Canadian Tireonline order process

This morning, July 31 at 10:46 a.m., I placed an online order. I received one email stating that the order had been received but had not yet been processed shortly after I placed the order. In that email it indicated that I would receive another email when the order had been processed and was ready to be picked up. At 3:30 this afternoon, after trying to reach the online customer service unsuccessfully, I decided to visit the store and make the purchase myself. When I finally reached the online customer service just after 5 p.m. EST, to cancel my online order, I was told by the clerk that the order had been filled this morning at 11:46. Now I have been charged twice, because I didn't receive an email informing me that the order was ready to be picked up and I visited the store myself to buy and pay for the items. Now, to add further insult to injury, I am being told that it could take up to two weeks for the credit to show on my credit card statement. I used the online ordering for efficiency, so that I could come to customer service and pick up the goods and be in and out of the store quickly, as well as being assured that the items would be there. Because of Canadian Tire's poor communication, I have now bought the same items twice because CT couldn't email me that my order was ready. When by CT's own directions, the order was not ready (no email received), I visited the store to buy it myself, as I needed the items today. Now, I may not see the credit for the cancelled online order for two weeks. This is the kind of service you are offering your customers? I will think twice before giving my business to CT again. I like to try and support Canadian business, but stupidity like this makes it very hard.

Ka