see one day especially when it comes to pending items. Might not be the same the next day, cause the transaction always can change or fall off. :)

• Thanks... Still no explanation for why the debited amount wasn't put back though. This has happened before. I think she knew exactly what I meant. It's cool though. I appreciate your feed back. Maybe you're right!

• Pe
        Penny0302 May 19, 2011

I don't trust computers all that much lol even though I love using the internet...(obviously lol) It could have been a system error which can be hard to prove unfortunately. Also maybe another transaction came through that might have added up to that amount like gas which doesn't post right away a few things can take time to reflect on an account. I know that sounds far fetched, but a possibility. I am curious on how that occurred if you ever find out leave an update. :)

Chase Bankno help on fraud ach charges

Back in 2009 someone did Fraudulent ACH charges against my company for almost 70, 000.00 Because I did not make my complaint within 30 days, Chase refused to help me! I tried to speak to someone and no one would help!! I have tried to recover these monies that have hurt my business greatly!! Avoid Chase at all costs!!

jtaylor678 May 17, 2011

Uh, no. Been fighting it Chase Employee!!! There were several charges. These were done over sometime and my accountant found these! Police report filed as well! Chase ignored this at all levels!!! So it is funny that 30 seconds after I place the complaint you answer!! This is a Chase employee trying to cover up their debauchery!

jtaylor678 May 17, 2011

They did at the time. Chase should have went back to the merchants and got the money back per their rules and regulations. That is what Wells Fargo told me should have happened.

jtaylor678 May 17, 2011

Thanks "Molly" for you asinine comments and if you are a real EMT, God help the poor people when you show up!

jtaylor678 May 17, 2011

Thanks Molly. Have a great day working the drive thru!

Spencerfromny Sep 12, 2012

ive heard other people have that problem. did they fix it at least??!

jtaylor678 Sep 13, 2012

No never!! They told me I was out of luck and it nearly destroyed my business. They were to busy making bad stock decisions and over charging on ATM fees! Chase should be ashamed of themselves for their "inaction" to help a legitimate and good customer!! I did have to get a new account and all my auto debits were off and caused me huge time delays and constraints.

JPMorgan Chaseloan modification

chase bank offered me a loan modification after prequalifing me . after a year of sumitting and resumitteing form they said it was finally completed. my mortage went from 864.00 to 965.oo. the program offered by obama is called making my home affordable. i was divorce, invovled in a modification scam through another company, has a family member who has medical issues and i myself did for about 6 months. they have now resovled.

sparkling3usus Aug 03, 2011

I am looking for individuals to join me in a potential Class Action lawsuit against Chase Bank for violating my home owner rights and failing to follow Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP) guidelines. Ifyou were approved for the trial period, made all of your scheduled payments on time, andthen you were denied for a modification, please contact me. joejoe1815 gmail

