Celcom Broadband / installation problem

1 Malaysia Review updated:

Have called your helpdesk more than 3 times and have spoken to Cik Ijah (2x), En Hasli, Cik Ain and various occasions to request for the installation of Celcom broadband for my site office in Shah Alam. 1st time called was informed that the cost was RM499. The next day, on 25/2/09, when I went to your center at PKNS to sign up, I was informed that the price was RM699. I was shocked at the increase in price within 24 hours! Anyway, was advised to call up the help desk as sometimes there are promotions. Therefore, I called up on the afternoon of 25/2/09 and spoke to Cik Ijah again and she told me that the price was RM299 and will arrange for one of the account mgrs to see me within 5 days. But up till now, I have not heard anything from anyone.

Is it so difficult to install Celcom broadband? What kind of service you are offering. Frankly, if I have other alternatives besides Celcom broadband, I will not hesitate to change. Your service, I am sorry to say is very, very, very disappointing and frustrating and has put a very bad impression on such a name as Celcom.

Comments

15th of Mar, 2009

Hopefully, I will receive a favourable reply towards Celcom customer service.

• Ju
      23rd of Mar, 2009

Actually, it is not that difficult. Depending on what you need it for. If this is for office use and for many users, you will need to have the WiFi Router package. Also depending whether you use below 5Gb of data per month. If you do, then, it would be the RM139 package. If exceeding, it would be the RM299 package. There is a tenure of 18 months. And if for any reason that you are not satisfied, just return the unit is 7 days to the location you purchase it from. I also think that some of the dealers are trying to con you with their uncertified modems. Just insist on getting Huawei Certified Modems only. You can see from the back of the modem that it has a Sirim Sticker and also a Celcom Broadband sticker. To ensure that it is not forged, once you purchase, log in to www.myhuawei.com and do a verification.
    Information on this package is on http://www.celcom.com.my/cep/xresources/CelcomCORP/broadband/html/wireless_bundle.html

If you need to know more, check out www.celcom.com.my/broadband.