Canadian Tire / horrible tire service

1 Hyde Park NorthLondon, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

I went to store #425 to have my tire repaired, the mechanic did not put the hub cap on properly, it fell off on my way home. I contacted the store and spoke with Kevin he said he would have a new hub cap for my car on Tuesday.

Called Tuesday and got yelled at by another employee telling me the car showed up at their garage without the hub cap. He was extremely rude he actually said the mechanic reported the hub cap missing when the car arrived, they reviewed their surveillance tape and actually did see the hub cap on my car, caught themselves in their Own lie. They still continued to say it was my fault for not verifying their work, so im supposed to check the oil pan plug after an oil change? this does not make sense.

It is unbelievable how in this economy CTC treats customers this way, the auto employees at this store are rude, obnoxious and totally unwilling to make a situation right.

Regrettably my business will go elsewhere and not to store #425 or any canadian tire.

Ja

Comments

• Mm
      30th of Nov, 2009

I went to the Canadian Tire on Kingsway Ave in Edmonton, Ab to have my son's car looked at after he had slid on ice and hit a curb. First the woman at the Service counter told me I would ahve to have the frame straightened and wouldn't even look at it. When they agreed to look at it the mechanic said it needed a new rim, control arm and strut. He had he would source a used control arm, it would cost a lot less. I agreed and he said they would call the next day with the price. By the time they phoned a friend who's a mechanic said he would do the work. I told the guy when he phoned I changed my mind and could I still get the parts? he spoke to someone else who I heard through the phone say "tell her to get her own god damn parts ! ". I told the guy on the phone that I had heard that and that wasn't very professional of him. I asked what the other guys name was. The other guy wouldn't come to the phone. I picked up the car and the parts later that day. My mechanic told me I didn't need the strut and the control arm was for the wrong side. They got me the other side but it was missing a part. They tried to tell me that's the way it came however, the first piece was all there. So I ask to speak to the Service manager, who turns out to be the guy that made the rude comment ! He said he didn't say it to me, intimating that it was ok then. He came up with one excuse after another never offering an apology. I have never had such poor or rude service in my life. I will never take another car back to them.