sparkling3usus Aug 12, 2011

1: Resolution on Banking
            WHEREAS, the nation's largest banks were preserved from failure by federal aid, and excelled in markets revived by federal aid, realized vast profits even as the broader economy struggles to emerge from recession, and loan losses continue to mount1; and
            WHEREAS, CEO‘s from the major banks received large bonuses while in the midst of one of the worst recessions in American history2; and
            WHEREAS, JP Morgan Chase has reportedly overcharged deployed military service persons on their home mortgages and evicted a dozen military families3; and
            WHEREAS, smaller banks, community banks and credit unions with only 11% of the share of bank assets are responsible for over half of small business loans (56%) compared to the largest 20 banks who have 57% of the share of bank assets and only 18% of loans to small business4; and
            WHEREAS, the first apostles ―were of one heart and soul, and no one claimed private ownership of any possessions, but everything they owned was held in common…There was not a needy person among them, for as many as owned lands or houses sold them and brought the proceeds of what was sold. They laid it at the apostles‘ feet, and it was distributed to each as any had need. (Acts 4:32, 34, 35)‖; and
            WHEREAS, Jim Wallis, a social justice advocate in his 2010 book, Rediscovering Values – On Wall Street, Main Street, and Your Street stated, ―Perhaps the best counter to the culture of ‗greed is good‘ is an admonition that comes from the heart of our moral and religious traditions that remind us that ‗enough is enough.‖; and
            WHEREAS, investing in Lutheran financial institutions such as The ELCA Mission Investment Fund, The Lutheran Credit Union of America, Thrivent Financial for Lutherans, and the ELCA Foundation share our mission and values; therefore be it
            RESOLVED: That the Southwest California Synod, its congregations, social ministry organization, and congregation members be encouraged to invest in a Lutheran Financial institution, a local community bank, or a credit union.
            Jane Affonso, Trinity, Manhattan Beach
            Ron Nelson, Christ, Long Beach
            Lillian Simons, First, Glendale
            Beverly Valdez, Angelica, Los Angeles
            Background Information on the Resolution on Banking:
            1 These major banks and financial institutions received over $245 billion in bailout funds with the largest banks (Bank of America, Citigroup, JP Morgan Chase, Wells Fargo, Goldman Sachs & Morgan Stanley) receiving a large portion of the bailout, each receiving between $10 billion to $50 billion. (ProPublica, The State of the Bailout: Bailout Scorecard, March 14, 2011)
            2 (Wall Street Journal, Banks Set for Record Pay, 1/14/2010 and Study by Wall Street Journal)
            3 (The Huffington Post, JPMorgan Chase Wrongly Forecloses On Military Families, Posted 1/18/2011; Video from NBC News)
            4 (Source: FDIC 3rd Quarter 2009)
            Here are some key findings from a report done by the National People‘s Action and the Public Accountability Initiative:
             This year Bank of America is receiving an income tax refund of $666 million for 2010, according to its annual report filed in late February 2011. This is following a $3.5 billion refund reported in 2009. Bank of America's federal income tax benefit this year is roughly two times the Obama administration's proposed cuts to the Community Development Block Grant program ($299 million).
             Six banks — Bank of America, Wells Fargo, Citigroup, JPMorgan Chase, Goldman Sachs, and Morgan Stanley together paid income tax at an approximate rate of 11% of their pre-tax US earnings in 2009 and 2010. Had they paid at 35%, what they are legally mandated to pay, the federal government would have received an additional $13 billion in tax revenue. This would cover more than two years of salaries for the 132, 000 teacher jobs lost since the economic crisis began in 2008.
             Wells Fargo reportedly received a $4 billion federal income tax refund on $18 billion in pre-tax income in 2009, and paid 7.5% of its pre-tax income of $19 billion in 2010 in federal taxes. Its net federal income tax benefit for 2009 and 2010 combined, $2.5 billion, is equal to the Obama administration's proposed cuts of 50% to the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program.
             Banks use a variety of mechanisms to avoid corporate income taxes, including offshore tax shelters. 50% of the six banks' 1871 foreign subsidiaries are incorporated in jurisdictions that have been identified as offshore tax havens, such as the Cayman Islands.
             Bank of America operates 371 tax-sheltered subsidiaries, more than any other big bank studied, and 204 subsidiaries in the Cayman Islands alone, according to its latest regulatory filings. 75% of Goldman Sachs's foreign subsidiaries are incorporated in offshore tax havens.
             The banks' private banking arms also protect the wealth of rich clients from taxation through offshore investment strategies. Bank of America's wealth management arm encourages clients to register their yachts in foreign jurisdictions for tax reasons.
             Closing special tax loopholes on the financial sector and implementing sensible revenue-raising initiatives such as the Financial Speculation Tax could generate over $150 billion in federal tax revenue each year.

Chase Auto Finance — repeated calls to non-borrowers

I received about 20 calls from "Chase Auto Loans" regarding an autoo loan by my former wife from whom I have...

Ambler

Chase Bank — wrong closing date

Nicole Sapp of Chase Bank set a closing date of 4-3-11 for a home refinancing loan. My son took off work to...

Chase Customer Satisfaction Survey — do not click link

Due to the rumors of financial crisis, we decided to make a nationwide survey. The information collected will...

Chase Home Finance/modificationmodification program

run around for 6 monts with no end chase is playing games . I am tried of the run around stall tactics. they can have my home which was my american dream now turned into a nightmare. I don.t have time for this run around anymore. I have to get back to my happyness foe my family's sake. we will go rent and chase can have this house to sit around empty with all the others.

Chase — dishonoring previously resolved debt with washington mutual

Chase is trying to collect on a 5 year old debt that I had with Washington Mutual. At the time, I was a...

Chase Home Finance Equity Accelerator — equity accelerator

Upon finding my checking balance lower than it should have been, I discovered that Equity Accelerator had...

JPMorgan Chasecalls

I understand that I am on the loan to, but there is nothing I can do about it.
            I am disabled and divorced as of 4/4/2010. I keep getting calls from Chase
            Auto Finance wandering what I'm going to do about it. I tell them the same
            thing each time. I have recieved Three (3) calls this Sunday morning 5/1/2011 about the loan from [protected]. The Judge gave her the car and
            me the house. What can I do about this? I can understand during the week,
            but on a Sunday?

Chase Bankincompetence & fee gouging

I was very happy with WAMU, and when they were taken over by Chase Bank I hoped for the best. Haven't gotten it. Nothing but problems due to their incompetent computer systems, restrictive policies, and argumentative telephone Customer Support. Most recent event happened today, and I'm still steaming. While reconciling my savings account I found a $3.00 Extra Withdrawal Fee. I called Customer Support. They asked me to verify my address, and I gave it to them. They responded with "That is not correct". Long story short on THIS incompetence is I moved 9 months before and immediately changed my bank address online, and never had a problem with prior calls for support until now. It turned out the old address was still on file but had NO ACCOUNTS ASSIGNED TO IT, all 5 of my accounts were properly assigned to my current address BUT THE CUSTOMER SERVICE DATA WAS OUT OF DATE (even though there was no problem LAST MONTH when I called to have them correct yet another problem and the statement address was correct). Had to answer a bunch of security questions to verify my account. Forced them to DELETE the erroneous address. THEN we finally got to my problem. You're allowed 4 withdrawals before a fee is charged. I had one, but they pointed out 2 TRANSFERS TO CHECKING which are NOW considered to be "withdrawals" even though the money is still in the bank. I pointed out that was only 3 withdrawals. The rep said "but there's a more recent withdrawal". I pointed out that there was a withdrawal one day AFTER the statement period, therefore it should not be counted and, if it were, it would STILL BE within the 4 withdrawal limit. The rep begrudgingly reversed the bogus charge with a $3.00 credit. I pointed out to him that Chase has the most incompetent Information Technology department I've ever dealt with. I will be closing all 5 of my accounts at the earliest possible opportunity. THIS IS THE MOST INCOMPETENT BANK ON PLANET EARTH!!!

Chase Mortgageforeclosure

I fell behind on my mortgage, then I was accepted for a Federal Modification...2 times. I have been given the run around for over 2 years now. I made my 2 Federal Modification payments on time; all of a sudden Chase returned me checks. When I called them I was given a different answer every time I called, and I called at least 2 times a week. I was even told "Everything will be fine Jodi". Now they have again put me in foreclosure because of personal tax leins, these leins were on my record all along. I am working on them; they are personally attached to me, not my property. I am really really upset, can anyone offer me any help. I have improved my credit and have worked diligently to get rid of these personal tax leins. I am a wreck.

• Dana Shafman Mar 04, 2014

Good afternoon Jodi,

While I hope you received the help you needed and deserved to fight Chase to beat them at their own awful game, I am also sad to report that there are many others that are in your position seeking assistance and experiencing similar feelings of "being a wreck" many years later. For that reason, I am answering both current and past complaint and help posts to provide much needed information to others facing foreclosure and deceptive collection practices.

You have rights and you need to assert your rights by way of constant pressure on the lender or servicer coupled with a strategic approach to enforcing Dodd-Frank, RESPA and FDCPA violations. Believe it or not, I have helped many distressed or "wrecked" homeowners in your situation to get through the BS and on to financial freedom. Begin by asserting your rights:

1. You have the right to appeal any modification decisions that were made on your file but you generally must do so within 30 days from the time of the denial

2. You have the right to reapply for modification at any time in the event your financial situation changes and the lender or servicer must provide you with options to assist you based on your current situation

3. You have the right to hold Chase accountable for modifying (or not modifying) your loan because they took part in the National Mortgage Settlement where they have agreed to be held accountable for robo-signing and mortgage servicing wrongdoings

4. You have the right to challenge the debt and your servicer or lender must answer the challenge to your satisfaction before they proceed with collection of the debt to include foreclosure

A good rule of thumb is that if you believe that they are violations on your file, there most likely are so trust your intuition. Additionally, contact END Consulting to discuss your situation at no cost to you to uncover what options exist for you moving forward and we also provide links to all the regulatory agencies and client resources needed to assert your rights. I do not take on any clients that I believe I can help as we ere of the honest and ethical side of the fence always. Fell free to contact me anytime at Dana at ConsultingEND dot com or visit our website for more information at www dot ConsultingEND dot com or below:

Dana Shafman
                    Managing Member
                    END Consulting
                    Toll Free [protected] Ext 101
                    [protected]@ConsultingEND.com
                    www.ConsultingEND.com

Chase Home Financeforbearance

My loan was previously sereviced by Citi when I was granted a forbearance to skip one payment and repay a certain amount during the course of one year for damage due to hurricane Ike in 2009. Before I was able to repay Citi according to Forbeearance agreement, Chase began servicing my loan. Per agreement with Citi, I repaid a monthly additional amount along with my current payment during the course of one year. Chase put all the additional payments in a suspense fund and have since eaten away some of the additional payment for late charges and fees. According to agreement, we are not supposed to incur any late charges or adverse credit reports as a result of this forbearance as long as we comply with the agreement. After numerous phone calls, faxes, and letters, Chase has yet to credit our account for the repayment amount and has been accruing late charges and fees on the account. Chase has not recognized the forbearance even though they have copies of it sent from us. Because Chase has not recognized the forbearance, they applied the current payment to the skipped payment; thus, every payment after that for the last 2 yrs has been registering as late. Chase refuses to correct this error. We have spoken with people in numerous departments. It seems that the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing. However, Chase continues to be inundating us with harassing phone calls on a daily basis. Help us get out of this dilemma! Make Chase pay.

Chase Bank — unexceptable customer service

Since the later part of may, I have been trying to obtain an answer from the branch manager in a request to...

Chaseenhancement services

I recently put in a claim to Chase under the Chase Purchase Protection benefit. This was declined because I used a $25 gift card toward the purchase and Chase claims somewhere in its ridiculous fine print that the entire purchase charge needs to be covered by the credit card. I did not request full reimbursement, only the amount charged on the card. Nonetheless, they disqualified this benefit. Just another loophole. I have been a customer of Chase for over 30 years and apparently they would rather lose a valuable customer than cover a $200 claim. Shame Shame Shame!

JPMorgan Chase — we the people bail out jpmorgan but will they bail out the customer???

On 18 Feb 2011, I received a call from a lady by the name of Leslie from the Kennesaw, Ga Chase Auto Finance...

JPMorgan Chasehome modification (hamp) scam and mers

Here is my general take on the "mortgage crisis" based on the experiences I have had with chase home finance and the obama "making home affordance" program (Hamp).

The obama "making home affordable" program (Hamp) has proven to me and millions of other people that the "mortgage crisis" is a result of a completely planned domino effect starting from "purposefully-created short-term lenders" who falsify information and trap people into agreeing to ridiculous mortgages or refinances. These short-term lenders then "pool" all of these fraudulent mortgages and sell them to another lender like bank of america or jp morgan chase for a huge profit, sometimes even the same day, and then they close their business. This new lender may then sell it to another lender for a huge profit. Who created the original short-term lenders? The big banks!! The whole things was a meticulously calculated plan which has been successfully carried out. The goal of the plan (Scam) is to foreclose on as many properties as possible and sell them for a huge profit. The obama "making home affordable" program (Hamp) was the final step in this scam. The big banks get billions and billions of dollars from the government supposedly to help the homeowners, most of whom were victims of the "fake" lenders between the years [protected]. The banks agree to modify these loans; however, they have no intention of ever modifying the loans. Their intention is to force the homeowner into foreclosure. They do this by approving your loan modification, lower your payments to 31% of your monthly income, have you make these payments for three or four months, then deny your permanent loan modification. The lender then claims that due to the fact you've only made partial payments for the past four months, you are now in default and must pay back the difference between the modified payment and the original payment in order to get out of default status. Plus, you must pay the entire mortgage due for the current month, so you end up getting a mortgage statement saying you must pay a ridiculous amount of money to get your account back in good standing. Plus, they have reported to the credit companies that you are four months late in your payments, lowing your credit score considerably and causing other problems for the homeowner. Not only that, but one of the terms of the obama "making home affordable" plan is that you must have the lender set up an escrow account for you. The mortgage company then pays your property taxes and homeowner’s insurance way before they are due (Sometimes before the homeowner even receives the bill). Now that you have been denied your loan modification, you must pay back all of this money to them (Which is then added to the previous ridiculous amount of money already due them). Also, they refuse to remove the escrow account from your mortgage loan after you've been denied modification, so now you must add estimated property tax amounts to your original monthly mortgage payment. The obama "making home affordable" plan not only doesn't make your home affordable, the end result is a higher mortgage payment than the original one... Forcing the homeowner into foreclosure. Thus the scam is complete.

But, they made two crucial mistakes which will be their downfall. When the initial scam lender sold a “pool” of mortgages to a big bank, they neglected to forward the original paperwork to the new lender. Some mortgages have been sold three and four times to different big banks. Not only does the current lender not have the original mortgage papers, it is not serving as a bank at all, but just as a collection agency and, therefore, has no legal rights to modify your loan at all. The second crucial mistake was, in order to save time, the initial lenders used a third-party entity called mers to temporarily hold title to the actual properties while they were being sold. Mers is an “entity” that uses an electronic database to record mortgage titles. Mers then failed to follow-up with title companies and never registered the new lender of any of the mortgages. Therefore, the title, deed of record and ownership of the mortgage on the property belongs to mers, and the only company legally permitted to foreclose on that property is mers. The current mortgage lender only holds ownership of your mortgage “loan.”

I called the york county, pa, recorder of deeds to find out who currently holds the title to my property. The answer - mers.

The attorney general, state’s attorney, state representative, etc… will not help at all. I have found a “mass joinder” lawsuit against jp morgan chase which has been filed in california (Mass joinder - plaintiff pays up front, usually $4, 000... Class action suit - attorney takes fee out of amount awarded) based on an original lawsuit filed against bank of america. Here are the case details. Please check it out. I'm not sure if this lawsuit is just another scam, and am still investigating.
                      Noriko belmont, et al v. Jp morgan chase, et al
                      Filed in the superior court for the state of california, county of los angeles
                      Case no.: bc455629
                      Date filed: march 22, 2011

Please check out the court's website and you'll see that it has actually been filed. Also check out these links for very important information.

Chase Bankforeclosure

I have had a mortgage with Chase for years. They have always been thieves and do not work with people in desparate situations. They were working with my husband and told him step by step what we needed to do to get our home mortgage interest rate reduced. He jumped hoops and after it was said and done they told him that now his credit score was to high and they could not do anything for him. They have our first mortgage at 8% and 2nd mortgage at 12% last time I checked. To depressing to continuing looking at something you have no control over. I think the second is even higher. Anyway, I am trying to find someone to give me advice on what to do because now my husband has lost his job and I am the only one employed. I contacted chase bank because we were 2 payments behind and told them I would have the payments to them within 1 week and they told me fine, they would do what they could to help me. I did as they told me and made a payment, they told me I had until the 6th of April to make the payment and I made 2 payments by the 5th. On the 2nd when a payment was made they rejected it. I contacted them and had to speak with 5 representatives, I think they just kept hanging up on me. I finally got someone to take the payment, it was taken out of my bank account, I called the next day and made a second payment, again taken out of my account and came home from work after both were taken saying that they "cancelled my payment and did not take and that if I try to make any other payments to them that they would just keep rejecting." Help!!! do you know anyone who can help. Chase is awful to deal with. I have spoken with countless reps and they keep saying sorry! I don't want a sorry I tell them I want a resolution. What do you recommend?

• Ta
                            TammyBall Jul 27, 2011

try to see if another bank will take over your loan before they foreclose on you. get on the phone and call some of them asap!

• Ta
                            TammyBall Jul 27, 2011

get on the phone and call other banks asap and see if they will take over the loan or let you open a new one with them. maybe they can pay chase off and help you get a better interest or cheaper pmts. do it before they can foreclose on you.

Chase Mortgagediscrimination

My husband and I are in our 60s, white caucasion, I lost my job in 2009 and our business due to the BP oils spill in 2010. We applied for a mod from Chase for our home in 2009 due to my job loss. We were denied and told that we made too much money. We used our life savings to keep our payments up-to-date until May 2010 when we were told by a Chase rep. that we should stop making payments as it will "push" Chase to help us. In August of 2010 when we were contacted by a Chase representative, Margo Mowers who is Hispanic. We thought that she was sent by an angel since she sounded so sincere and that she/Chase truly wanted to help us. We reapplied for the mod again. We filled out all of the excessive paperwork, submitted all of our personal information including SS #s, bank acct. #, 3 yr.s tax information, first born child, right arm, etc. We were told that this would take no more than 60 days for Chase to reply. We were relieved and thought that we were going to get the help that we so desperately needed to save our home. We have never been late on our payments, we had an excellent credit history, we designed and built our home ourselves by acting as the contractors and put our blood, sweat and tears into this home. It was our final home and we thought that this "help"would secure our future and our retirement in our soon to be "old age".

60 days after we applied, we heard nothing, we called Ms. Mowers, emailed her and sent letters. She did not return our calls, did not return or acknowledge our emails, did not respond to our letters, NOTHING. We did not hear from Chase after 60 days, 90 days or 120 days. In January 2011, Ms. Mowers sent us a letter and told us that the paperwork that we submitted, has expired due to the "overload of mod cases" and requested that we reapply for the fourth time! What happened? We were devastated, we had given up after no response from Chase or their so called representative. In December, we left our home in our children's hands to handle what ever may happen. We have moved to another state trying to find jobs. We felt that we were being held hostage by Chase. We also believe that the reason our application was allowed to expire was because we are of the wrong color and race. We are white, responsible and elderly. We were thrown to the back of the pack so that the young and people of the Hispanic and black race could be helped since they were among the majority that purchased homes that they could not afford. We are disgusted and penniless at this time in our lives. We have lost everything that we spent a lifetime trying to achieve. Our retirement has been dwindled trying to keep our home. Chase bank is one of the worst offender's, preying on people who have tried to do the right thing. Refusing to help those who do help themselves and granting reprieves to those who couldn't afford their homes in the first place. Chase bank should not be allowed to do business in this country as they are among the biggest offenders of defaulting on their multi-billion dollar loans, taking money from the taxpayers to bail themselves out, paying their execs. millions of dollars and screwing people like us. They are nothing but crooks. We are trying to contact Ms. Mowers, who has not returned our calls to date to apply for a short sale. NO RESPONSE WHATSOEVER! Chase can foreclose, ruin our credit, lives and take our future, what ever is left of it.But they can't get blood out of turnips! And we believe that we were discriminated against because of our race and age.

normal person1 Oct 15, 2010

I applied for a home mortgage with Chase and got pre-approved. After that they spend 45 days trying to collect the same information 3 times. My escrow got expired and my loan underwriter still asking the same questions. When I asked the loan officer whether the underwriter looked at the documents, his response was, well, you just have to keep sending whatever they want if you want the loan because you got no choice. I was so mad and told him that I do have a choice and my choice was to cancel the application with Chase.

I feel that I was bully by the big bank who treated me like no body.

I have been banking with them for years, and still be treated like that. Why should people still bank with the big banks? I will certainly move my relationship ASAP...

• Th
                              TheVerdad Apr 23, 2011

Your age and race are not relevant. Your racist comments are offensive and quite inappropriate. Good luck blaming EVERYONE else except yourself; it undoubtedly will get you nowhere just like your irresponsibility.

• On
                              Onlinerandy Jan 08, 2012

You sir are completely off base here ...I know Ms. Mower and have witnessed her being discriminated against. She knows how hurtful it is and I know for sure that she would never discriminate against anyone.

Perhaps you should open your eyes and see it for what it is, Chase doing whatever it has to do to keep the Government money coming in. I suspect that Ms. Mowers has no control of the documents after they are submitted. Again, I am only guessing that she doesn't. I've known Ms. Mowers for 32 years, I met her when she came to this country and only know two words, yes please and no thank you!

My best to you and I hope things work out.